PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar/Blood Angels Doubles 2500

Ahrimaneus
03-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Hey everyone, planning on an doubles tournament with my old college roommate at the beginning of April using his new Stormraven model. Current list idea up for critique is as follows:

Kabal of the Obsidian Sky

Archon w/Shadowfield, Agonizer, PGL (135)

3x Blaster Trueborn in Venom w/2x Cannons (146)
6x Incubi in Raider w/NS, FF (212)

10x Wyches w/2x Shardnets, Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix w/Agonizer in Raider w/NS, FF (250)
5x Warriors w/Blaster in Venom w/2x Cannons (125)
5x Warriors w/Blaster in Venom w/2x Cannons (125)

Dark Lance Ravager w/NS, FF (125)
Dark Lance Ravager w/NS, FF (125)

Total:1243

Blood Angels

Librarian w/JP, Shield, Unleash Rage (125)

2x Sanguinary Priests w/JP (150)

10x Assault Marines w/2x Melta, PFist (235)
10x Assault Marines w/2x Melta, PFist (235)

Baal Predator w/Assault Cannon, Hvy Bolters (145)
Baal Predator w/Assault Cannon, Hvy Bolters (145)

Storm Raven w/MM, Lascannon, Extra Armor (215)

TOTAL:1250

The idea with the storm raven is to use it as a fire support/objective contester as well as a ride for the CC half of a combat squad if we feel like having a suicide melta squad deepstriking in the backfield. Not sure what to do for the final 7 points for the Dark Eldar list, likely something silly like a stinger pistol or a haywire grenade. Possibly a grisly trophy. Another option would be to trade in the Night Shields in the list for the extra points to make the Archon a Huskblade/Soultrap/Combat Drug monster. Not necessarily the most points-efficient, but might be worth it for a little extra flavor in the list.

What say you? Weaknesses? Things to be wary of? What you'd to do a list like this??

BlindGunn
03-17-2011, 09:10 AM
Quite the "Unholy Alliance" - Blood Angles and Dark Eldar. I assume the Marines are "suffering" from the "thirst"?

I would definitely add a haywire to the Archon. Mine got trapped in combat after a Dread joined a fight in progress.

Combining NS & FF on Raiders and Ravagers is a personal choice. Some insist FF is useless for a Raider rushing in to drop troops off in CC. Others say the NS is useless. Some say one or the other. Some say both. It's a Personal Preference thing. Go with your gut and/or experience.

I go with both unless I have a need for the points elsewhere. I would prioritize with Transports 1st need both (Wyches then Incubi 'cause the incubi have a good save anyway), followed by the Ravagers last. Ravagers should seldom need NS - as long as you stay out of short range, whereas FF is priceless.

Good Luck.