PDA

View Full Version : Scythes of the Emperor markings

ScrutMaster
03-12-2011, 01:44 AM
Going to start work in a Scythes of the Emperor force, I've been wanting to do one for years now and I've finally begun. But the biggest snag I've run into is how do I go about marking the veterans and or seargents and 1st company. Thinking the terminators should just be all yellow with black shoulders?

ScrutMaster
03-12-2011, 12:06 PM
After doing some more internet snooping, Didn't turn up much other then the Scythes are a codex adhereing chapter. So would I be safe to follow the company markings lined out in the Spacemarine dex seeing as the Scythes are a Ultramarines successor?

harrybuttwhisker
03-12-2011, 02:18 PM
THere is very little hard and fast stuff out there, mostly White dwarf fluff and the short story "orphans of the kraken" originally yes they do seem to be codex, I have seen some examples of PA vet sergeants with red helmets, though nothing solid. Going of what I've seen on the net and old art the terminators do appear to be all yellow with black shoulder pads though you need to decide wether to do portray the chapter pre or post devastation at the hands of hive fleet kraken as this would affect the disposition of troops available to them if you wanted to stay fluffy.

Feel free to peruse my blog following the link in my sig or my blog on here for some scythes inspiration

ScrutMaster
03-13-2011, 02:37 AM
Yeah I had a hard time finding anything that gave me a good idea of how to do markings as far as veterency or company markings. I'm not concerned with what unit types I'm going to be restricted to so I guess you could say I'm shooting for pre Sotha.
A friend of mine tells me the chest eagles are supposed to be green for the Scythes, I'm not too sure about that. We figured that It would be fine to mark Veteran Sgts with a red helmet and white stripe or laurels and Veterans with white helmets.
I remember seeing somewhere that another way to show veterency was that vets had 2 scythes on the shoulder while non-vets had 1 and that the first company had the Emperor riding the horse weilding a scythe for they're badge.

gwensdad
03-13-2011, 11:37 AM
I've never seen green for chest markings, I always just used black and yellow, then codex markings for (pre-sotha) company.

It's very possible that the "veteran company" either uses veteran markings for everything or the markings of 3rd company (where I believe (without looking at the background) the current chapter master was captain)