PDA

View Full Version : noob eldar players

blueshift
03-10-2011, 08:21 PM
i was gluing together drop pod #5 and listening to the tv. between my screams of frustration and pulling apart my glue-covered fingers when i heard women talking about equality. when i turned my head, i was surprised not to see the bra-burning, hairy-pitted greasy 60s hippies but modern women stating their views about equality.

i thought to myself: why do chicks always play eldar/dark eldar? because they like the idea of a 40,000 year-old(see footnote) mega-***** doing triple backflips and spearing a carnifex in the face? or rather, triple backflips and stabbing a testosterone-spewing arrogant male human in the penis?

did i miss anyone? salamanders with du-rags? tau models with yellow skin?

footnote: i still apply the old lore of the phoenix lords: old as piss. not a 10 year old guardian with a helmet that won't fit him.

eldargal
03-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Have any statistics to back that up?

Ok, I admit I play Eldar. But of the ten or so female in my game group we have (by main army only):

Two tyranid player
One Ork player
One Black Templar
Two Eldar
One Space Wolves
One Blood Angels
Two SoB

We all have multiple armies, too. Though I have to admit mine is also Dark Eldar, until we get plastic SoB.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
03-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Ehhhh, you're probably over/misthinking it. Judging from your post, your background in feminist/equal rights movements and psychology isn't quite comprehensive, and I'd simply suggest that people play an army whose theme they find aesthetically pleasing/with gripping fluff, rather than picking armies based on deep-rooted, semi-subconcious anti-patriarchal society urges. This is still plastic toy soldiers, after all.

blueshift
03-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Ehhhh, you're probably over/misthinking it. Judging from your post, your background in feminist/equal rights movements and psychology isn't quite comprehensive, and I'd simply suggest that people play an army whose theme they find aesthetically pleasing/with gripping fluff, rather than picking armies based on deep-rooted, semi-subconcious anti-patriarchal society urges. This is still plastic toy soldiers, after all.

troll completed. :D

Emerald Rose Widow
03-12-2011, 04:27 PM
lol, trolling troll is trolling

I actually play Tyranid myself though, and the next one I'm going for is Tau. Only girly army I plan on playing at any point are the sisters some day, if they come out with good plastic models and a new set.

Drew da Destroya
03-14-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm male, but play the Dark Eldar as a secondary army. My primary are Orks, who are genderless (but very stereotypically male, I guess. Fast cars, loud guns, fighting, and explosions?).

I'm pretty interested in the Sisters, too, but I probably won't pick them up.