PDA

View Full Version : Huron

Firebird
03-07-2011, 11:26 AM
I have to ask this question why in the imperial armour book does Huron Have terminator Armour, but in Chaos Codex he has power armour thats damaged from a melta blast...............This drives me nuts

wittdooley
03-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Because the Chaos codex is old and not up to date?

jorz192
03-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Don't they represent different periods of time? The Huron Blackheart in the CSM codex has been renegade for awhile.

I haven't read the imperial armor so I am pretty much guessing.

wittdooley
03-07-2011, 02:17 PM
No, you're right. I guess the question becomes why is he 'downgrading' from Terminator Armour to Power Armour. I think the key thing to remember is that any veteran marine that has Terminator armour also has a set of power/artificer armour. There are instances in the fluff where a typically terminator-clad marine wears his power armour instead; just look at Calgar.

FWIW, the IA Badab books are simply badazz. Worth every dime.

Grailkeeper
03-07-2011, 02:47 PM
What witt said- or any power armoured marine with terminator honours- tehy are eligible to wear terminator wargear.

For a while I thought marine can't take off their armour, and do their entire daily routine in armour. Not true. but if it were Terminator marines would be in a lot of trouble banging into stuff etc

Grailkeeper
03-07-2011, 02:48 PM
One problem- Melta damaged armour- we know Huron was harmed by melta weapons. It would seem logical he was wearing the armour which was damaged at teh time. If he was downgrading to power amour I'm surry he could lay his hands on a set of undamaged armour.

Firebird
03-07-2011, 05:52 PM
In the imperial Armour he was wearing his terminator armour in the melta blast, and his power armour he is wearing now is damaged from "supposedly" the same blast. Thats what i have an issue with

bocirish
03-08-2011, 04:23 AM
Hoping not to sound like an idiot, but could it be possible that term armor is actually worn over power armor or in conjunction with some of it? Never really read anything to confirm or deny myself, and I've been playing since rogue traitor. But then again its four in the morning and thats usually about the time my brain shuts down... quite sorry if this is the stupidest thing you ever heard.

JxKxR
03-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Hoping not to sound like an idiot, but could it be possible that term armor is actually worn over power armor or in conjunction with some of it? Never really read anything to confirm or deny myself, and I've been playing since rogue traitor. But then again its four in the morning and thats usually about the time my brain shuts down... quite sorry if this is the stupidest thing you ever heard.

If you are stupid then at least you are not alone because I have wondered the same thing.

Brotherjames
03-21-2011, 11:34 PM
I'd believe that termie armor is worn in conjuction with pwr armor. I just got a venerable dredie and the marine interned in it has his armor on under the sarcoughagas.

Fellend
03-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Daemonically reforged?

Azrell
03-25-2011, 03:45 AM
Check your time lines, in the old chaos dex as well as the newish one the badabb wars happened relatively recently. I think its also in the timeline in the BRB but im not home to check right now.

Its also worth noting that the imperial system for time stamping has an extra number that accounts for a variance because of warp travel/communication. So the date of his rebellion could likely be off by a thousand years give or take. Cuz, hey when you send you mail through a alternate reality with no time whos to say it wont get there 500 years before you send it?

Xenith
03-28-2011, 01:18 PM
I'd believe that termie armor is worn in conjuction with pwr armor. I just got a venerable dredie and the marine interned in it has his armor on under the sarcoughagas.

Check out the Space hulk rulebook, theres a pic of a marine getting termie armour put on:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=3800024a

I dont think that they wear power armour beneath, Im not sure if the two sets would interact so well.