PDA

View Full Version : SM Shoulder pads for a Logan Grimnar army?

mordiano
03-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi all!

Iīm collecting a Space wolves army. They are realy quite nice thoose minis.. and the fluff!!

OK so my friend has SWs as well, painted up as Ragnars company. Therefore, and because they are cooler, I would like to have my guys beeing Logans company.

But how do I do it? I had mixed succes (i.e. failure) with the transfers; some coming of and others just beeing wrinkled etc.

From there I started thinking about resin/metal pads... I think it would be the best solution.

Or freehand???

How do I do this?

regards,

mordiano

hisdudeness
03-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Try these:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440338a&prodId=prod1110194

wittdooley
03-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Hi all!

Iīm collecting a Space wolves army. They are realy quite nice thoose minis.. and the fluff!!

OK so my friend has SWs as well, painted up as Ragnars company. Therefore, and because they are cooler, I would like to have my guys beeing Logans company.

But how do I do it? I had mixed succes (i.e. failure) with the transfers; some coming of and others just beeing wrinkled etc.

From there I started thinking about resin/metal pads... I think it would be the best solution.

Or freehand???

How do I do this?

regards,

mordiano

Can I ask how you're trying to apply your transfers?

ochs
03-10-2011, 04:02 PM
I've been able to do it freehand

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49935852@N07/5402930061/

mordiano
03-11-2011, 04:11 AM
Thanks for your ideas folks:

So basically the stuff in GWs page is all Ragnar stuff - The "standard" company.

As for freehanding - exellent result!!! But what about time? Would you consider it for like 50 dudes??

Does that bring me back to the transfers???

Well I applied them by first soaking them in water on a jar lid, then applying the transfer with a larger brush.

I didnīt coat them with anything.. perhaps a varnish??

For the great wolf!!!

:D

Whoop!
03-14-2011, 06:38 AM
I am using Erik Morkai's Great Company, and since I have over 100 models in my collection I use the transfers. I used to lose about half of them, but now I get about 90%. I also do my shoulderpads seperated from the figures, and a whole bunch at once.
In my experience putting a clear sealcoat over the transfers is mandatory. GW sells a clear coat that I have been using. If you are going to use a non GW make sure you use a latex, oils and shellacs yellow over time so your great wolf would end up on a yellow field instead of white.

I can't consider freehand, as I have had multiple surgeries on my wrist, and have lost the ability:(

wittdooley
03-14-2011, 07:18 AM
Thanks for your ideas folks:

So basically the stuff in GWs page is all Ragnar stuff - The "standard" company.

As for freehanding - exellent result!!! But what about time? Would you consider it for like 50 dudes??

Does that bring me back to the transfers???

Well I applied them by first soaking them in water on a jar lid, then applying the transfer with a larger brush.

I didnīt coat them with anything.. perhaps a varnish??

For the great wolf!!!

:D

Transfer application is much, much easier if you use Micro Sol and Micro Set. They're intended for just that application, cost about $10 total, come in bottles that will last mostly forever, and make things infinitely easier.