PDA

View Full Version : Codex: Adepta Sororitas by years end?

eldargal
03-19-2011, 06:44 AM
From Warseer:

There will be a Codex: Adeptus Sororitas by the end of this year.

I trust my source, and it was named that way. But given the timeframe, things can change.

I hope its true.

JxKxR
03-19-2011, 07:26 AM
I don't even play them and I hope it's true. It would be nice to actually see a SOB army with my own eyes.

Brass Scorpion
03-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Years ago when I first tried non-Gw forums after GW closed their own forums Warseer was the first one. I had no idea what I was in for as within days I was being "trolled" by someone extremely rude and despicably unpleasant. That person was the source of this rumor apparently and how he got to be a moderator or someone that would have "sources" I can't imagine. I quickly dropped out of the Warseer forum.

Anyway, as soon as I see that name my interest goes to zero and I attach no credibility to it. Once I saw him berate another forum user for saying something was being released soon. He was rude to the person, belittling their rumor info and saying that GW doesn't plan their releases that far ahead of time so how could the other user know that far ahead of time. That was the same year the release list for an entire year had ALREADY been leaked out, proving him entirely wrong. In other words, he's not only rude, he's stupid. When I pointed out his rudeness and incorrectness he backed off for a while, but it didn't last and neither did my participation in Warseer. What an a*&h*@#.

eldargal
03-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Quite, Warseer can be like that and Darnok has annoyed me before by giving me warnings for very minor infringements of the rules.

But he isn't the only one who has said SoB are due soon, and while we did hear they were delayed we didn't hear for how long. So I wouldn't say its a non-credible rumour.

JxKxR
03-19-2011, 08:18 AM
When were SoB due before they got pushed back?

eldargal
03-19-2011, 08:24 AM
From what I recall, July was considered a possible date.

DadExtraordinaire
03-19-2011, 08:25 AM
When were SoB due before they got pushed back?

Irrespective of the fool darnock, I posted some possible release dates on this forum a while back, for the SoB. I can't recall which topic tho' sorry.

Brass Scorpion
03-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Quite, Warseer can be like that and Darnok has annoyed me before by giving me warnings for very minor infringements of the rules. But he isn't the only one who has said SoB are due soon, and while we did hear they were delayed we didn't hear for how long. So I wouldn't say its a non-credible rumour. Unfortunately, organizations often "tame" problem people by bringing them into the fold, creating problems for everyone else. It's why "wild west" towns sometimes hired criminals as policemen, the old fight fire with fire philosophy.

Anyway, if you and some of the other pleasant folks here have heard this from places other than he-who-shall-not-be-named, that makes it a little more interesting and credible.

The fact that many of the Witch Hunters items were pulled around the same time over a year ago as the Daemonhunters is clearly an indicator that work is being done and GW wouldn't like to have stuff off-line for too long as they're making no money off the range while it is unavailable as an easily playable army, so that also adds some weight to the rumor. I can also add that SoB seems much more plausible as a near-term release than Tau for reasons I probably shouldn't go into here, but when I factor that in as well then SoB doesn't seem any less plausible than say, Necrons, which are done though as yet unreleased.

JxKxR
03-19-2011, 08:47 AM
I can also add that SoB seems much more plausible as a near-term release than Tau for reasons I probably shouldn't go into here, but when I factor that in as well then SoB doesn't seem any less plausible than say, Necrons, which are done though as yet unreleased.

I wouldn't mind hearing the reasons why.

Mr.Pickelz
03-19-2011, 09:42 AM
"I hope it's true"

"Hope is the first step down the road to disappointment." :cool:

but in all seriousness, i would like to see an SOB army come out this year.

Wildeybeast
03-19-2011, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't mind hearing the reasons why.

Ditto. There seems to be conflicting rumours the Tau, SoB and Necrons are all going to be released this year. We know they are all being worked on and are all well overdue a new codex, but which one is actually going to be released? Whilst in theory they could fit them all in this year, with Warhammer army books and 2nd waves, it seems most unlikely we would get more than 2. I know this is the RUMOURS section, but does anyone have anything a bit more concrete on this?

Dalleron
03-19-2011, 10:15 AM
While my SoB convent would like a new codex, I sure hope the accompanying models aren't awesome enough that I have to buy them.

HsojVvad
03-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Well this came out of no where now eh? First it was said, that Sisters are just getting started on, and now they are going to be released this year? I don't even think we will have 3 releases this year. Just the Grey Knights and either Necrons or Tau in late summer or Fall.

Then again, didn't Eldar Gal give us a rumour about Sisters being released for sixth edtion boxset? So my guess it will either be released just before or after the boxset to get the people interested and hyped for the sister release.

I just think it's GW giving out BS to thier "anomynous sources" just to confuse us internet folks. My guess this is GW way of getting free publicity.

isotope99
03-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Well my super secret special sauces tell me that GW's new policy is that all 40k releases should follow on alphabetically from each other, so:

Space Wolves
Tyranids
Blood Angels
Dark Eldar
Grey Knights
Necrons
Sisters
Tau
Black Templars
Chaos Marines
Dark Angels
Eldar

is the release schedule.

This is absolutely, 100%, completely, incontrivertibly, totally, utterly confirmed times a million with a cherry on top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homer Simpson: "In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic."

Connjurus
03-19-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't know why people find this hard to believe - Games-Workshop is really cranking out the codexes this year for both games.

DarkLink
03-19-2011, 11:54 AM
And people's traditional response to stuff like this was "yeah, sure, when the new DE codex comes out". Well guess what, suckers:D!

Years ago when I first tried non-Gw forums after GW closed their own forums Warseer was the first one. I had no idea what I was in for as within days I was being "trolled" by someone extremely rude and despicably unpleasant. That person was the source of this rumor apparently and how he got to be a moderator or someone that would have "sources" I can't imagine. I quickly dropped out of the Warseer forum.

Literally the only thing warseer is good for is rumors.

Have you seen how often the mods take action on random stuff? It seems like virtually every other thread there's a couple mod warnings about posts deleted and stay on topic and stuff. Then eventually the thread will be randomly closed, rarely for an obvious reason.

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
03-19-2011, 12:24 PM
With the subject of GW and new releases, I put it up there with aliens and ghosts.

I'll believe it when I see it

that is all for today- peace

GrenAcid
03-19-2011, 01:33 PM
"Hope its true"

I hope for Ward to stay away from it, hope it will be balanced and fun to play with, not another power weapon. Sooner or later all dex will be updated, Ive waited 8 or so years for DE-- patience is key.

BTW.....whats wrong with "Witch Hunters" why it has to be C:SoB, thats shift in direction I dont like.

MadCowCrazy
03-19-2011, 02:12 PM
I dont think we will see more than one more codex release this year, there simply isn't time for it.

April : GK
May : Tomb Kings
June : Dark Eldar 2nd Wave
July : Fantasy or LotR
August : Summer of Fliers
September : Fantasy or LotR
October : Necrons ?
November : Fantasy or LotR
December : Nothing as usual

Do believe Necrons and Sisters of Battle will be pretty close to eachother though. My reasons for believe this are :
James Swallow is writing a book that was scheduled for September, it has now been pushed back to December to "incorporate some stuff in development by GW". The book is about the Sisters of Battles return to Sanctuary 101 where the imperium had it's first encounter with the Necrons.
So if we have a Necron release in October/November and this book in December it could spark some interest for the Sisters of Battle and Necrons as Sisters are rumoured to be the first codex next year. 6E is also rumoured for next year and if they wanted to be a bit more origional with the starter set they could put Sisters of Battle vs Necrons and call it The Purging of Sanctuary 101 or something like that.
It has been said that the new starter set will not include SM, IG or Xenos. This could mean Sisters of Battle vs Necrons (but also Daemons and Chaos Space Marines). Some might say Necrons are xenos and it's true, but they could also be classified as sentient machines. They are machines rather than living creatures so I can totally see this possibility happening.

I dont think they would call the codex Adepta Sororitas, that would mean the first book was Codex : Sisters of Battle, 2nd Codex : Witch Hunters and then Codex : Adepta Sororitas. It all depends on what they want to incorporate though, then again codex Grey Knights is more of a combined codex WH/DH without the sisters or ecclesiarchy.

musical-fool
03-19-2011, 02:39 PM
There's a thought. The rumour that 6th ed. will be out "before the end of the next Olympics" (or something along those lines) it would be interesting to see if GW are cranking the codices out so that every one of them will start more/or less on a par.

Would be a really good new mindset for GW to go with, IMHO.

thecactusman17
03-19-2011, 05:00 PM
I like this. I like it a lot. However, I have trouble believing it because of the types of forces involved being so opposite of the normal options. Unless there is a major redesigning of the SoB or Necrons, they will both be incredibly powerful mid-range shooting armies with minimal mobility, close combat potential, or even long range firepower.

Both will be very survivable (sisters with their 3+ and Necrons with their 3+ and FNP/WBB or whatever else they are given).

Unless the sisters side sacrificed regular Nuns for some sort of horde rabble unit or a penitant engine...

eldargal
03-19-2011, 05:26 PM
The rumours that SoB are being worked on go bck twelve months or so, there were even rumours that they may have been ready in time to compete with Dark Eldar and Grey Knights for the November 2010 release spot. Obviously this wasn't the case. In fact a few months ago we heard from a reliable source that SoB were being worked on while Tau had only just started being looked at, now we have people speulating we mihgt see Tau this year too.

Fact is though we don't know which weill be released. Necrons seem a fairly safe bet, then its either Tau or SoB. My money is on SoB as we have been having more rumours about them over a longer period of time.

Re the author, Ward just finished C:GK, if SoB are going to be released later this year it would seem to indicate a different author. I'm hoping for Phil Kelly personally.

The rumour about SoB being in the starter set was more speculation baed on rumour. Still hope its true mind, but my money is on SM and Eldar.

musical-fool
03-19-2011, 05:36 PM
I agree that the most likely options for the Starter set would be SM and Eldar as from what I gather the eldar are always put to one of the last codices to be next updated, newly editioned, etc.

