PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels "Blood Talon"

AngelsofDeath
03-21-2011, 04:31 PM
In the BA Vehicle Equipment section it says that if a Dreadnought is wielding 2 Blood Talons that they will follow the same rules as lightning claws, and that for every unsaved wound caused with a blood talon in close combat, the Dreadnought immediatly makes an additional attack.

So the question is: Since Lightning Claws let you re-roll to wound will the "Additional attacks" also follow the Lightning claw rule? Or would that only apply to the first set of attacks?

I would think they would allow you to keep re-rolling the wounds as long as you are able to keep making attacks.

Encarmine
03-21-2011, 05:02 PM
yes you get to reroll failed wounds for all attacks

Wolfshade
03-23-2011, 03:00 AM
I forgot that :( my furiouso could have munched through even more gaunts if I'd have remembered

AngelsofDeath
03-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Yea I was doing it and another player said that he did not think you could keep rolling the wounds over and over again. Showed him that they were considered Lightning Claws and we accepted that is could. Just asked to post to make sure I did not overlook a FAQ or whatever.

It makes Blood Talons a must have in a BA army I think. And makes a Death Co dread even that much better with Fleet as well. This Dread has earned its points back twice over every time I have used it.

Culven
03-23-2011, 02:14 PM
The important thing to remember is that a model makes all of its attacks using the special rules of one weapon, unless something states otherwise. The Blood Talon rules only tell you to make additional attacks, and without anything restricting the additional attacks from making use of the Blood Talon rules, they will do so.

Archon Charybdis
03-23-2011, 03:21 PM
It sounds in the OP like you already recognized this but I think it's worth pointing out, since a lot of people seem to gloss right over it, but the exploding wounds rule only applies when a Dreadnought has two blood talons. If one happens to get destroyed, the exploding wounds go away.

AngelsofDeath
03-23-2011, 04:30 PM
It sounds in the OP like you already recognized this but I think it's worth pointing out, since a lot of people seem to gloss right over it, but the exploding wounds rule only applies when a Dreadnought has two blood talons. If one happens to get destroyed, the exploding wounds go away.

There is no reason not to take Blood Talons, 125 pts for a base Death Co Dread with them rocks. Not to mention the melta it comes with as well. Take a magna-grapple for 15 if ya have a few points to work with and your set.

Azrell
03-25-2011, 03:02 AM
There is no reason not to take another Blood Talon, 125 pts for a base Death Co Dread with them rocks. Not to mention the melta it comes with as well. Take a magna-grapple for 15 if ya have a few points to work with and your set.

They only come in a set of 2, what are you talking about? maybe your confused the magna grapple doesn't replace anything its an extra weapon.

AngelsofDeath
03-25-2011, 06:27 AM
They only come in a set of 2, what are you talking about? maybe your confused the magna grapple doesn't replace anything its an extra weapon.

Edited the first post "another" was not supoz to be in there