PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Customer Service by CCG Armory

ScrutMaster
03-22-2011, 04:26 PM
So this is a copy of the emails I've been sending back and forth to CCG Armory concerning they're delivery of my orders. My name, email address, and order numbers are edited out. This is not intended as a rant just a warning to those who intend to order online from this store.
[Note: You'll have to read from bottom to top as this is just a copy paste]

Either way the package is still arriving later then was expressed to me. If it says 3-6 day shipping I would expect it to arrive in 3-6 business days not 7 or 8. I had this same problem with my last order from your store. I had received an email from you saying my order was shipped on 3/8/11 but when It did not arrive in the 3-5 business day period I emailed you and talked to your live support and he told me the package was shipped on 3/14/11 not 3/8/11 like the email I had received from you said.

--- On Tue, 3/22/11, Service <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: RE: Order #*****
To:*************************
Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2011, 1:52 PM

If you would like to get more information from UPS about the status of the package you can call them at 1-800-PICK-UPS. They might have additional detail to provide.

Their tracking on their site (www.ups.com) shows a delivery date of tomorrow

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:

Wednesday, 03/23/2011, By End of Day

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=en_US&Requester=UPSHome&WBPM_lid=homepage%2Fct1.html_pnl_trk&trackNums=****************&track.x=Track

Jeremy
CCGARmory.com

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 4:49 PM
To: Service

Ok if saturday is not a delivery day for UPS then why is my package sitting in San Pablo, CA over an hour away from the town I live in. I just checked the tracking 5 minutes ago and the package had only received an arrival scan at the San Pablo, CA center. Also it is saying that there is no scheduled delivery date for my package to arrive. Even counting from the 15th to the 22nd excluding saturday and sunday my package should have arrived today.

Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2011, 1:41 PM

I’m sorry if there are any misunderstandings. The clock starts the next business day (the 15th) and Saturday is not a delivery day for UPS. We do offer faster shipping methods but this is the timeline for the free shipping.

Jeremy
CCGArmory.com

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 4:21 PM

3-6 business days from the 14th is the 21st. because the 20th is sunday and mail is not delivered on sundays. Therefore my package should have arrived yesterday which was the 6th business day.

To: *************************
Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2011, 1:06 PM

The 3-6 days is business days. At this point everything appears to be on schedule and the package is moving through the transit system within the expected timeframes

Jeremy

CCGArmory.com

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 4:03 PM

Ok, but how does 3-6 day shipping turn into "it MIGHT get there in 6 days. Maybe more cause delivery dates aren't always accurate." The order was shipped on the 14th and 6 days from that was the 21st.

Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2011, 2:11 AM

The delivery dates are not always accurate – it does show in their system and should arrive today or tomorrow

Jeremy
CCGArmory.com

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:33 AM
To: CCG Armory Store
Subject: Order #*****

Hi I was supposed to receive this order in the mail today from UPS. The tracking information said the scheduled delivery was 3/21/11, but UPS never came and when I track the package it's still over an hour away from my city.

Gotthammer
03-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Sounds like an issue with UPS - if they shipped it and it's going the long way around there's not much they can do about it once it's out of their hands.

ScrutMaster
03-22-2011, 11:26 PM
True there is not much they can do but telling me "oh the shipping dates arent always accurate" doesn't make any sense. I don't see how you can interpret 3-6 day shipping any other way. The last order that I had mentioned in the email was a headache too. They sent me a conformation email saying my package was shipped on the 8th but when the delivery period was up and I still hadn't received my package i contacted them and they said it was still within the 3-5day shipping becuase it was shipped on the 14th. But the email they sent me told me it was shipped on the 8th.

Skragger
03-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Shipping is never, ever a precise art. 3-6 days is still an estimate at best. There could be delays from weather, nasty traffic accidents, delays processing the order from either the supplier or shipper. Don't forget its usually business days! So 3-6 business days almost always promises a weekend in there. Plus, usually there's a 24 business hour delay (at best) before your order gets done from the supplier.

So you order it on the 14th, sent to UPS on the 15th, which means, assuming that the 15th is a tuesday, you're looking between getting it Friday the 18th - Wed 23rd. Which is 6 business days.

Patience young padawan! Its like blaming a credit card company for a fraudulent charge on your card. If the person has your PIN, then the company can only assume its you who made the charge, your real beef is with the company that the charge came from

I work in customer service, and we get complaints like this all the time for stuff that isn't our fault. And we laugh about it :D

Skragger
03-23-2011, 09:35 AM
On that note, what the hell ever happened to 30 min or less for a pizza delivery?

