PDA

View Full Version : custom decal sheets

Javin
03-18-2011, 11:38 PM
I know BoLS has posted some excellent how put on decals, white vs black, etc but what about making the actual Decals? I would like to design my own custom decals for my IG regiment. What programs are good to make decals?

Necron2.0
03-19-2011, 04:51 AM
You can buy water slide decal paper for inkjet printers. I'm including a link below as an example, not because I encourage you to buy from them, but rather because they have start to finish instructions on what to do:

http://www.decalpaper.com/product-p/tryc.htm

Javin
03-19-2011, 07:00 AM
I am not looking for paper, I was looking for a program to help me make a custom design. I want to make the shoulder pad decal for my troops and big decals for my tanks.

gwensdad
03-19-2011, 08:01 AM
I don't think there's a specific program for decals, but when I play around I just experiment with paint.net, print on regular paper, and check results before printing to decal paper.

ScrutMaster
03-19-2011, 01:02 PM
I am not looking for paper, I was looking for a program to help me make a custom design. I want to make the shoulder pad decal for my troops and big decals for my tanks.

adobe illustrator + photo shop

Necron2.0
03-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Anything and everything that could conceivably get an image to a printer will work. At the scales we're talking, you don't need any fidelity at all. I did this using Microsoft's Visio:

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/photopost/data/689/medium/Furies3.jpg

weeble1000
03-21-2011, 10:36 AM
I like GIMP for my photoshopping needs. It's a powerful freeware program, but it takes some getting used to.

The best thing about GIMP is the huge amount of online tutorials. If you are using GIMP and you have a problem or can't figure out how to do something, even if it's silly (like drawing a perfect circle), just google the question and you'll usually find a tutorial.

Javin
03-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Thank I will try Visio and GIMP