PDA

View Full Version : Oders From Forgeworld

aycee71
03-13-2011, 09:53 AM
I ordered some Eldar kits from Forgeworld (three Wasp Assault Walkers, Warp Hunter and a flyer). It's been several weeks now and I got an email that says it was shipped. How long should I give them before I start getting worried that they disappeared into the warp? I blame Chaos for that. They were being shipped to New Mexico so I know they have to cross most of the continental states.

Farseer Aycee

gcsmith
03-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Several weeks should be more than enough. Complain. FW are famous for not actually shipping so when you complain and they ship out a NEW order u get both.

That or they went by royal mail so are sitting in some british mans apartment :p

Firebird
03-13-2011, 10:15 AM
If you Did the Express shipping they ship normaly within a day or so as long as its not being released the same week you order it, if you are worried give them a call :)

Defenestratus
03-13-2011, 11:10 AM
I always pay for express shipping. Why you ask? Because I'm rich and I hate waiting. :P

No really... because I've had heinous experiences with the "standard" shipping.

WIth Express shipping, the day it ships till the day it arrives on my doorstep here in Florida typically numbers 7-10 days.

Check "My account" to see if it actually shipped. Also, Forgeworld - UNLIKE BATTLEFOAM - are very very good at providing shipping information when you ask for it via email.

TheBitzBarn
03-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Wow 7-10 days when I place orders it take 5 days max to Georgia using express

hisdudeness
03-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Same here, 5-6 days max to Texas. Even the Northeastern storm only added a day on my last order.

Standard shipping can be as long as 5-6 weeks.

As others have said, shoot an email if you are worried. I have had nothing but the best customer support from Forgeworld.

Mr.Pickelz
03-14-2011, 12:07 AM
it took 2 weeks for me and a friend to get our order, however that was because they had to make some of his tau BFG units. but when it was shipped it took i think 5-7 days. With expressed shipping.

sangrail777
03-14-2011, 12:13 AM
I would complian already. Call'em they do work it out rather quicklly when they know there is a problem.
Every time that happened to me I would call and then within a week I would get my stuff.

chromedog
03-14-2011, 12:38 AM
I've heard it takes longer to get to you Americans because of your department of homeless insecurity and their decree that airmail PARCELS can only enter the us by dedicated CARGO aircraft (not carried by any and every passenger aircraft).
This would add several days at least to the trip (as the dedicated carriers would allocate space to their own stuff first).

DrLove42
03-14-2011, 03:27 AM
Yeah, here in England i order normal delivery and it gets here inside 3-4 days. Express is next day :P

TSINI
03-14-2011, 04:36 PM
vaguely on topic: I ordered some vinyl for my car from america, and it took around 2 weeks for it to arrive after shipping from their location.

Forgeworld themselves can be either extremely fast, or face bashingly slow. I've had both extremes, weeks of pacing around waiting for the posty to give me yet more leaflets on cheap foreign food.

my last order however was actually an advance order, and it arrived several weeks before the release date, and barely a week after I ordered it.

they seem a friendly bunch though, so no harm in a quick email, or phonecall if you're feeling flush.

Regnir
03-14-2011, 10:10 PM
I concur. I order a lot from Forgeworld and I normally pay for express and get my packages with 7 days(I am in the US) of placing the order, unless the piece that I've ordered is not already cast and they are backlogged, but they've always been kind enough to let me know of that fact when I call. If you log into their website with the user/pass that you hopefully created and ordered under, they will update it once the items ship.

Unfortunately, they still haven't worked out a bug that prevents UPS tracking information from automatically being added to that orders page when you pay for express shipping. But they'll have the tracking number for you if you give them a phone call.

I did just order a TCCW for my Chaos Reaver Titan, and decided to just let it ship via normal parcel post. It took just about six weeks to get here. Meanwhile, a week after I ordered that fist I placed an order for a Nightwing to convert for my Dark Eldar army, paid for express, and that arrived 6 days later.

With normal post to the US, it generally comes down to:

1) Did they have the kits already cast? If not, you incur some wait time while they get to your order.
2) Once cast, did Customs decide to keep your package in queue waiting to get greenlit through? Seems to be happening more and more these days.

Honestly, I wouldn't call them until you hit the six week mark.

Mystery.Shadow
03-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Anyone notice that this thread stinks?

"Oders" from Forgeworld. I've ordered many times from Forgeworld. But never got any strange odors.

Most of the time my FLGS and/or Game Club will pool together to get the FREE Express Shipping.
Once the money is collected (deadlines help!) the order is placed on Monday and by Wednesday that week the stuff arrives! Yeah, it's THAT fast!

Once in a great while an item is backorderd, and those few items, if any, arrive a few days later.

Crotch Lictor
03-16-2011, 01:04 PM
I had an order for some Shadow Specters that I placed in January, standard shipping. I just got them yesterday. Some of the pieces were pretty warped, so I guess I'll be dipping them in hot water to try and correct them.

They arrived in a box that appeared to have been reused. From a town adjacent to mine, even. Not sure what that was all about.

sangrail777
03-17-2011, 01:36 AM
just ordered a Mars pattern Warhound on friday and it got here on tuesday. I'd say thats quick.