PDA

View Full Version : Is this even a legal formation?

Brotherjames
03-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Ok in getting ready for an Apocolyspe game. So here we go besides being a points sink...
Storm raven
Dante
Marneus Calgar (AoA)
Corbulo
Gabriel Seth
Logan grimnar
Pedro kantor
Vulkan hestaan
Eziekel
K'sorro khan

That takes all 12 seats and Dante will have to move 6" like the rest of the squad but heck if your gonna use a hammer I guess use a sledge...

Demonus
03-17-2011, 08:52 AM
lol thats one model i want to see fail a dangerous terrain test after moving flat out.... :D

BlindGunn
03-17-2011, 08:55 AM
I don't play apoc, but my best guess would be "no".

My understanding is that while you can take allies, allies cannot take other allies' transports.

Heaven forbid Dark Eldar and Chaos share a side. Don't you think a fully equipped Chaos Marine would crash through the floor of a Dark Eldar Raider!?!?) :O

Demonus
03-17-2011, 08:57 AM
would probably depend on what your opponent agrees to. in our team games, we allow partners to ride in each others vehicles (had a bunch of genestealers hop into a storm raven last time) but they have to start on the table and embark, they cant start in the vehicle before the game starts.

FTE-Charge!!!
03-17-2011, 09:13 AM
It seems rather silly, but I do remember one instance that I believe is in the front of the Apoc book. If I remember correctly it was a blurb by Jervis Johnson saying how neat it would be (and suprising) to have Attilan Rough Riders storm out of a Thunderhawk. So it may indeed be legal.

Personally, Apoc is like any other game, I look for a player, or group of them, that have some semblance of theme in their gaming. If that above player had detachments for all of those various chapters, then yes, it could be a really neat mission specific formation. But to just throw all of those characters together without any semblance to reason is silly.

I know its just a game, but a dose of realism is what attracts many players. So make that guy get a detachment of each force. In my experience if you let theme go the wayside, esp in Apoc, you end up going against players who focus on winning by doing things like Genestealers in Raiders- you see it on the table and start muttering curses (hopefully under your breath lol)

sangrail777
03-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Top of page 198 Apoc book. Your good to go to transport your allies.

ruff riders out of thunderhawks,...3 carnifex out of a ork stompa....etc etc.

it says this may lead to bizarre situations.

Brotherjames
03-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Yea a storyline may be needed here but I actually got the idea from a box set GW had years ago called Heros of the Imperium it had all the space marine big guns in it and I drooled over it unfortunately I never laid my hands on it.

tongalad
03-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Heroes of the Imperium...I still have my box shrink wrapped! Can't bring myself to open it.....

lobster-overlord
03-17-2011, 08:10 PM
HELL YES! THat's what Apoc is all about. There was even an article a ways back that stated that they almost included the rule that you HAD TO HAVE special characters, but decided last minute to remove it. An all SC unit is amazingly fun, if not just out right crazy.

Shadoq
03-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Since this is Apoc, heck yes!
Just make sure your opponent(s) are cool with it.

Exterminatus
04-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Unfortunatly this IS an illegal unit, heres why. Codex: Grey Knights pg. 37 Transport and i quote.. "The Stormraven can carry ONE unit of up to 12 models in it's cabin, and/or a single Dreanought in it's rear grapples." ok, problem is the unit can carry only ONE unit of models, ONE unit. Now if you used a LR it just says can hold up to x amount of models, not 1 unit of x amount of models, just x amount of models. So yea, that unit is illegal.

"To the righteous we bring hope. To the tainted we bring fire."

- Castellan Garran Crowe

Lerra
04-20-2011, 11:50 AM
As long as everyone in that list is an Independent Character (and I'm pretty sure they are), they can all join together to form one unit. So yes, they can all get in a transport that has enough carrying capacity.

Do models in terminator armor count as 2 slots in a Stormraven?

Brotherjames
04-20-2011, 12:15 PM
The game I played is long over but it was insane too say the least! This unit single handily killed at 2300 Pts of orks and Nids, only to have a fluffed vortex grenade eat most of the unit!!! And rolling to hit in close combat was a nitemare and one sided against orks and the larger bugs.

Lerra- termie and jump counts as two seats in the SR and they were all IC's

Exterminatus
04-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Heh didnt think about the IC rule for ALL of them, lol :) and yes Terminators take up 2 slots per model in any vehicle.

" To the righteous we bring hope. To the tainted we bring fire."

- Castellan Garran Crowe

hammer
04-23-2011, 11:54 AM
I wouls tell you to go for it if we were playing a game of apoc. But remember that every game of apoc is objective based so all i have to do to win would be have one troop unit on an objective, blow up your storm raven, lets be honest it isn't that hard, and then make you walk across the board. This might actually be a setup that the tau would excell at.

Tynskel
04-23-2011, 01:39 PM
the internetz is probably the last place to ask about what's 'legal' in apocalypse. Apocalypse is all about having redonkulously huge games with models dying by the handfuls, and everyone doing stuff that may or may not be in the rules!

Warpath
04-25-2011, 12:58 PM
As far as im concerned, SR can't carry terminators, and ko'sarro rides a bike, so he cant go in there either.

gcsmith
04-25-2011, 01:40 PM
um kor'sarro can foot, so can mineus calgar

Archon Charybdis
04-25-2011, 02:22 PM
As far as im concerned, SR can't carry terminators

I'm not sure how you would have come to that conclusion, as there's nothing in the rules to suggest that. The Storm Raven transport rules don't mention any restrictions on terminators, and the terminator armor entry in the armory only says they can't go in rhinos/razorbacks, and that they take up two slots in other transports. Nothing about not being able to fit in a Storm Raven.

helvexis
05-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Yes you can take that as a legal list however i will kill it with. My creed and 39 Eldrad's outflanking in a superheavy ;-) mind war and fortunes a ***** :-p ... Although that is countered by an even amount of vindicare assassins ... Like so much else in this game an even number of
Vindicare assassins is the perfect counter lol :-)