It is too far out to start anything more that speculate on the fact that we may even be getting a new starter box in the next 12 months (plus this is the wrong thread for that :) )

It would be good to see the SoBs with very detailed gothic-baroque styled armour (remember the rumours a few months back of someone seeing the mock-ups) but there is still the problem of plastic+detail compared to resin+detail. Having said that the recent releases have in my opinion, been more intricate and detailed than previous releases.

I am really looking forward to see just how detailed these will be!

HsojVvad
03-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Well my super secret special sauces tell me that GW's new policy is that all 40k releases should follow on alphabetically from each other, so:

Space Wolves
Tyranids
Blood Angels
Dark Eldar
Grey Knights
Necrons
Sisters
Tau
Black Templars
Chaos Marines
Dark Angels
Eldar

is the release schedule.

This is absolutely, 100%, completely, incontrivertibly, totally, utterly confirmed times a million with a cherry on top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know this almost fallows the SM, non SM, SM release. Well we can say its Imperial, Xeno, Imperial, Xeno release. :p

And people's traditional response to stuff like this was "yeah, sure, when the new DE codex comes out". Well guess what, suckers:D!

You have to be fair. It was almost what, 12 years, and promises were made that DE would have been released earlier. I think we all swore the 2nd coming of Christ was going to come before the DE were released. :p.

Fact is though we don't know which weill be released. Necrons seem a fairly safe bet, then its either Tau or SoB. My money is on SoB as we have been having more rumours about them over a longer period of time.

I can't see this because it breaks the SM, Non Space Marine release, but then again, DE is finally released so anything is possible. :eek: Still I don't see Necron, and then Tau being released, I don't think GW can afford not having SM stuff being sold, but maybe, we can see a Necron, Sisters release, since my guess, is alot of GK could buy the minis for thier army for what ever inquisitors they might sell for it.

I guess it all comes down to if GW wants to release BK or DA since they are the only SM release now, so eventually GW will have to break the SM, non SM release patteren.

DarkLink
03-19-2011, 07:54 PM
I've only played for 5 years or so, but I never actually heard GW themselves talking about DE until they actually came out with the DE. For all the complaining about how "GW always talks about it but never actually updates the codex", GW never actually made any promises.

It might have been different before I started playing, but that's what it's been like lately. GW, and most of our reliable rumor sources, were silent on DE until DE were ready to come out.

fuzzbuket
03-20-2011, 03:05 AM
i hope that you can take IST's in squads :(

eldargal
03-20-2011, 03:09 AM
We have had rumours painting this as a pure SoB/Ecclesiarchy codex, and this is borne out by the presence of the Witch hunter SCs in the GK codex. Obviously we don't know for sure, but its quite possible that there will be no ISTs or Inquisitorial forces at all in C:Adepta Sororitas.

The irony was the rumours about a new DE codex c2006 were right, that is when GW started working on it, its just that they took their time to do it properly. I still remember people on Warseer and the main BoLS page saying they knew for sure that GW were planning to 'squat' the DE, right up till GDUK even after the price list was leaked to Scryer. Most amusing.

Daemonette666
03-20-2011, 03:56 AM
I dont think we will see more than one more codex release this year, there simply isn't time for it.

April : GK
May : Tomb Kings
June : Dark Eldar 2nd Wave
July : Fantasy or LotR
August : Summer of Fliers
September : Fantasy or LotR
October : Necrons ?
November : Fantasy or LotR
December : Nothing as usual

Do believe Necrons and Sisters of Battle will be pretty close to eachother though. My reasons for believe this are :
James Swallow is writing a book that was scheduled for September, it has now been pushed back to December to "incorporate some stuff in development by GW". The book is about the Sisters of Battles return to Sanctuary 101 where the imperium had it's first encounter with the Necrons.
So if we have a Necron release in October/November and this book in December it could spark some interest for the Sisters of Battle and Necrons as Sisters are rumoured to be the first codex next year. 6E is also rumoured for next year and if they wanted to be a bit more origional with the starter set they could put Sisters of Battle vs Necrons and call it The Purging of Sanctuary 101 or something like that.
It has been said that the new starter set will not include SM, IG or Xenos. This could mean Sisters of Battle vs Necrons (but also Daemons and Chaos Space Marines). Some might say Necrons are xenos and it's true, but they could also be classified as sentient machines. They are machines rather than living creatures so I can totally see this possibility happening.

I dont think they would call the codex Adepta Sororitas, that would mean the first book was Codex : Sisters of Battle, 2nd Codex : Witch Hunters and then Codex : Adepta Sororitas. It all depends on what they want to incorporate though, then again codex Grey Knights is more of a combined codex WH/DH without the sisters or ecclesiarchy.
I agree with you on thaqt one, we will only get 2 more codexes this year.

If they release the 6th edition of 40K next year, by the time the Olympic games is on then I think Tau and sisters will be the 2 armies in the release box set.

After the boxed set I would think the following Codexes (yes I said codexes It is also the plural of Codex refer link ( http://oxforddictionaries.com/view/entry/m_en_gb0160020#m_en_gb0160020 ) will be released: Black Tempalars, Eldar, Dark Angels and finally Chaos Space Marnies.

With an average of 3 codexes per year, and a special release of the new 40K box set, that would make it the end of 2013 before the last of the non 5th edition codexes is released. We will see a 2nd release of possibly Grey Knights and who knows which of the other codexes will be popular enough to warrant a 2nd miniature release. Black Templars and Dark Angels as they Angels are both Space Marine Armies, and GW loves to make new really cool miniatures fort them. I think there is also a 2nd release due for the Tyranids. Eldar, Tau and maybe even Chaos will all have a 2nd miniature release, as they will need a complete redesign, and some current metals miniatures would be very popular if they were made in plastic.

The 6th edition 40K might be alright, but I think they will nerf the codexes down again to reflect their ever changing attitudes based on gamer feedback about the current 5th editon codexes being Broken and over powered, especially the Imperial ones. This might cause gamers to want to pull their hair out and scream because their favourite codex does not get codex creeped like the 5th editons have been.

I had a tournament today, and excusing the "beyond a joke" below average dice rolling to hit, wound and save, I could not counter some of the tactics of some of my opponents who had Blood Angels & Space Wolves. They got in too CC too quick, had too many abilities, better armour, invul saves, ICs, cheaper cost for their abilities and stats. I modified my rough plan to suit, but my opponents were able to counter by being able to move quicker, and avoid the damage I sent their way by having 3+ or 4+ invuls, and lots of 2+ armour saves, and so many power weapons, or AP 2 weapons, with so many shots. I had to just laugh and try to keep my cool as I failed to save 3 wounds on my obliterators to bolter fire from from 4 wounds.

I am getting side tracked here, but I do think we will not finish upgrading the pre - 5th edition codexes until 2013.

eldargal
03-20-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm not sure I agree, people were putting out similar arguments for why we wouldn't see DE released last year, not enough room after the other army books/codices, Spearhead and 8th edition WFB. We still got them all. Also if Necrons have been delayed as some people have suggested, we may see SoB taking their place for this years remaining spot, if there is only one more spot.
Or, as someone suggested on Warseer, we may just see a December pre-order for Sisters with the actual release in January.

MadCowCrazy
03-20-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm not sure I agree, people were putting out similar arguments for why we wouldn't see DE released last year, not enough room after the other army books/codices, Spearhead and 8th edition WFB. We still got them all. Also if Necrons have been delayed as some people have suggested, we may see SoB taking their place for this years remaining spot, if there is only one more spot.
Or, as someone suggested on Warseer, we may just see a December pre-order for Sisters with the actual release in January.

If you look at my list, where would you squeeze in another codex this year? There are very few slots left and one of those might be a GK second release but then again the only thing left for the GKs are henchmen and the odd SC. I dont think they will redo the henchmen into plastic, it would be awesome but I can't see them doing it.

A December pre-order for Jan doesn't count for a this year release. From all the rumours I've seen and compiled I would say that Sisters will most likely be the first codex next year, first quarter guaranteed.
As for this year there just aren't enough slots left. Unless they have the rumoured Fantasy Apocalypse and Summer of Fliers in the same month but that's just not going to happen.

lattd
03-20-2011, 08:24 AM
simple release a codex and second wave at the same time we have it with dark eldar and orcs so why cant they do it agian.

newtoncain
03-20-2011, 09:00 AM
SOB rumer I heard last week = White Dwarf update to fix the current codex for:mad: 5th edition.

MadCowCrazy
03-20-2011, 11:47 AM
SOB rumer I heard last week = White Dwarf update to fix the current codex for:mad: 5th edition.

Dont remember which one but one of the podcasts has been saying this for about a year now, that the WH codex would get a WD update shortly after the release of the Grey Knights. If this is true or not who knows, if they do get a WD update that could be bad news as why waste the time if they are to release a new codex in a year? We all know GW dont just waste time on updates when you can wait 5+ years and do a new codex...

Unzuul the Lascivious
03-20-2011, 01:08 PM
If this is true then I am totally annoyed, as my Sisters of Battle have 1 hour left on eBay...Grrrr....

DarkLink
03-20-2011, 02:57 PM
I've never heard any actual, reliable, sources say anything about pdfs. And considering that we have actual, reliable sources that are talking about things we'd normally associate with a full-on release with an actual codex, I'd put no stock in those rumors.

Kawauso
03-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I don't buy it.

Especially since it would seem completely insane since the current Sisters 'dex is a PDF anyway. And while they're not as bad off as some older books (Necrons) and can perform well, the army still needs an update pretty badly.

HsojVvad
03-20-2011, 06:15 PM
After the boxed set I would think the following Codexes (yes I said codexes It is also the plural of Codex refer link ( http://oxforddictionaries.com/view/entry/m_en_gb0160020#m_en_gb0160020 ) will be released: Black Tempalars, Eldar, Dark Angels and finally Chaos Space Marnies.

