PDA

View Full Version : Custom Claw of Horus

ScrutMaster
03-19-2011, 05:37 PM
So I find myself looking at the Claw of Horus and thinking, those are not claws. Those are sausages not capable of scratching paper. There for I've begun making my own claw of horus using the chaos lord terminator lightning claw. But I am having trouble figuring out how to mount the TL Bolter on the hand. Should I try to put it on the side ie ( like the gauntlets of ultramar) or mount it on the top of the hand. Needless to say I've clipped two chaos bolt pistols down to the barrel and butt of the gun removing the hand an ammo clip. Maybe I should scratch build the TL bolter with plasticard?

Grailkeeper
03-19-2011, 06:00 PM
For what its worth its the Talon of horus, not the claw of horus.

I'd go with on top like the original

ScrutMaster
03-19-2011, 06:10 PM
yeah, just hard trying to find something small enough to make it look practical to go ontop.

plawolf
03-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Maybe consider waiting a few weeks till Grey Knights come out. After that it should be fairly easy to get your hands on some plastic wrist mounted stormbolters that you could snip off pretty easily and attach to your custom claw/talon.

ScrutMaster
03-19-2011, 06:22 PM
maybe, it's not something I NEED right now. I thought the GK troop kit was already available?

plawolf
03-19-2011, 06:55 PM
maybe, it's not something I NEED right now. I thought the GK troop kit was already available?

Well from what people have said the new kits should have a fair few spare bits, so it shouldn't be too hard to get a stormbolter arm pretty cheap on ebay or just trading with a GK player in your group.

A do not believe the kits are for sale till after April. If they were out now I would have some. ;)

Mr.Pickelz
03-19-2011, 08:28 PM
yea i'd have some too, if they were out now.

The Grey Knight Terminator box has SB's that aren't mounted on arms, Their seperate peices. and come with side clips to attach on to the bolters

Edit: the sprue pics are on GW's website. Correction, the power armor Storm bolters come with side clip the termys have boxes on em.

Lupercal
03-20-2011, 03:54 PM
I used an Imperial storm bolter mounted on the top of mine. Of course, it's on a loyal Horus so the Imperial bit doesn't seem out of place. It worked well though.