PDA

View Full Version : What kind of iconry would inquisitors henchmen carry?

miwashi
03-10-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm currently sculpting some henchmen miniatures and am interested in knowing what kind of symbols they'd carry. So far I have a mystic and hospitaller, and I can give the mystic a book hanging off the waist in a pouch, but would the Inquisitor's symbol be out of place on its cover? How about on necklaces and other ornaments?

Necron2.0
03-10-2011, 09:13 PM
http://www.victorialamb.com/wugs/inquisition%20gallery/images/inquisitors.jpg (http://www.victorialamb.com/store.html)

In seriousness, though, I imagine the =I= symbol would be everywhere. If you look at the models, even the victims strapped into the Penitent Engines have that symbol emblazoned on them.

That and skulls ... lots and LOTS of skulls.

fuzzbuket
03-11-2011, 01:23 AM
lots of =][='s skulls wreaths and the stuff
henchmen arnt usually officail imperial employee's so its up to them
if its a putiran =][= thered be no problem with I's eagles wreaths skulls and that stuff!

doom-kitten
03-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Generally the models I have use the Inguistional I alot aleast twice a model, they'll often have the Imperial Aquila replacing the Eagles with the I inbetween the wings, Adeptus Sorotias have the Fleur da Lie (Hospitilars and Sister Dialogus). Other than that skulls, and fire.

Brass Scorpion
03-11-2011, 01:05 PM
What kind of iconry would inquisitors henchmen carry?That's "iconography", not "iconry".

wittdooley
03-11-2011, 02:32 PM
That's "iconography", not "iconry".

Hooray for constructive input.

Anyway, I'd think the more puritanical Inquisitorial henchmen would also have some scrollwork dangling about them here and there. For the more radical ones, you could potentially put some fetishes or xenos-type artifacts on them; I believe one of the Iniquisitors in the book actually uses a few Xenos devices.

Hold on... egregious grammatical errors at all? Hmm. Nope.

Safe to post.

FTE-Charge!!!
03-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Good suggestions so far on the page; but do you see your henchmen performing 'covert' inquisitorial work, or the more common 'flashy armor, big weapon' warrior look?

If its the second you crave most of the existing henchman models serve as great inspiration, but also check out the larger Inquisitor range. Those models are gorgeous with detail and can give you a good idea of what kind of symbols would do best.

chromedog
03-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Hooray for constructive input.

It WAS helpful. It is often more helpful to post with the correct terminology in order to get more accurate or better responses. If you use the wrong phrase or term, you will often get errors compounding due to this.

They would carry the same kind of iconoGRAPHY that every other GW 40k model has.
Skulls and spikes and spiked skulls with skulls on their spiky bits.

Certain units would carry iconography (inquisitor lords and lesser inquisitors) but underlings and scuts would probably not.

scadugenga
03-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Personally, outside of the inquisitorial rosette, they're probably pretty individual.

If you've read the different BL novels, henchmen/agents seem to be pretty independent.

miwashi
03-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks fr all the suggestions. A little OT now but what kind of weapons would they carry? I noticed the miniatures have a lot of flame weapons. Would bolters and bolt pistols be out as they're rarely available except to marines?

fuzzbuket
03-14-2011, 10:48 AM
no they liek flamers because they BUUUURRRRRRRNNNNNNNN the unclean but boltguns, hellguns, erviscator plasma guns and the like are all avaliable

doom-kitten
03-14-2011, 10:59 AM
It WAS helpful. It is often more helpful to post with the correct terminology in order to get more accurate or better responses. If you use the wrong phrase or term, you will often get errors compounding due to this.

They would carry the same kind of iconoGRAPHY that every other GW 40k model has.
Skulls and spikes and spiked skulls with skulls on their spiky bits.

Certain units would carry iconography (inquisitor lords and lesser inquisitors) but underlings and scuts would probably not.

Actually the underlings I have carry more ICONOGRAPHY than the inquisitors almost twice as much XD