Well if you actaully read what you posted in the link, it also says codices as well. Codices was listed first, so that should be the most common one. :p

eldargal
03-20-2011, 06:39 PM
All the reliable rumourmongers have been saying its going to be a proper codex, on top of that GW said they will never be doing WD/pdf codices ever again as they were not well received.

Codices is correct, codexes is just a nod to modern abuse of the language.

This is GWs release schedule that we know of:

April: GK
May: TK
June: ?? (Dark Eldar wave almost certain, perhaps WD Summer of Flyers as well)
July: ??
August: ??
September: ??
October: ??
November: ??
December: ??

Point is, GW can release whatever they want, the summer of flyers is a simple WD release perhaps in June. There are already rumours that the WFB expansion is being delayed till next year as well. If GW want to release SoB this year they can find a spot.

daboarder
03-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Im always sceptical when GW says they are never going to do something again.

They told us they wouldn't do a pdf dex after the BA one but then they did Warriors of chaos and arguably the DH and WH pdf's. They also say they will never update a codex with new units in white dwarf but eldar have the Night spinner, same thing with rules supplements in spearhead and soon summer of fliers. Its far less frequent than it used to be but it does still happen.

eldargal
03-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Not arguably DH and WH, they were old codices put up in pdf format because stocks of the books were running out and it wasn't worth another print run. In my opinion that is where the pdf rumours are coming from, peopel are looking at that and thinking 'they aren't selling, GW aren't going to print the codex. Well they have already done a new GK codex, so they will do an SoB codex. End of story.

Releasing new units in WD is hardly comparable to entire army lists, and its a damned good thing. Makes WD worth buying. Personally I am mroe skeptical when people take something that is rare an unusual, like pdf codices, and start using them as a precedent. Fact is compared to all the rumours we have of a printed codex, the pdf stuff is mere speculation. Not to mention the original rumour had both GK and SoB as pdf codoces, and that has been proven wrong.

daboarder
03-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Oh I'm not disagreeing I think SOB are likely to get a full codex, I think DE and now GK have shown GW that if they support these "niche" armies well they get a corresponding return on their investment.

As for the rules in white dwarf personally I think a rules update every so often would be a great way of refreshing an old codex, I merely pointed out that new units is one thing GW firmly state will never happen again in WD and this is a principle they have apparently stood by since the release of deathwatch rules and ahrimans key thing a few months after 4th nids, at least until the night spinner so that statement as well is false.

DarkLink
03-20-2011, 08:14 PM
If they release some new units for the Eldar in wd, then they might just do the same for other armies too.

Necron2.0
03-20-2011, 11:00 PM
i hope that you can take IST's in squads :(

Me too, as my Order of the Emperor's Divine Fury build relies on taking storm troopers as the one and only troop choice. The fluff of the order is that there aren't any Sister units in it that aren't faithful. Now, if they add a leader type that makes either Celestians or Seraphim troop choices, it's all good.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
03-21-2011, 03:03 AM
Well im looking forward to see what codex IS next after GK's.
If we go by all the rumors, well it has to be Necons or SoB. As i seriously doubt Tau with there current codex are this year at all. There too new and we are looking at two 3rd ed codex's that are needing some love.

Im not seeing that IST are going to be in the new codex, Arbites maybe.

Daemonette666
03-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Well if you actaully read what you posted in the link, it also says codices as well. Codices was listed first, so that should be the most common one. :p
Well if you read my post, and actually took the time to READ it, I said Codexes is also the plural of Codex. "Also" infers that codices has to be a plural form of codex as well. Whether it is mentioned first, or you want everyone to use it instead of codexes, I could not care less.

What I care about is the people who whinge about the use of codexes as a plural form of codex, and try to get everyone to stop using it. Another group who annoy me is the english grammar teachers who want to be proof readers picking out everyones spelling or typing mistakes. As long as everybody understands what you meant, having a couple of letters transposed, should not ruin what the person was trying to say.

I still stick with my statement that Codexes is a valid plural of codex, Codices is also a valid plural of codex, and so both can be used freely on this site. :p

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
03-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Agreed, its supposed to be an enjoyable forum, if i wanted to have someone correct everyone's spelling mistakes, or grammar, well i would attend school again, and i'm long past that.

We don't need nitpickers on this forum to auto-correct everything, if you understand what i'm saying that's all that counts.
Back on track though, i am sure Codex SoB will be out this year, i have been saving all my coins for that moment for over a year now. And have well enough to buy several box sets of new goodies. So here is to a new codex, and lots of units that are new, innovative and competitive to current 5th ed codex releases.

MadCowCrazy
03-21-2011, 10:12 AM
So here is to a new codex, and lots of units that are new, innovative and competitive to current 5th ed codex releases and outdated as soon as 6th ed comes around...

Fixed that for you :D

I dont think we will see SoB this year but within a year from now for sure, I get all giggly inside just thinking about it (or maybe that's just the stomach virus acting up again...). I really hope they do something cool with acts of faith.

SandWyrm
03-21-2011, 08:53 PM
I guess it all comes down to if GW wants to release BK or DA since they are the only SM release now, so eventually GW will have to break the SM, non SM release patteren.

Ha! You're assuming they won't just update the Ultramarines again.

SandWyrm
03-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I don't buy it.

Especially since it would seem completely insane since the current Sisters 'dex is a PDF anyway. And while they're not as bad off as some older books (Necrons) and can perform well, the army still needs an update pretty badly.

They may be a mono-build right now, but it's one heck of a competitive mono-build. The Sisters players I know would be very happy just getting everything re-costed to match the vehicle/equipment costs of the other Marine codices. There's no pressing need to re-imagine them when Eldar are almost a mono-build these days and not nearly as competitive as Sisters still are.

Lockark
03-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Me too, as my Order of the Emperor's Divine Fury build relies on taking storm troopers as the one and only troop choice. The fluff of the order is that there aren't any Sister units in it that aren't faithful. Now, if they add a leader type that makes either Celestians or Seraphim troop choices, it's all good.

I just read the greyknight book the other day. I would not be surprised if sister got something akin to the henchmen squads, except more church-y then inquisition-y.

HsojVvad
03-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Ha! You're assuming they won't just update the Ultramarines again.

That is true, but I thought they would save the Ultramarines for 6th edtion release. I guess GW could do that, but that would piss off alot of people then. Then agian, GW does alot of things that pisses of alot of people so I guess it wouldn't make a different.

I don't think that will happen though, GW wants more SM sold when 6th comes out not before, sort of counter productive, unless they split it up in half. Ultramarines in one codex, and then Dark Angels and other chapters in the other codex.

Daemonette666
03-22-2011, 07:03 AM
What I do not get is why they gave Grey Knights a named hereticus and Xenos inquisitors! Perhaps they will give Sisters of Battle a named Xenos and malleus inquisitors to even the score, Someone they can use who can boost thier unit abilities or change an elite choice in to a troop choice. Preferred enemy Daemon would be good for them.

Giving sisters bolter, bolt pistol, and frag grenades as basic equipment would be good. So would the introduction of Lascannons and Plasma weapons for their squads of battle sisters, Retriburors and Dominions. Imagine a squad of retributors with 4 Plasma cannons or 4 Lascannons., or a combinatoin of the 2.

Imagifers could be made a little cheaper, as they are expensive for unit upgrade that allows that unit to roll extra dice for faith tests once per turn.

A new tank to supliment the Exorcist, would be nice. Something akin to a vindicator. Surely sisters would have petitioned for a similar vehicle to be issued to them for urban warefare to destroy heretic buildings.

I have always imagined sisters of battleto somewhere in between imperial guard, and space marines when it comes to their equipment, and tactics and general army strengths and weaknesses. They are a shooty army, but not as shooty as IG, more so than Spacemarines. They are as weak aas IG Str and Tgh 3, but have power armour. They have rhinos, but can take stormtroopers in chimeras, and have tanks and IFVs in the form of Immolators and Exorcists.

Sister armies lack the mobility of spacemarine armies, and the artillery of IG. They need something to bring their survivability up, and kill of a couple of enemy tanks or get into combat quicker. Storm ravens or even land speeders would fix this problem.

Seraphim are not too bad, considering their low srtength and toughness, but storm shields, furious charge, and even powerfists would enhance their close combat abilities enough to keep them up there with the rest - even for a turn or 2 longer.

The army could be filled out with storm troopers as they are cheaper, and can be emploiyed to hold the line (objective). Maybe they could get the stubborn USR. An inquisitor with a psychic hood who can cancel out psychic abilities that have been cast. Finally Units of Sisters could have sisters Hospitilier attached to units to give them Feel no Pain USR.

These are just ideas how they could be improved to get them in line with the current trend of codex creep in 5th edition where close assault bonuses are enhanced, new equipment introduced, special characters change units to scoring (troops) for objective games, provide bonus rules, and then they get awesome rules to make them deadly to a particular type of enemy. These are in no way rumours, and should not be taken as such.

People might find some of the ideas i have suggested to be outside the Fluff/ background for a sisters army, but as with every army we have seen in 5th edition theyhave evolved beyond their original fluff they had when they were first introduced.

MadCowCrazy
03-22-2011, 07:37 AM
What I do not get is why they gave Grey Knights a named hereticus and Xenos inquisitors! Perhaps they will give Sisters of Battle a named Xenos and malleus inquisitors to even the score, Someone they can use who can boost thier unit abilities or change an elite choice in to a troop choice. Preferred enemy Daemon would be good for them.

Giving sisters bolter, bolt pistol, and frag grenades as basic equipment would be good. So would the introduction of Lascannons and Plasma weapons for their squads of battle sisters, Retriburors and Dominions. Imagine a squad of retributors with 4 Plasma cannons or 4 Lascannons., or a combinatoin of the 2.

A Battle Sister costs 10pt, they are not meant for CC so a bolt pistol would be a waste of extra points added onto them. If anything they should get Sarissas on all their bolters instead. Frag grenades are needed for units that you want to assault with, Battle Sisters have no use what so ever of this because if you get into CC you are pretty much dead. For Celestians and Seraphim I can see it though.
Defensive grenades for regular Battle Sisters I could agree with.

