PDA

View Full Version : Skirmish/mid-sized battle 28mm Sci-Fi/Steam Punk (non-magic) game

sneakyben
03-21-2011, 08:19 AM
I am wondering what game systems out there fulfill the following parameters (other than Necromunda and 40k):

28mm scale

Skirmish/mid-sized battle

Sci-Fi or Steam Punk (i.e. non-magic)

Good quality plastic minis

wittdooley
03-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Good quality plastic minis

Here's your kicker: this relegates the # of games to zero.

Warmachine is probably what you're looking for, however, if you can forgo the plastic minis. I'm actually intrigued by the new SMOG game as well, as those minis are gorgeous.

Aldramelech
03-22-2011, 06:26 AM
FUBAR.

We've been playing them at the club over the last couple of months and they work well. As far as Im aware these rules are free and avalible to download on the web, you can use any figures you like and there are even add on's that let you convert 40k forces to use with them.

scadugenga
03-23-2011, 09:09 PM
FUBAR.

We've been playing them at the club over the last couple of months and they work well. As far as Im aware these rules are free and avalible to download on the web, you can use any figures you like and there are even add on's that let you convert 40k forces to use with them.

Beyond the obvious acronym...what is Fubar?

sneakyben
03-24-2011, 03:05 AM
after doing a google search, it looks like quite a cool set of rules

Aldramelech
03-24-2011, 03:47 AM
Beyond the obvious acronym...what is Fubar?

They are a free set of Ultra modern/Sci-fi rules that are can be downloaded here:

http://thegamesshed.wordpress.com/2010/06/17/fubar-one-page-sfmodern-rules/

They are elegant in their simplicity and fit on 1 page of A4, despite this they play extremely well and give a really good medium sized game.

Also there are a whole raft of supplements for them from 40k to Vietnam.

scadugenga
03-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Wow. You weren't kidding.

Tight and elegantly written.

Thanks for the link!