PDA

View Full Version : Modeling For Advantage?

DWest
03-18-2011, 06:26 PM
After reading some other threads about model shenanigans, I have a question regarding a unit of Chaos Raptors. For reference, http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440167a&prodId=prod1090559&rootCatGameStyle= is what a Raptor fresh from the package looks like, and the little bit of smoke connecting the foot to the base is my problem, as it makes the model *extremely* top-heavy. So my question is as follows:

1) Can I get away with clipping the smoke bit off and attaching the Raptor directly to the base? and

2) Can I get away with just attaching jump packs to Chaos Marines and saying "these are Raptors"?

JxKxR
03-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Yes and yes! If you clip away the smoke then they would be the same size as any other assault marine, and it doesn't really matter if your raptors don't have their special jump packs.

p.s. I like the smoke on the raptor models so I would just put weight on the bottom of the base, but you do what you want.

Lemt
03-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Remember extra decorations don't count anyways when determining LoS and all that jazz. However, ask before you use them in a tournament, just in case.

gwensdad
03-18-2011, 09:02 PM
2) Can I get away with just attaching jump packs to Chaos Marines and saying "these are Raptors"?

I've done that and just explain that either a) they stole them from Astartes or b) they are "recent" traitors

(I've been wanting for a bit to get some Bezerkers and just ordering regular jump packs for them.)

Grailkeeper
03-18-2011, 10:31 PM
YES!

If you want Maximini do a nice line in preheresy jump-packs. There is no reason why raptors cannot use the (better looking imho) loyalist jumpacks.

There are many different marks of Space Marine Power armour- all used by marines both loyalist and traitor, There is no reason why this cannot extend to jump packs

Whats mopre I fail to see what unfair advantage you would gain by doing what you propose, you might be a little harder to hit under the TLOS rules, but not really by much. It would merely put you at a level pegging with loyalists.

To go one step further I would approve of a nightlords codex using blood angels rules.