Lascannons and plasma weapons is a horrible idea (imo) for Sisters of Battle. They have always been a 12-24" army and never relied on plasma or lascannon weapons. Combi-plasma is the only exception to this rule. If anything they should get Assault cannons and/or Auto cannons.

Short ranged combat is what the Battle Sisters are known for since it has been their only choice. If anything you should give them all blessed flamers that fire like the hellhound but instead of 12" in front of you it's based on the models BS and the act of faith divine guidance. So a normal sister could place the flame template up to 4" infront of her and then turn it any way she likes or 8" if the Divine Guidance was active.
This would help solve allot of the sisters problems. Heck an Act of Faith that increased the range of a weapon could also work.

Giving Sisters lascannons and plasma I do not agree with though.

eldargal
03-22-2011, 08:19 AM
I think its more likely that C:GK is intended as the de-factor Inquisition codex, while C:Adepta Sororitas will be SoB with a bit of Ecclesiarchy and very limited Inquisitorian presence, if any.

Kawauso
03-22-2011, 11:49 AM
A Battle Sister costs 10pt, they are not meant for CC so a bolt pistol would be a waste of extra points added onto them. If anything they should get Sarissas on all their bolters instead. Frag grenades are needed for units that you want to assault with, Battle Sisters have no use what so ever of this because if you get into CC you are pretty much dead. For Celestians and Seraphim I can see it though.
Defensive grenades for regular Battle Sisters I could agree with.

I don't know.

CC isn't what Sisters are 'meant' for by any means, but they're no slouches in combat.
They can use Acts of Faith to get invulnerable saves or re-rolls or strength boosts, and their 'sergeant' can be equipped with a chainfist. Squads generally have an assault weapon like a flamer or melta as well. And given that almost everyone hits in CC on a 4+, it's not like they're worse off than many other armies. Yes, they're only S3, but so are Eldar, and they have very dedicated CC units that work just fine (with support, I know; consider Acts of Faith the 'support' the Sisters can get, for the sake of this argument). Their leadership is good, too, and they've got power armour. To top it all off, their squads can be larger as well, so the casualties they take while moving around and in the assault phase don't hurt them as much as other armies (granted there will probably be more of them averaged out due to T3).

I really don't see why Sisters shouldn't get bolt pistols/grenades just to make them a little more versatile. It would make assaulting with them something to consider as a tactical option - not in the same way as assaulting with, say, Vanguard Veterans, which is a no-brainer, but more along the lines of Tactical Squads (when you're looking to clear a weakened unit off an objective after shooting or tie up a unit for a while while the Sister Superior hacks models apart with an eviscerator.

A tiny bit of added flexibility like that (which honestly I don't think should cost the sisters much; how much point value do you suppose they're really gaining with a pistol + grenades?) seems like something the current Sisters need, since compared to 5th books they're pretty stale and static right now.

MadCowCrazy
03-22-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't know.

CC isn't what Sisters are 'meant' for by any means, but they're no slouches in combat.
They can use Acts of Faith to get invulnerable saves or re-rolls or strength boosts, and their 'sergeant' can be equipped with a chainfist. Squads generally have an assault weapon like a flamer or melta as well. And given that almost everyone hits in CC on a 4+, it's not like they're worse off than many other armies. Yes, they're only S3, but so are Eldar, and they have very dedicated CC units that work just fine (with support, I know; consider Acts of Faith the 'support' the Sisters can get, for the sake of this argument). Their leadership is good, too, and they've got power armour. To top it all off, their squads can be larger as well, so the casualties they take while moving around and in the assault phase don't hurt them as much as other armies (granted there will probably be more of them averaged out due to T3).

I really don't see why Sisters shouldn't get bolt pistols/grenades just to make them a little more versatile. It would make assaulting with them something to consider as a tactical option - not in the same way as assaulting with, say, Vanguard Veterans, which is a no-brainer, but more along the lines of Tactical Squads (when you're looking to clear a weakened unit off an objective after shooting or tie up a unit for a while while the Sister Superior hacks models apart with an eviscerator.

A tiny bit of added flexibility like that (which honestly I don't think should cost the sisters much; how much point value do you suppose they're really gaining with a pistol + grenades?) seems like something the current Sisters need, since compared to 5th books they're pretty stale and static right now.

The inv save AoF is only viable for small squads as you have to roll higher than the number of members in your squad. So for Battle Sisters who are 10 models strong at the start can't use it, it's only viable if you have a HQ with the scroll that gives you a free AoF. That AoF is meant for Seraphim or the lone Canoness and those units already come with frag (except Canoness who has to buy it for 1pt).

As you will want to use the +2S AoF you will strike at I1 any ways so frag grenades serve no purpose there.
If I had to chose between at 10pt Sister and a 11pt one with Frag I would take the 10pt one every single time because you will not be assaulting with them and if they end up assaulting or assaulted you will want to use Hand of the Emperor for +2S any ways to be able to do anything. With I3 you will go last most of the time as well unless you use the +2I AoF but then you will be wounding on 5+ and it doesn't affect Eviscerators.

wittdooley
03-22-2011, 01:51 PM
I think its more likely that C:GK is intended as the de-factor Inquisition codex, while C:Adepta Sororitas will be SoB with a bit of Ecclesiarchy and very limited Inquisitorian presence, if any.

See, this is where at. I think it would be really nice to see the different branches of the Adepta Sororitas, too, including the different orders. The hospitaliers have obvious purpose. Further, I think it would be neat to see the Frateris Militia as an option in some aspect as well. They fall under the Ecclisiarchy and make a lot of sense as a way to increase the numbers within a Sisters army.

As for the inquisitors... Doesn't it really only make sense to have a member of the Ordo Hereticus in a sisters army?

And, if this Codex comes to pass, I sincerely hope that null maidens play a HUGE role. How sweet would that be if, like Sanguinary Priests, you could buy up to 3 as a single elite choice and then move them about within squads to neutralize psychic powers?

MadCowCrazy
03-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Stickmonkey reported about a year ago that codex Grey Knights would be GK and Inquisition and codex Sisters of Battle would be the Sisters and Ecclesiarchy. So far he has been correct.

Necron2.0
03-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Regarding Witch Hunter units showing up in the Grey Knights codex, I'm actually expecting to see these same units duplicated in the SoB codex, much like Harlequinns now reside in both Eldar codices(-exes, -ii, -e-i, -e-i, -o).

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
03-22-2011, 07:45 PM
I absolutely hate the idea of Frateris Militia (or commenly known as Meat Shields). They are weak, wasted points, and a waste of codex space that could be better used for something worthwhile.
Yes there cheap, yes they have good numbers but what else is good about them?

Compare this, a 30 strong meat shield versus Lilith.
She would gain around +6 attacks, go first and most likely kill off 10 or more per turn, not including them breaking from Moral and her wiping out everyone of them in a blood crazed rout.
I hate these little buggers, i was so glad GW dropped them from the 3rd edition. And i would be seriously dissappointed if they brought them back, while other new codex's get upgraded, tougher and more useful units to play with.
Don't fill a new codex with crap.

As for Lascannon/Plasma cannon, are we really trying to turn them into Female SM's?? Now i see how SoB lack firepower of these weapons, but adding Vindicators too.Why not just give them storm shields, relic blades, and dreadnoughts next too.
I like the way they are, just upgrade the Excorsist Strength, or give it options to take anti-tank missiles thats all.
Sure bring in a new vehicle with heavy firepower, maybe a Firestorm cannon that can melt the armour off a LR.
Seraphin, well give them power weapon upgrades, solves a big problem there.
And finally bring Hospitallars in the Celestien squad for the Cannoness.

wittdooley
03-22-2011, 09:32 PM
I absolutely hate the idea of Frateris Militia (or commenly known as Meat Shields). They are weak, wasted points, and a waste of codex space that could be better used for something worthwhile.

Compare this, a 30 strong meat shield versus Lilith.
She would gain around +6 attacks, go first and most likely kill off 10 or more per turn, not including them breaking from Moral and her wiping out everyone of them in a blood crazed rout.
I hate these little buggers, i was so glad GW dropped them from the 3rd edition. And i would be seriously dissappointed if they brought them back, while other new codex's get upgraded, tougher and more useful units to play with.
Don't fill a new codex with crap.

As for Lascannon/Plasma cannon, are we really trying to turn them into Female SM's?? Now i see how SoB lack firepower of these weapons, but adding Vindicators too.Why not just give them storm shields, relic blades, and dreadnoughts next too.
I like the way they are, just upgrade the Excorsist Strength, or give it options to take anti-tank missiles thats all.
Sure bring in a new vehicle with heavy firepower, maybe a Firestorm cannon that can melt the armour off a LR.
Seraphin, well give them power weapon upgrades, solves a big problem there.
And finally bring Hospitallars in the Celestien squad for the Cannoness.

Militia doesn't have to be crap though, and it fits with the fluff. What if they were akin to the penal legion, had some special rules involving religious zealotry, or something? Again, I'm looking at it from the standpoint of A:) what would make it nice and diff from GKs, and B:) what fits with the fluff and ecclisarchal (sp?) hierarchy.

I do NOT think they should have las/plasma, except for the random plasma pistol, but obviously infernus pistols fit more.

I think the hospitallers NEED to be in the book and arranged like the Sanguniary Priests.

I think Blanks/Null Maidens NEED to be in the book and arranged like the Sanguinary Priests.

I think Firestorm Cannons are almost a guarantee, and would love to see them somehow turreted on a rhino chassis.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
03-23-2011, 03:03 AM
Hey bring on the Sisters of Silence, to counter Psykers, now that would be a great replacement for Celexus assasin being taken out of the codex.

Replace the frateris Militia with a squad of preachers, confessors and redemptors, give them a unique Faith only for them to use (sort of a combat tactic), give them wargear, pistols and available upgrades. Make them fearless, and inspiring to units close to them.

