PDA

View Full Version : 40k Contest- DreadKnight Mega Build of Doom

Kesher
03-16-2011, 11:49 AM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Wjb0JTkSZCE/TYDhPBMl7VI/AAAAAAAACYs/61FmoKKgxFk/s200/looteddk.jpg

Waaaaaaaaaaagh as been declared at Spikey Bits for the new Grey Knight release. To kick it all off we cranked up the awesome to 11 with the DreadKnight Mega Build Contest!

Entering is easy- all you have to do is pre-order a Dreadknight from Spikey Bits Mail Order, and convert it into a Non-Astartes version of itself by Friday April 22nd. Then us picture of it (no colleges please, but you can send multiple pics), and we'll set them up for judging on the blog!

Checkout the sweet photoshoped DeffKnight for inspiration. Whomever made that was definitely touched by Gork (or possible Mork).

The winner will receive a Strike Force of 2 Grey Knights Boxes, and one Grey Knight Terminator Box (or the equivalent in store credit).

WHAT, WHAT, WHAT??!!!! Yep that's right you could win three shiny new box sets of Grey Knights, just for defiling one of their proud vehicles.

So what are you waiting for??? Put on your thinking caps, and get in your pre-order!!!!

details : http://blog.spikeybits.com/2011/03/40k-contest-dreadknight-mega-build-of.html

fuzzbuket
03-16-2011, 03:10 PM
could it be a non-standard dreadknight build? or just a non SM build,

this seems to be aimed at orksies :P

Lockark
03-16-2011, 06:19 PM
could it be a non-standard dreadknight build? or just a non SM build,

this seems to be aimed at orksies :P

I think that was the idea. lol

L'Etat Cest Moi
03-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Time to make a new talos...

zenjah
03-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Would converting it to be a Defiler for Chaos Space Marines count as Non-Astartes?

JxKxR
03-16-2011, 07:44 PM
It looks like tau to me.

Ghost of War
03-17-2011, 06:12 AM
How is this a rumor or news? Sounds more like marketing...

Eusebius Rex
03-17-2011, 12:35 PM
How is this a rumor or news? Sounds more like marketing...

Yeah, its called Warhammer 40k - it is all marketing, dude. You think the leaded GK codex with the uber DreadKnight was really an accident? Every rumor, every tidbit of news, some is just more overt and some not.

daboarder
03-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Its a damn shame I finally settled on doing a centipede defiler because this kit could make a cool on of those too.

plawolf
03-17-2011, 08:55 PM
So this is a competition that specifically excludes owners of the army this model is released for...Yes, I can see the orders flooding in. :rolleyes:

Kesher
03-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Okay so there seems to be a bit of confusion about my previous post, so I just wanted let everyone know the official rules for this contest.

This is a conversion contest. Entries do not have to be painted, but you can paint you entries. LOL make sense? So if you paint your conversion, then just make sure you take a WIP picture before you paint it so we can all see the work you put into it.

The theme of the contest is to make a Non-Astates pattern DreadKnight, so that mean absolutely no power armor. So Marines (both Chaos and loyalist) are out, but pretty much everything else is in. This technically includes Adeptus Mechanicus, but not Adeptus Custodes.

Some cool stuff I've heard being kicked around are Eldar Avatars, Daemon Knights, DeffKnights, and CarniDreads, lol. So the results should be pretty awesome.

The rest of the rules are here (http://blog.spikeybits.com/2011/03/40k-contest-dreadknight-mega-build.html)

and yes actually giving the REST of the armies inspiration to work on this model is a good idea :p

Necron2.0
03-18-2011, 12:31 AM
Two words: "Penitent Engine"

zenjah
03-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Two words: "Penitent Engine"

Sisters wear power armor...

Maelstorm
03-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Piloted by a Necron Lord with a Resurrection Orb and Warscythe - - It gets back up!

Necron2.0
03-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Sisters wear power armor...

Penitents don't. Penitents don't wear anything. Additionally, neither are Sisters considered Astartes, so it's all go.