PDA

View Full Version : WYSIWYG and psychic upgrades

Lerra
03-23-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm heading to Adepticon in a little over a week, and WYSIWYG is a lot tighter at Adepticon than at my local events. What's the standard practice for modeling psychic/magic upgrades? Namely, upgrades like Bolt of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos, Unholy Might, etc.

So far my best idea is to put actual bolts (http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00eVaEOvtlVQUo/Din931-Hex-Bolt.jpg) on the base to mark Bolt of Tzeentch. Which is a pretty terrible idea.

Or is it generally acceptable to say "The blue Daemon Prince has Bolt, the purple Daemon Prince has Breath of Chaos"?

Bean
03-23-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm heading to Adepticon in a little over a week, and WYSIWYG is a lot tighter at Adepticon than at my local events. What's the standard practice for modeling psychic/magic upgrades? Namely, upgrades like Bolt of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos, Unholy Might, etc.

So far my best idea is to put actual bolts (http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00eVaEOvtlVQUo/Din931-Hex-Bolt.jpg) on the base to mark Bolt of Tzeentch. Which is a pretty terrible idea.

Or is it generally acceptable to say "The blue Daemon Prince has Bolt, the purple Daemon Prince has Breath of Chaos"?

I think it is generally acceptable to go with the latter.

DarkLink
03-23-2011, 02:41 PM
If there isn't a modeling option on the sprue (or would be an option if there was a model for that unit), then you probably don't need to worry about WYSIWYG. I've never seen anyone require you to model extra armor either.

isotope99
03-23-2011, 03:22 PM
You could paint lightning up one arm to represent bolt (night lords style) and flames on the other to represent breath (salamanders or legion of the damned style).

Agree though, I can't see this being a WYSIWYG requirement

AngelsofDeath
03-23-2011, 05:52 PM
I would just go ahead and when you hand you opponent your army list write down which ones you are going to take and on which model. That should do it.

Mycroft Holmes
03-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Just a note on Adepticon; any powers that are chosen when the list is written are the powers you use every game. No switching up depending on your opponent.

Mycroft

gcsmith
03-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Even if the rules say pick in deployment?

dannyat2460
03-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Just a note on Adepticon; any powers that are chosen when the list is written are the powers you use every game. No switching up depending on your opponent.

Mycroft

same as every comp that is run rite then lol

Mycroft Holmes
03-28-2011, 08:00 AM
Even if the rules say pick in deployment?

"any powers that are chosen when the list is written"

If it says pick at deployment then that's when you pick; but most powers are picked when the list is written and may not be changed through out the tournament.

Mycroft

ScrutMaster
03-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Like others have said, the easiest way to differentiate between two seperate models with two seperate psychich powers would be to model them differently. Or you could mark the edge of the base with a number. IE #1 has Bolt of Tzeentch/ Breath of Chaos and #2 has Unholy Might / Lash

BuFFo
03-28-2011, 04:04 PM
You don't need to model items that are not physical, such as psychic powers, on 40k, unless you really want to.

Adepticon only cares that you have the powers listed for the model somewhere.

wkz
03-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Think of it this way: abilities does not need to be modded. (and psyker spells are "abilities" of Librarians, etc)

How in the world do you show "feel no pain" on all of your 10+ Death Company anyways?

BuFFo
03-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Think of it this way: abilities does not need to be modded. (and psyker spells are "abilities" of Librarians, etc)

How in the world do you show "feel no pain" on all of your 10+ Death Company anyways?

Maybe model little combat knives stuck in the models to show that they don't feel any pain?

wkz
03-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Maybe model little combat knives stuck in the models to show that they don't feel any pain?

Wouldn't that be feeling LOTS of pain? :D