Daemonette666
03-23-2011, 03:40 AM
So everyone thinks Sisters should not have Plasma cannons, Las cannons or vindicators, but sisters need something to able to take down big nasty monsters like Necron C'Tan, Eldar Avatars, Necron Monoliths, and any of the new weird fliers/skimmers they bring that deny the Melta gun's +2D6 armour penetration bonus.

An new tank for the sisters has been mentioned, and agreed on by most who commented here, but surely we can have it mounted with one of 2 optoinal turreted weapons - Demolisher cannon, or a Punisher Gatling Cannon.

Now I know you will be saying that just makes them Imperial Guard with power armour, but if the frontal armour of the tank was only 13 like the exorcist has, and it looked significantly different from both the Lemun Russ, Chimera, Rhino/predator/vindicator models then it could be easily identified as the new sister's battle tank. It would still only have a range of 24", but then that was what everyone else was saying sister's tanks should be limited to.

The Exorcist could have it's basic strength increased to 9, and maybe given the ability to fire indirectly. Repressor IFV/APCs could be introduced, and since frag grenades are disliked as an upgrade for squads, put defensive grenades on them. Providing a new weapon turret upgrade for the Immolator would be nice - namely a twin linked Assault cannon.

To combat the problem for sisters of deciding whether on shoot, and taking a charge, or charging just to prevent a spacemarine/berserker unit from getting their furious charge bonus as many of the new army elite units get, why not give them something like relentless so they can shoot and still charge, or reduce the potency of the enemy's charge by giving the sisters counter attack and combine this with the defensive grenades?

I know sisters are not suppose to be an assault army, but you could bump up their defensive capabilities, and reduce the effect of enemy assaults on them.

What if you could give celestine squads special ammunition? AP3 ammo would, make them a better shooty unit, and any enemy would think twice before assaulting across an open field to charge at them.

Hospitiliers, and null maidens, I agree with the comments about them. Allow them to be an elite choice that does not count towards your FOC and the 3 hospitiliers and 3 null maidens can then join other units to give out their bonus abilities.

Now Space Wolves and Blood Angels, and I am guessing Grey Knights as I have not had a really good look at the hobby stores copy of the codex, get to take 4 HQ choices, so why should the sisters be different? Let them get up to 4 HQ choices as well.

Another codex change would be to make the penitent engine a monstrous creature like the dread knight is. What is good for the goose (GK, BA & SW) is good for the gander. They would last a lot longer than they do now, and be better in close combat which is what they were designed for.

Havik110
03-23-2011, 09:14 AM
i want sisters to be THE HORDE SHOOTING ARMY they are meant to be. 30 sisters in a group, like orks...they walk at you and you die in a hail of bolter fire.

MadCowCrazy
03-23-2011, 09:29 AM
I really dont want to see Sisters turning into female Space Marines, they already turned the GKs into Grey Marines.
I think Faith should be a huge part of the army, something that can be very powerful if you are willing to risk it or provide small buffs here and there if you play it safe.

I really hope GW doesn't mess this up.

As for Frateris Milita they used to be the exact same thing as the IG Conscripts but with Ld6 instead of Conscript Ld5. 4pt per model up to 5-20 models.

The WD Zealots were similar to regular humans but for every 5 you could take an Eviscerator. 5-20 models of Zealots.

The problem I see is that with codex GK it could just as well be called C:GK & Inquisition and I fear the Sisters of Battle will be called Codex Sisters of Battle but in reality it will be C:SoB & Ecclesiarchy.

wittdooley
03-23-2011, 10:28 AM
I really dont want to see Sisters turning into female Space Marines, they already turned the GKs into Grey Marines.
I think Faith should be a huge part of the army, something that can be very powerful if you are willing to risk it or provide small buffs here and there if you play it safe.

I really hope GW doesn't mess this up.

As for Frateris Milita they used to be the exact same thing as the IG Conscripts but with Ld6 instead of Conscript Ld5. 4pt per model up to 5-20 models.

The WD Zealots were similar to regular humans but for every 5 you could take an Eviscerator. 5-20 models of Zealots.

The problem I see is that with codex GK it could just as well be called C:GK & Inquisition and I fear the Sisters of Battle will be called Codex Sisters of Battle but in reality it will be C:SoB & Ecclesiarchy.

So what does that entail if it is, in fact, Ecclesiarchy vs SoB? I'm not seeing what more scope there could really be with the Ecclisarchy in addition to what I've already outlined with the Frateris Militia and Sisters of Silence.

Malachi
03-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Now Space Wolves and Blood Angels, and I am guessing Grey Knights as I have not had a really good look at the hobby stores copy of the codex, get to take 4 HQ choices, so why should the sisters be different? Let them get up to 4 HQ choices as well.
Blood Angels get 4 HQ choices? I don't see that written for BA or GK, unless I'm missing something.

andrewm9
03-23-2011, 01:18 PM
So what does that entail if it is, in fact, Ecclesiarchy vs SoB? I'm not seeing what more scope there could really be with the Ecclisarchy in addition to what I've already outlined with the Frateris Militia and Sisters of Silence.

Ecclesiarchy gives access to cool special characters like named Cardinals and Priests, Arco-flagellants, Penitent Engines, Priests, plus (the likely) Frateris Militia. Who knows they might even develop a new unit for Ecclesiarchy goons.

wittdooley
03-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Ecclesiarchy gives access to cool special characters like named Cardinals and Priests, Arco-flagellants, Penitent Engines, Priests, plus (the likely) Frateris Militia. Who knows they might even develop a new unit for Ecclesiarchy goons.

Gotcha.

See, to me that makes PERFECT SENSE. Give me a book full of religious zealotry. Make all those zealots the meat shield that allow the Sisters to get into place and then go all shooty shooty.

I really want this army to be a faith based army, relying on that unique Faith Points mechanic.

Further, I sorta wish that we'd see the other two assassin clades represented. Man, how cool would it have been to see a Venenum Assassin that joins a unit and either gives the unit, say, a poisoned weapon? Vanus is a little tougher to figure out, but somehow working with armour disruption.

I dunno. I just like me some fluffy armies, and an Ecclisarcy one just sounds damn fun.

MadCowCrazy
03-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Basically the codex will be identical to the GK one but instead of Inquisition units it will be filled with Ecclesiarchy units.

Daemonette666
03-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Blood Angels get 4 HQ choices? I don't see that written for BA or GK, unless I'm missing something.
I had better tell my mate who plays Blood Angels that even when he gets his 3rd character model finished he can not have any more than 2 HQs in his army. He led me to believe he could take upto 4 of them. I know Space Wolves and even Chaos Daemons can if you take the smaller HQs.

I did say I had only glanced at the Grey (Space Marine) Knights book, and did not know for sure so guessed they were like the rest (I had thought at that stage that Blood Angels could also takle 4 HQs because of my mate).

Kawauso
03-24-2011, 12:05 AM
The 4-HQ thing is unique to Space Wolves, out of all the Marines.
They have a rule that lets them take 2 HQ choices for each slot in the FOC.

fuzzbuket
03-24-2011, 01:25 AM

possibly the BA honour guard? cause if you take 2 HQ's you get 2 hounour guard units?

eldargal
03-24-2011, 06:11 AM
Getting vaguely back on topic, Ward is writing the Necrons book* so he won't be doing Sisters. Cruddace was rumoured to be doing Tau which basically just leaves Phil Kelly, which does match the rumours from late last year that he and Jes Goodwin would be revamping SoB as they did Dark Eldar (before moving onto Eldar...).

*But not the fluff, it is being written as a team effort, they want it to be superb according to a BL seminar or some such thing.

andrewm9
03-24-2011, 07:02 AM
Getting vaguely back on topic, Ward is writing the Necrons book* so he won't be doing Sisters. Cruddace was rumoured to be doing Tau which basically just leaves Phil Kelly, which does match the rumours from late last year that he and Jes Goodwin would be revamping SoB as they did Dark Eldar (before moving onto Eldar...).

*But not the fluff, it is being written as a team effort, they want it to be superb according to a BL seminar or some such thing.

That would be awesome. I like much of the old fluff concerning the Sisters and the Ecclesiarchy, but it definitely needs filling out. For instance we know little about how the Sisters conduct operations but know lots about Space Marines and IG. I'd love to see expansion on the idea of Wars of Faith and what makes it different than a regular war since a lot of people scream "For the Emperor!" in battle.

Malachi
03-24-2011, 09:55 AM
I had better tell my mate who plays Blood Angels that even when he gets his 3rd character model finished he can not have any more than 2 HQs in his army. He led me to believe he could take upto 4 of them. I know Space Wolves and even Chaos Daemons can if you take the smaller HQs.

Unless you are confusing some of the "upgrade characters" (like Brother Corbulo or Lemartes) as HQs? Space Wolves are the only ones that can take 4 choices from the "HQ" section. (GK do have quite a few "upgrade characters" however)

Wildeybeast
03-24-2011, 12:01 PM

So does this give us any clues on time scale? Do they work on several books at once or one a time? If the later we might be able to predict which is coming next based on the last book they finished. (though my gut still says Tau as they need so little doing to them).

Kawauso
03-24-2011, 12:36 PM
It would only make sense that they work on several books at a time (though you have to remember they support WFB at the same time, also).

But a codex update is more than just updating the book. Tau need the least help here, of course (though I think they still need a lot to make them truly 5th edition), but Tau need a lot of help with models - specifically, battlesuits and any new units they choose to add to the codex that are going to require them.

Broadsides and Commanders need to lose the stupid hybrid model kits and I really would hope Tau battlesuits get an updated look in general that brings them more in line with the FW models.

Don't forget they may also choose to make plastic kits for Vespids or Pathfinders or something like that.

