PDA

View Full Version : Shooting then Assaulting question

theirontower
03-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Quick question:

If I wipe a unit out in the Shooting phase am I clear to Assault a different target in the Assault phase, as my original Target no longer exists? Or do I have to stand there with my thumb in my bum for the Assault phase if I kill em Shooting?

Thank you!

Connjurus
03-19-2011, 11:28 AM
You just stand there. I don't like it much either, but it is what it is.

ArchonPhelps
03-19-2011, 01:24 PM
you do in fact have to stand there with your thumb in your bum for the Assault phase if you kill em Shooting.

Lemt
03-19-2011, 01:34 PM
you do in fact have to stand there with your thumb in your bum for the Assault phase if you kill em Shooting.

This is incorrect. You can place your thumb anywhere you want.

But yeah, you stand around.

blackarmchair
03-19-2011, 02:18 PM
This is incorrect. You can place your thumb anywhere you want.

This is incorrect. Some of the xeno races do not have thumbs, so they may place any appendage in any orifice they/their alien overlords desire

DarkLink
03-19-2011, 07:55 PM
But what if you don't have legs? Can you really be considered standing?

Tynskel
03-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Well, you'll get what you deserve for being alien scum. A heavy flamer scorching you!

Xenith
03-20-2011, 03:57 AM
Kroot have two thumbs.

And yes, the fact that your firepower wiped the enemy out to a man surprises your warriors, who suddenly have to rethink their battle plan as the duded they were going to beat up are all dead.

plawolf
03-20-2011, 06:39 AM
If a unit kills the enemy they wanted to assault in the shooting phase, their contract states they are entitled to a short break as reward. Its the only thing all the races and factions could ever agree on. Never underestimate the power of unions...

Tynskel
03-20-2011, 08:01 AM
i think it makes sense--- your men are busy shooting the unit.

Assault phase is another 'shooting phase'. You run in there guns blazin'. (which is why there are assault weapons, vs rapid fire weapons).