Now its like.. 45 min to an hour.

Drew da Destroya
03-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Yeah, honestly dude, this makes you look like more of an *** than CCG Armory. They've really got no control over whether or not UPS manages to get their package to you, and 3-6 days is their best estimate. Plus, as Skragger points out, if shipping started on the 15th, with 2 non-business days, the 23rd would've been day 6.

Your beef is not with their customer service. From the evidence shown, their customer service rep was polite and helpful in trying to explain a situation that was out of his control. He even tracked down the UPS tracking app and got the exact date of delivery for you, which was an extra step he didn't have to take.

Your beef is with UPS not delivering something as quickly as you'd like. You can handle that one of two ways... either
A) Call up UPS and complain. They'll listen politely, take down your info, and probably won't do anything about it.
2) Relax, dude. You paid nothing for shipping, it got there at the extreme end of your estimated shipping time, and it wasn't something vital and perishable, like apples or a human heart.

Man, Skragger, I feel you on the pizza. I game at a friend's house weekly, and it took a while for the pizza guys to even figure out where the house was. It doesn't help that we're at the very end of a tiny private lane that most people don't even see as they drive past. Luckily, the guy that works their on Thursdays seems to have figured it out now, and we're down to about an hour!

ScrutMaster
03-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I'm not about to boycott they're store or anything. I was just frustrated that I've had problems with shipping from the very first order. The other order wasn't even sent by UPS, it was sent by USPS 3-5 priority mail and being told my order was shipped on the 8th but they didn't ship it till the 14th and then told me priority mail was the slowest shipping option.

I feel ya on the pizza delivery. I worked at Round Table for about a year and sometimes it happens. Either addresses are hard to find or traffic sucks, or there is a long list of orders. But usually the delivery times change based on how busy they are. At least they are supposed to from my experience.

Drew da Destroya
03-23-2011, 01:10 PM
I gotcha. That would definitely be an issue with CCG if they aren't shipping when they've told you it shipped. I think Forgeworld does that occasionally, but their shipping is notoriously sketchy.

Skragger
03-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Cross pond is always sketchy shipping. I had to wait a month for one of my FW shipments to arrive, apparently it got caught up in Germany somewhere - not sure why it went there first, kinda going the wrong way to get to Ontario, but it got here eventually, so I don't mind.

I did have some choice words about some unfortunate bubbles in the resin, but thats a story for another day!

Chemlab
01-24-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm having a hell of a time dealing with CCGArmory or CCG Armory- whatever they call themselves.

To give context, here is a portion of the report I filed to Paypal, IC3.gov and Attorney General of Maryland:

"I placed an order on the CCGArmory.com website on Jan 10, 2012 for a series of items. Order #99877

On Jan 19, 2012 I received a package with only one of the items I had ordered.

On Jan 22, 2012 I sent an email to CCGarmory asking about the other items. They are claiming that all items were in the box which was shipped to me.

There is a great deal of evidence which does not support their claim:

First, the tracking numbers: I was sent two invoices through email. The item I received has a tracking number on the invoice of 1Z14YV020390608293- this is a UPS number. However, every other item on the list had a tracking number of 9405510200830271124008- this is a US postal service number.

Second, the physical invoice which came with the package has the same numbers as above- one for the item I received and another for all the other items. Additionally, the items with the different tracking number had all been scratched out with pen- as if they were not to be included in the box which was sent to me.

Third, I have an email from the company telling me that the items would be shipped seperately. How can they say that the items were in the same box when in the email they state that the items would be shipped seperately?

I received a large brown cardboard box from UPS on Friday Jan 19, 2012 at about 4:00pm. The box was labelled as being sent from CCGArmory. Inside the box was only one of the items I had ordered."

The report goes on... suffice to say, CCG Armory is doing its best to make me look like a liar to Paypal. They are offering me a refund, but I purchased the items on sale- so there is little chance of me getting as good a deal elsewhere. Frankly, I feel that the deal was so good that they simply do not wish to fulfill the order. It's not a loss if they simply refund the money. So, in a malicious sense, it's a good business decision for them to NOT send me the models.

Regardless, in the strongest possible terms, I recommend avoiding CCG Armory. I just want them to ship the models I paid for- after that I will never do business with them again.

scadugenga
02-19-2012, 07:54 PM
CCG armory is a total scam.

I had to report them to the bbb and PayPal.

I was lied to repeatedly by the owner.

Caveat frickkin emptor.