Any way, my point is that models have to be taken into consideration with an army update timeline as well. Though I will grant you that, even with all of that taken into consideration, Tau still probably need less help than Necrons and Sisters, with the abundance of metal those ranges have.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Necrons being next, myself. :P

Wildeybeast
03-24-2011, 02:05 PM
I agree they do need a bit of work doing, particularly updating rules and turning metals to plastics (bloody, unblanaced, constantly breaking broadsides), but the fluff is all good (assuming they put back in all the stuff they took out of the first codex!) and they don't need a complete overhaul in the way sisters and necrons do. I guess it depends when they started working on each race, DE has been an ongoing project for several years, so any of them could be fairly close. We won't see any of them till the autumn, so we'll just have to wait, albiet impatiently.

Daemonette666
03-25-2011, 01:21 AM
So, based on all the rumours of which codexes are being written, then Tau, Eldar, Necrons, and Sisters are definatley being planned for this or next year, with the likelyhood that many of the old metsls will be released in plastic. That just leaves Black Templars, Dark Angels, and Chaos Marines who are most likely being released in 2013, well after 6th edition has been released.

I would guess one of the 2 remaining space marine armies will also be released in 2013 just before Chaos Space Marines, probably Dark Angels, as Black Temlars need the update more urgently.

sneakyben
03-25-2011, 03:58 AM
So, based on all the rumours of which codexes are being written, then Tau, Eldar, Necrons, and Sisters are definatley being planned for this or next year, with the likelyhood that many of the old metsls will be released in plastic. That just leaves Black Templars, Dark Angels, and Chaos Marines who are most likely being released in 2013, well after 6th edition has been released.

I would guess one of the 2 remaining space marine armies will also be released in 2013 just before Chaos Space Marines, probably Dark Angels, as Black Temlars need the update more urgently.

Reasoned (?) supposition follows:

[Since GW are in it for the money :rolleyes: ...]

The Eladar, CSM and DA codexes are still full price...
The BT, Tau and Necron codexes are not (and the sisters one is discountinued)...

So linking rumours of new Necron, Sisters and Tau to what GW is doing from a business point of view suggest that they will be this year or early next... (in that order? fits the whole imperial-xenos-imperial pattern?)

and I think I heard here that the new 40k on-line game is going to focus on BT... so some sort of new codex tie-in could make a lot of business sense... question I guess is which is 1st, 6th-ed or BT-bonanza?

The West Coast Knight
03-25-2011, 07:21 AM
From what I hear it is all true and one of the reasons we see some of the Witchunter Inquisitors in the new Grey Knight book is because the Sisters are going to focus more on their history with the Ecilsiarcy ( I dont know how to spell it right) with Cardinals and priests as HQ along with Canoness's

Warp
03-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Here's to hoping. I probably won't play the army, but diversity is always a plus imo.

eldargal
03-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Are you English by any chance? It helps. Think of 'Eccles cake', drop the cake and add 'iarchy' as in hierarchy and you get Ecclesiarchy.:) This is how I remember that it is two c's and one s.

From what I hear it is all true and one of the reasons we see some of the Witchunter Inquisitors in the new Grey Knight book is because the Sisters are going to focus more on their history with the Ecilsiarcy ( I dont know how to spell it right) with Cardinals and priests as HQ along with Canoness's

Daemonette666
03-26-2011, 06:11 AM
Are you English by any chance? It helps. Think of 'Eccles cake', drop the cake and add 'iarchy' as in hierarchy and you get Ecclesiarchy.:) This is how I remember that it is two c's and one s.
Well however you spell it, they are popes, cardinals, and holy nuns in armour and huge guns, and lots of faith to try and keep them safe. :)

The West Coast Knight
03-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Nope not English and am Canadian we just use poor English over here;)
Oh and 666 is bang on lots of Pope's and Nuns and lots of faith stuff
It will be great to get them away from the Inquisition as far as I am concerned

negativezach
03-26-2011, 05:27 PM
I used to own and run my own game and comic shop. GW was one of my distributors and my rep would pass along info when he heard. Last July around BA Codex release, I asked him what was going on with SoB. I couldn't buy them from my normal stocking options and had to go through the more costly, direct sales approach.

He told me that when an army's models go into a direct sales warehouse code it means one of two things:
1.) Those models are going to be discontinued completely
OR
2.) The range is being overhauled and most likely replaced with plastics.

With the production time-line being no less than a couple years, and my rep saying the SoB have been in Direct Sales status around that long... It's totally possible and likely that we could be looking at plastic Sisters if not by Christmas, then by this time next year.

-z

RogueGarou
03-27-2011, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=Sister Rosette Soulknyt;126906]I absolutely hate the idea of Frateris Militia (or commenly known as Meat Shields). They are weak, wasted points, and a waste of codex space that could be better used for something worthwhile.

I had an interest in Sisters from the Rogue Trader main rulebook. The day the Codex, Immolator, Sister and Seraphim boxes and a Cannoness blister showed up in my local shop, I bought them. I also picked up a couple of blisters of Frateris Militia and mixed in some of my Necromunda minis for added Frateris bodies. Way back then, in 2nd Ed, the Sisters were slightly overcosted compared to a Marine, lower stats and lost the bolt pistol as I recall but were only two points cheaper which was the cost of the bolt pistol. But I loved them. It also said in the Codex they were intended for 750 point games or lower. The Frateris cost 4 points per model which made them pretty cheap.

Back then, I could field a Cannoness with a squad of Seraphim, a squad or two of Sisters, an Immolator, and some Frateris in the standard 1500 point games. Depending on the wargear, I think I woumd up getting a third squad of Sisters on the table but it has been so long since I have played my Sisters, I don't really recall. The Frateris were very handy way back then and swamped down Cyborks and Terminators and the like. If they could still be useful I would love to see them back in the game. If they are just going to stand in front of the Sisters and take the first bullet, I would rather see Arbites. Actually, I would like to see Arbites in the Codex anyway.

Sad thing is, when the Sisters released their new Codex for 3rd Ed, I did not have the money to pick up the cool new models and with their recosted points, my old 1500 or so points was not very much so I have only slowly picked up any of the new stuff and have not played them since 2nd Ed. Actually, I only played one or maybe two games at all in 3rd Ed because I disliked the rules and blandness so much. Thankfully 4th Ed started turning things around and I have been playing since. My Grey Knights and Sisters armies both need more models to be fielded now, though so I am still getting odds and ends to flesh them out. I am hoping for a new Sisters release and maybe even some plastics to fill the ranks of the fairly static looking but cool metal Sisters. If Frateris are included in the release, cool, but hopefully they will either be very good or in metal. I want as many good plastics as possible and wasting a plastic slot on a unit that might not be any good bothers me more than having a sub-par unit in the new Codex.

Anyway, enough rambling. Yay, Sisters! Yay, Frateris, maybe. Here's hoping we get Arbites at long last.

eldargal
03-28-2011, 03:07 AM
Darnok just confirmed that while the German title is rumoured to be 'Codex: Adeptus Sororitas' he expects the English title to be 'Codex: Sisters of Battle'. Not much of a rumour, but there you go.

eldargal
03-28-2011, 05:52 AM
Sorry for the double post but I thought this warranted it. The whole 'GW release Imperium then Xenos' thing has been going on at WArseer, and someone dug out the codex releases and we see this:

October 2008: Codex: Space Marines
May 2009: Codex: Imperial Guard.
October 2009: Codex: Space Wolves

So there is no real precedent for Imperium-Xenos releases, so no real reason to assume SoB couldn't follow GK.

steelmage99
03-28-2011, 06:02 AM
Apart from the exception with SM-IG-SW, hasn't the Empire-Xenos-Empire-Xenos cycle been pretty much constant?

eldargal
03-28-2011, 06:11 AM
Nope, prior to that you had Orks next to Daemons of Chaos, then prior to that Eldar and Tau back to back. Going back further you had Space Marines, Witchhunters and IG back to back as well.

Kawauso
03-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Yeah, and didn't 5th start Marines-IG-SW?

It's only really been a pattern for half of this edition, so far.

HsojVvad
03-28-2011, 11:58 AM
I thought the patteren was Space Marine release, non Space Marine releas, Space Marine release for 5th edtion.

So the patteren is then...

Space Marine (or Ultra Marinee)
Imperial Guard
Space Woves
Tyranids
Dark Eldar
Grey Knights (In a few days)

then it could be Necron or Tau or maybe even Sisters of Battles (Adeptus Sororitias) so that would fallow the SM, non SM, SM, non SM patteren.

So that would mean BT or DA next wich most agree will not be happening so they will either break the patteren and have back to back non SM releases or 6th editon is coming out next year as in other rumours have been said.

I am sure most of us believe that GW will not be updating every codex for 5th edtion. BT, DA, Eldar, Orks, Tau, Necrons SoB, Daemons, Chaos SM. Assuming Tau, Necrons or SoB will be the next 40K codex release in 2011, that would still mean 8 more codicies to be updated. At 3 a year so far, that would mean 2013 would be 6th edtion release? We all know that will not be happening.

No way will GW will let SM have such an old codex after all. :p

Wildeybeast
03-28-2011, 01:55 PM
If there is a pattern in the codex releases, it isn't on some strange xenos/imperial or sm/non-sm basis. GW is business, so the release schedule will be done according to 1) what makes the most money and 2) when can they get things ready to release. Thus SM are always first because they are the easiest codex to write and easiest range to provide models for since it is minor tweaks and they sell the most. Whereas something like DE and Sisters have to wait ages as they were probably the two worst selling armies and the entire range needed a complete overhaul.

eldargal
03-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Wildeybeast is correct, the only real pattern is when GW gets things done and which releases will make them the most money in the shortest time. Thus SM and IG get early updates at each edition.

Thus, no reason to assume we will be getting Necrons instead of sisters because we just had an Imperial army. We may get Necrons first if they are ready first, but we have rumours they have been delayed. Basically we have no idea what is coming after GK.:rolleyes:

Lockark
03-29-2011, 01:07 AM
I thought the patteren was Space Marine release, non Space Marine releas, Space Marine release for 5th edtion.

So the patteren is then...

Space Marine (or Ultra Marinee)
Imperial Guard
Space Woves
Tyranids
Blood Angles
Dark Eldar
Grey Knights (In a few days)

Fixed your list. You forgot blood angles.
=U

But yah. Since the release of 5th ed it has been SM, non-SM, SM. I would not be surprised if we continue to see this pattern. (Or at least a Powerarmour, non-powerarmoued armies pattren.)

