PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on Dreds and Kans

Grabula
03-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Hey all, expanding my mekboy army and just wanted to clarify a couple of things.

first, do I get one Dred as a troop choice for EACH mek I take or is it one Dred as a troop choice no matter how many meks?

Second, assuming the latter, the most dreds and kans I can have is effectively 3 heavy slots and one troop slot worth yes?

Finally, if I use the mek dred from FW (ordered a few days ago but I can't find the rules for it) does this count as a mek that also gives me the dred as a troop choice?

I'm basically working to get as many kans and dreds as I can and looking for some clarification.

blackarmchair
03-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Basically, you can get 1x Dread as a troop for EACH big mek you take as an HQ. So that means your best bet for fielding as many dreads and kans as possible is 2 Big Meks (with kff I hope) which gives you 2 dreads as troops and three sets of three kans as heavies.

I don't THINK that the FW Mek Dread would count unless it says somewhere its rules that it does (or you and your opponent agree that it does).

As a side note, this really doesn't belong in the list section. Maybe you could post your armylist? Then it would fit.

Grabula
03-13-2011, 02:18 PM
if it's in the wrong place my apologies. If it helps, this is the list I'm slowly working on, it's admittedly an oddball list but that's sort of my schtick lol.

HQ
Big Mek - KFF
Big Mek - KFF

Elite
15 Lootas
10 Meganobz

Troops
Deff Dred
Deff Dred
12 Boyz/trukk
12 boyz/trukk

Fast Attack
20 Stormboyz + Boss Zagstrukk
5 DeffKoptas

Heavy Support
3 Killa Kans
3 Killa Kans
3 Killa Kans

I'm still working on the list but that's about it. I'm going to try to keep options down for each unit as I'm rolling with a lot of high point cost units in the first place. The overriding theme is that the "boss" of my army the Mekboy and his 'prentice, surround themselves with all the products of technology they can., Kans and Dreds, rokkit packs and vehicles. I'll attempt to add to troops, and I'm contemplating adding a unit or two of grots.
I realize the build goes against common ork wisdom - the more the merrier - but I'm not one to go with common wisdom :D. So far I really like the way this army is rolling. For expansion into Apocolypse games I own a scratch built Stompa and Bomba and plan on adding another Stompa, plus I've purchased 2 mega dreads and some other equipment from forgeworld.