PDA

View Full Version : What Color do You use for Forceweapons?

ScrutMaster
03-13-2011, 10:56 AM
I normally use blue, but recently I've been toying with the idea of using purples & pinks to represent the psychic energys enveloping the weapon.

http://eu.cityofheroes.com/images/powers/psychic_scream.jpg

something like that. So that brings me to the title. What color do you use for power / force weapons?

gwensdad
03-13-2011, 11:38 AM
I use a green for force and blue for power. Not sure why I did it that way, just started to and continued ever since.

ScrutMaster
03-13-2011, 11:47 AM
I've always used either reds or blues for power weapons and force weapons blue. But I'm deffinately going to give purples/pinks a try for force weapons to represent psychic energy and see how it looks. I think if done right it could look pretty cool.

MaltonNecromancer
03-13-2011, 02:08 PM
I like green for force, blue for power/plasma, and purple for poison.

I don't think it matters too much, so long as you are consistent across the army.

turiya64
03-13-2011, 02:09 PM
i have ben useing purple for a wile now i think it looks good. i just coat the blade in boltgun then add little lighting marks in hormagaunt purple then a little skull whire on the top of some of the lighting marks and wash in leviathan purple. it is simple fast and looks good

Connjurus
03-13-2011, 02:12 PM
As a Chaos player, I use flat black with a shiny 'ardcoat, and silver around the edges for power weapons, and then purple for force weapons.

phoenix01
03-13-2011, 02:21 PM
I use green for force weapons and psychic hoods. Blue is plasma and power weapons. Red flame effects for relic blades.

Duke
03-13-2011, 03:46 PM
I use blue for every thing... But just because usually in my armies (marines) it is obvious who is a psyker and who just has a power weapon.

Duke

gcsmith
03-13-2011, 04:01 PM
well since all plasma we see is yelow, I like yellow for plasma guns, :p
Blue for power/force weapons make sence since the force field should be at the upper end of the electomagnetic spectrum. THo green makes sence based on gamma.

harrybuttwhisker
03-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Im pretty sure real plasma is pink iirc

Connjurus
03-13-2011, 04:43 PM
I thought it depended on the temperature, myself.

Mr.Pickelz
03-13-2011, 11:16 PM
since Grey knights get all force weaps/power weapons. I'm just goin to do all their weapons silver/metal with some blue and white dry brushing. While having it going from heavier, at the hand guard of the weapon, to lighter at the edge of the blade.

ScrutMaster
03-14-2011, 12:58 AM
i have ben useing purple for a wile now i think it looks good. i just coat the blade in boltgun then add little lighting marks in hormagaunt purple then a little skull whire on the top of some of the lighting marks and wash in leviathan purple. it is simple fast and looks good

I would definately like to see pictures of it to see what it looks like, that was one of the things I thought about doing.

Deadlift
03-14-2011, 01:06 AM
I use the NMM technique on my force weapons but start with a black blade and then work up from a very dark chosen colour adding for white to the mix as I go or if its red then I add orange. My Knights of Blood chapter master conversion has a green power sword weapon and I like how it came out just fine. It was my first attempt at a NMM way of painting and although far from perfect I have had lots of complements. :D

ScrutMaster
03-14-2011, 01:28 AM
Need to do a few test mini's using a few different techniques to decide which one I like best. One of the things I can't decide is whether to make the glow coming from the middle of the blade ie (brightest points of the sword are the middle) or make the edges bright and the middle darker.

Deadlift
03-14-2011, 01:56 AM
If you have access to the blood angels dex then have a look at the sanguinary guards weapons, they have lightning coming of the slightly raised rods which are at the base of the blades on the weapons, if your going to go with the lightning effect then I think this way of doing it is perfect (i did it on mine). And although mine didn't come out as well as the heavy metal painters I am happy with the results. :D

gcsmith
03-14-2011, 03:25 AM
well given the surface of the sun. a huge ball of plasma is yellow/light brown.
Fire is also plasma, tho it does contain blue.

Generally Tho I guess plasma gun which burn as hot as the stars of the heart would be white or blue :p when looking at it.
Because they are so hot, the electrons rise to such a high energy state causing the photons to be released as they fall back down, to be blue, or a mixture of colours so white. such as white hot.
Tho tbh they could be so hot like a neutron star they they give off xrays instead so be black :p

somerandomdude
03-14-2011, 06:36 AM
Lightning and ball lightning are also forms of plasma, and can be white, blue, green, etc... I'm pretty sure it has to do with the gas that it is made from, not the temperature, as neon signs are plasma, and those are different colors depending on the gas.

Unless we're talking about blood plasma, which is yellow. But why would you shoot the enemy with that?

Connjurus
03-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Unless we're talking about blood plasma, which is yellow. But why would you shoot the enemy with that?

Duh, Khorne.

I'm going to make a sect of Khorne Berzerkers now with white armor and red trim, and red crosses on the shoulder pads...

"Donate blood and plasma today! FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

gcsmith
03-14-2011, 10:51 AM
they could be the sanguinius priests, using the BA rules for khorne???

Meph
03-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Well, I've been using green for the power weapons my Blood Angels, to nicely complement the red. But on the newer models I'm going to ditch that all together and just go with metallics. Still looks the best I believe

turiya64
03-20-2011, 06:21 PM
hear is a pic of what i was talking about i warn you thow i am no expert painter.

http://workshopwarriors.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/custspear2.png

there are a few more shots at my blog of some other weps done that way but they mostaly all look like this :)

http://www.workshopwarriors.com