But at the same time as far as we know, GW is ready to drop that pattern like a bad habit. (With Necrons and sisters coming up, we could end up looking at a year of nothing but power Armour. -.-)

eldargal
03-29-2011, 01:34 AM
We have had power armour back to back before (Witchhunters/SoB and SM) and as you say with Necrons and SoB on the cards we may get three in a row.

GrenAcid
03-29-2011, 01:45 AM
I know its wishlisting but "if" new Adepta Sororitas feature Arbitres with shotgun(and some new ammo-like sternguard) and represor shield(4++) for 11-14 pt & new minis...it would make some interesting unit IMO.

Cant wait for some more acurate info `bout Sisters...where are rumors when you need them?

gcsmith
03-29-2011, 02:47 AM
Im quite glad Tau and templars are waiting, as it might mean we get relevent 6th edition books, that aim at making us strong in watever way the rules change the emphasis.

GrenAcid
03-29-2011, 04:08 AM
Im quite glad Tau and templars are waiting, as it might mean we get relevent 6th edition books, that aim at making us strong in watever way the rules change the emphasis.

Strong as current CSM dex right budy?:rolleyes:

eldargal
03-29-2011, 04:11 AM
Either way it causes problems. If you come first in an edition you get superceded by new releases, if you come later you get invalidated by the next edition to some extent.

Daemonette666
03-29-2011, 04:45 AM
I remember that 4th edition finished with Chaos Marines, followed by dark Angels and Orks, then 5th editon was released at the same time as Chaos Daemons. Space Marines was next, then Imperial Guard, Space Wolves, Tyranids, Blood Angels, Dark Eldar and lastly Grey Knights. Except for a couple cases, it has been Imperial, Xenos/Hetertic, Imperial.

Imperial Guard put the cycle out.

I thought Orks was a 5th edition codex, but it did come about the time of Daemons.

eldargal
03-31-2011, 07:03 AM
From Stickmonkey at Warseer:

I'm posting this in news and rumors only as it's relevant to upcoming releases. I received word yesterday my "blackout" clause of my NDA for 3 upcoming codex armies would go in to effect April 1. (ha, that's what I thought too.)

Those three armies are Tau, Necron, and SoB.

Now the earliest they've ever enacted this on me before has been 6 months out. And the shortest duration has been 2 months out. I have no info telling me A. What order any of these codexes will be released. B. That they will be consistent with that duration. Just thought it may serve as additional evidence for what's on the horizon.

Now StraightSilver said Tau weren't getting a new codex yet, so we might see C:Necrons and C: SoB this year along with a wave of new Tau kits. Or, less likely*, we may see GW cram in three 40k codices.

*Really, really, really unlikely.

Lockark
03-31-2011, 08:59 AM
When I read that rumor I took it as thows are the next three army books, not that thows three army books over the next 6 months. Stick monkey seemed to imply He usely doesn't get the NDA this early.

That or GW hit him with mutiple NDA's knowing he would post this, to throw us off the trail. (Hey. You never know.)

yanhunt
03-31-2011, 06:18 PM
was with straightsilver at the dark eldar release day at warhammer world and had a great chat with jes goodwin. the conversation went all over the shop, and covered how gw do their CAD work and miniature design. he was very sad to say the soritas figures are too complicated and so far haven't been able to be done in plastics. the hair, shoulder pads and sleaves are all too 3d to allow a stamping process as used for other plastics.

if 6 months ago this was drawing a blank, then there's no way it will have been solved, 3 upped, cad-ed etc.

this just aint happening.

error number two would be to assume that chaos could go in a starter box. this is the set mothers will buy little timmy who wants to get in to the hobby and the game that red shirts will demo in stores.

lady gaga & the fetish nuns vs the space satanists would scare off too many middle americans

memnarch_129
03-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Quote: was with straightsilver at the dark eldar release day at warhammer world and had a great chat with jes goodwin. the conversation went all over the shop, and covered how gw do their CAD work and miniature design. he was very sad to say the soritas figures are too complicated and so far haven't been able to be done in plastics. the hair, shoulder pads and sleaves are all too 3d to allow a stamping process as used for other plastics.

if 6 months ago this was drawing a blank, then there's no way it will have been solved, 3 upped, cad-ed etc.

error number two would be to assume that chaos could go in a starter box. this is the set mothers will buy little timmy who wants to get in to the hobby and the game that red shirts will demo in stores.

lady gaga & the fetish nuns vs the space satanists would scare off too many middle americans

It is possible that Jes meant that the hair, shoulders, etc.. where coming out off when the where being stamped (only way you know somthing is too anything is to try). If, and I do stress if, this was the case then if a solution was found they would need little time to integrate the changes into the 3up, CAD the 3up into the computer and produce "beta", as has been indicated by some rumors, models. Id say anywhere between 6 to 10 months to integrate the changes and start production of the actual models. Putting the possible final models going into production between June and August. Of course I am a Sisters player so this is high hopping and you have had more dirrect information than me Yan.

But on the topic of the starter set being Sisters vs. Chaos. If the parent is bringing their kids to a game store and arnt bothered by the other things in the store and only bothered by the starter box contents then there is somthing very off.

Lane
03-31-2011, 08:57 PM
If the models are being sculpted digitally there is no need for a 3-Up. In fact they can probably check for undercuts and draft angles in software. Then again balancing appearance and production still takes time.

eldargal
03-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Straightsilver also sid the SoB plastics went to beta in February implying they are nearly done. Also GW doesn't do 3ups of models anymore, or so I've ben told. No need for it with CAD.

Secondly, GW are a British company, they don't particularly care what puritan silliness you have going on in the former colonies. SoB were released before they will be released again. Also there is nothing Lady Gaga about hem, their hairstyle is a 20s style bob which Lady Gaga copied. I do agree that I doubt Chaos will be in the starter set, not because some idiots might mitake them for satanists though.

Incidentally BramGaunt says it is Necrons, SoB and Tau in that order.

was with straightsilver at the dark eldar release day at warhammer world and had a great chat with jes goodwin. the conversation went all over the shop, and covered how gw do their CAD work and miniature design. he was very sad to say the soritas figures are too complicated and so far haven't been able to be done in plastics. the hair, shoulder pads and sleaves are all too 3d to allow a stamping process as used for other plastics.

Lockark
03-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Didn't GW say in a news post that the work they did on the Dark Eldar, helped them figure out how to do the SoB?

eldargal
03-31-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm not sure Lockark, it seems vaguely familiar though.

Oh, I forgot, Harry sid SoB were started 6 months after GK so makes sene they might be released 6 months after. So September.

eldargal
03-31-2011, 10:24 PM
Sorry about the double post, but I think it warrant it. From Harry:

Sisters were started just over six months after Grey Knights so it follows they would be finished just over six months after Grey Knights.

It also follows that whoever wrote Grey Knights was not the lead writer on Sisters.

(Because they were always separate projects)

So no Ward, hopefully.

Also this has made the rounds, allegedly a scan from a leaked playtest copy of the SoB codex. BUT, its generally assumed to be an April Fools, or atleast a fake. I include it for the sake of completeness.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/nikephorusLB/1301586042-1301573276322.jpg

TheCastigator
03-31-2011, 10:44 PM
It seems they forgot to run spell check. Matyrs?

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
03-31-2011, 11:59 PM
If it is a real copy... The sister Superia can't get any Plasma Pistols anymore D: (I know Plasma, isn't really they're thing but I have two superiors with such a weapon)

Dalleron
04-01-2011, 12:29 AM
I think that when it's all said and done, A SoB VSS will be able to take a plasma pistol. Why do I think so? Well, its' a model that they've sold and I believe that some options are dictated by what has been sold in the past. Take Space Wolves and all the Chaos Marines. They have bolter, bolt pistol and CCW. Because they got rid of true grit, and gave pistols to all marines after the BT codex, it was just easier to say these models have all that gear. Basically the rules were dictated by the models, for those 2 armies. And the Sisters would continue with those models.

If not, I"m not buying single models to replace those VSS's I already own.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
04-01-2011, 01:41 AM
Well September would be great for me, then all my friends could buy them for my Birthday..yay (wishful thinking).

Eldargal, that looks like its not that fake, maybe it is a pre-list like the GK's??

eldargal
04-01-2011, 02:56 AM
Well its possible, but losing the option to take a heavy flamer is surprising to say the least. I find it better to be on the safe side and assume something is fake:)

Unzuul the Lascivious
04-01-2011, 07:17 AM
*does a little dance around his office* If the Sisters do come out this year I shall be a very happy and yet slightly sad 30-something! Sad, because I sold all my Sisters (aside from Celestine and my Canoness, who I named after my daughter!). But happy, because that means new models, hopefully plenty of plastics with crisp features! Of course, painting them all will take forever, so I need to finish everything else first. But YAY! *does further dances, and throws in a shimmy too!*

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
04-01-2011, 07:55 AM
http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt177/soulknyt/sisters4.gif
http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt177/soulknyt/sisters3.gif

Yeah removing the Heavy Flamer is weird, could just mean that they will place them in the Retributor squads again, sort of like the Purgitation squads of the GK's.
I love the idea of Arbites again, i already own a original squad of these guys all with shotguns, now by this they are Assault 3.
And i hate (really loath) to see what i refer to as Meat Shields, the Redeptionist Militia. Waste of time, space and most of seriously useless. I mean they are no better than a Grot.
WS 3 BS of 2, I of 3. I won't waste money or the points on this unit. But i know a few will be excited to bring them back.

Good to see Hand Flamers there, and you still see the listing for Heavy Flamers, so they have to be used somewhere in the Codex.
BTW, is it me, or that the writing on the side is the same as the one on the Leaked GK's codex ???

eldargal
04-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Similar, it seems too crisp though. Seeing that larger picture i'm more convinced its not real, the font is wrong compared to GW codices, and the handwriting doesn't look right. I'm not an expert but a lot of people on Warseer expressed similar views. Also, The SoB codex was being worked on while GK were being worked on, which means Ward wouldn't have been involved (Harry hinted quite strongly they were seperate projects) so why would WArd-esque handwriting be all over these leaked pages?

Melissia
04-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Pretty much exactly as I predicted.

The best part of this news is that I heard Matt Ward didn't write it, so it might not suck.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
04-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Long time Melissia, haven't heard from you on here for a long time.
Yeah well, i'm up in the air with it too, it looks fake, maybe fake, but who knows. Could it be a hint of truth??

Melissia
04-02-2011, 05:31 AM
Oh, these scans are definitely fake. But we already know that Sororitas are on the way anyway, and there's been confirmations from Stickmonkey that the three factions he isnt' allowed to talk about are Necrons, Sisters, and Tau, meaning those three are the ones that are going to be next (you know, those little NDAs for testers and all).

eldargal
04-05-2011, 03:04 AM
Frgt/10 on Warseer, who is usually reliable, has dismissed the SoB codex pages as a probable April Fools.

Edit: And Bramgaunt says so too.

DrLove42
04-05-2011, 03:40 AM
Worst april fools joke ever. Mostly cos they were released on 31st March :P

Artein
04-05-2011, 04:31 AM
Seen them on /tg/ first with a note "it's 1st April in some countries".

eldargal
04-06-2011, 04:51 AM
SoB pages confirmed fake, the person who made them said so and posted the unaltered originals.

Melissia
04-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Heh, where?

Exterminatus
04-18-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm just glad i get to keep my sisters and play with some new rules hopefully this year. Got alot of time invested in those gals.

"To the righteous we bring hope. To the tainted we bring fire."

- Castellan Garran Crowe

MadCowCrazy
04-20-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm just glad i get to keep my sisters and play with some new rules hopefully this year. Got alot of time invested in those gals.

"To the righteous we bring hope. To the tainted we bring Furious Charge and re-rolls to hit if they assault us."

- Castellan Garran Crowe

Fixed that for you :D

JxKxR
04-20-2011, 06:17 PM
No it's more like this

"To the tainted we bring fire, and to the righteous... well we brought all this fire and would hate to see it go to waste sooooo... BURN!!!!"

- Castellan Garran Crowe

Gir
04-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Pretty much exactly as I predicted.

The best part of this news is that I heard Matt Ward didn't write it, so it might not suck.

I'd be hoping for Ward over Cruddance.

silashand
04-20-2011, 10:41 PM

The Sisters are not daemon hunters. They help maintain the Imperial faith by testing the purity of other Imperial organizations as well as serving as the military arm of the church in the event of a holy war / war of faith. The link to the Inquisition is tenuous at best because the two have divergent goals the majority of the time even if they are known to work together on occasion.

BTW.....whats wrong with "Witch Hunters" why it has to be C:SoB, thats shift in direction I dont like.

they are apparently going back to their roots. Originally the SoB were never linked to the Inquisition. It was only the 3rd edition codex that did that and according to an article I read by Jervis the reason they did it was they were all infatuated with the new Inquisitor game that had just came out. However, from a background standpoint the Sisters are part of the Ecclesiarchy and not beholden to the Inquisition any more than any other Imperial organization. Personally, I always hated the whole =I= linkage and will be glad when it's gone. There is so much more they can do with the book by adding in new SoB units and bringing back characterful ones from days of yore (Frateris Militia, Zealots, etc.). The frothing fanaticism of an Imperial Holy War would be a sight to see on the tabletop if they do it right. I know he gets a lot of grief from people, and maybe some of it isn't deserved, I dunno. But for myself I hope Matt Ward is not allowed anywhere near a new SoB codex. JMO though.

Cheers, Gary

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
04-21-2011, 12:02 AM
No it's more like this

"To the tainted we bring fire, and to the righteous... well we brought all this fire and would hate to see it go to waste sooooo... BURN!!!!"

- Castellan Garran Crowe

Is that an actual quote :L? Because it's awesome... But proably too awesome for something official D:

Hive Mind
04-21-2011, 04:31 AM
Secondly, GW are a British company, they don't particularly care what puritan silliness you have going on in the former colonies. SoB were released before they will be released again. Also there is nothing Lady Gaga about hem, their hairstyle is a 20s style bob which Lady Gaga copied. I do agree that I doubt Chaos will be in the starter set, not because some idiots might mitake them for satanists though.

'British company' they may be but company is the more important word there. Companies want to make money so in my opinion they'd be daft to include anything that might even possibly harm sales of a new boxed set.

The 'former colonies' lest we forget are the biggest single-territory market that GW has access to. They'd be stupid not to take note of cultural sensitivities.

eldargal
04-21-2011, 05:41 AM
They haven't yet, why would they suddenly shy away from gothic nuns in space when they have topless Dark Elves, nearly naked Witch Elves and slutty daemons all over the place? It just asburd to argue that GW are suddenly going to ban SoB to appease a few nutjob evangelists*.

*By which I mean the kind of nutjobs who would get worked up over toy soldiers, not evangelists in general.

GrenAcid
04-21-2011, 08:03 AM
They haven't yet, why would they suddenly shy away from gothic nuns in space when they have topless Dark Elves, nearly naked Witch Elves and slutty daemons all over the place? It just asburd to argue that GW are suddenly going to ban SoB to appease a few nutjob evangelists*.

*By which I mean the kind of nutjobs who would get worked up over toy soldiers, not evangelists in general.

Reminds me one article about Wh40k being tool of satan to mock christians(God-Emperor, Ecclesiarchy ect)
and we live in times when Santa is ban form saying "ho" cuz its political somthing...creazy sh*t going on so I wouldnt be suprised.

Nudity in 21M is not a problem(just turn on MTV-my grandpa would call it porn) but faith-belive is kinda topic most people will avoid(for some stupid reason), hope GW is money-hungry monster and will not be scared so we can have fun with our plastic nuns with guns in super-sexy/cute gothic armours.:D
(sorry for spelling)

Hive Mind
04-21-2011, 08:29 AM

I didn't mean to imply that SoB would be Squatted altogether. I was working on the premise that you were saying SoB would be included in the 6th ed. boxed set. Is that not the case?

eldargal
04-21-2011, 08:33 AM
I doubt it, it would be nice but its almost certainly going to be Space Marines. I just don't think its at all plausible to argue they would be banned from the box on the basis of not upsetting a few madmen outside of GWs demographic.

Hive Mind
04-21-2011, 10:23 AM
I just don't think its at all plausible to argue they would be banned from the box on the basis of not upsetting a few madmen outside of GWs demographic.

I don't think that would be sole reason but to dismiss it out of hand is presumptious in my opinion. It will certainly be Marines, they're the cash-cow and what else could appeal more to Americans than the eagle-emblazoned enforcers of a repressive regime?

Exterminatus
04-21-2011, 01:27 PM
LOL, nice JxK nice. I like it :)

"To the righteous we bring hope. To the tianted we bring fire."

- Catellan Garran Crowe

Mobynick
04-26-2011, 02:34 PM
I doubt it, it would be nice but its almost certainly going to be Space Marines. I just don't think its at all plausible to argue they would be banned from the box on the basis of not upsetting a few madmen outside of GWs demographic.

Way way wayyyy outside the demographic !!!! Speaking of which who is going to buy a female army (within said demographic) if there isn't the sexy factor?

Sisters..out soon and sexy as hell too....oh and with exceptional fluff or I'm bringing hope to the SoB fans and fire to GW....which proberbly means burning all of England (eclesiasticallly speaking)....and the troblesome scots...and the welsh....skip Ireland cause there all cool as hell ...europe...cept germany cause I know some hot chicks from there...need to recruit from somewhere.............

eldargal
05-27-2011, 01:09 AM
I'm hearing August for SoB with Necrons being pushed back to November/Q1 2012.

Deadlift
05-27-2011, 01:19 AM

Thats just ruined my day :mad:

eldargal
05-27-2011, 01:31 AM
It may not happen yet, Necrons and SoB have both taken longer than expected (apparently) so they might swap spots again, assuming this rumour is accurate to begin with.

Unzuul the Lascivious
05-27-2011, 07:23 AM
My wife is not gonna like me very much if SoB are out this August...think I'd better squirrel money away and buy them all in one big lot in the New Year...

Necron2.0
05-27-2011, 07:48 AM

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs38/f/2008/354/1/9/Crying_necron_by_KENESEN.jpg

<Image shamelessly ripped off from KENESEN at deviantArt>

Actually, I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad, because SoB and Necrons are the two armies I'm planning to maintain (as opposed to selling them off).

Wildeybeast
05-27-2011, 10:12 AM
So where does this put Tau then?

Lancel
05-27-2011, 11:29 AM

Where'd you hear all that? Or is it too dangerous to reveal anything of the source? Because I totally understand, I just found it one of the shortest rumors I've heard in a while, heh.

Both armies need an update, though kind of for different reasons. Sisters just need to get out of the 90s model wise, but Necrons more need it for the rules. Only thing I'm worried about is if they do significant enough changes to the Sisters that I have to completely revamp my army list, which would kinda suck because I haven't had the chance to use it yet. I'm a miserably slow painter.

As for the Tau, that remains quite an unknown, but I think the general consensus is a first half of 2012 release for a new Tau. On the other hand it may depend on what the Sisters actually do finally get, as rumors are going between full codex and release to a WD codex and -maybe- plastic sisters. A smaller codex would presumably leave a spot for another army like Black Templar or Tau this year. Expecting an Imperium-NonImp exchange it seemed like it was going to be Necron-Sisters-Tau, but if Sisters comes before Necrons that kinda destroys that pattern, or supports the Marine-nonMarine theory, which would suggest it would be Necrons/Sisters->Black Templar->Necrons/Sisters->Dark Angels->Tau->6th. Yeah, I know that sounds silly. Point is it's probably whichever gets done first, heh, or a guideline rather than an actual rule.