PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Dread-Heavy Blood Angels

darkninja962
03-04-2011, 03:44 PM
I've wanted to do an army like this for a very long time. It just has a bunch of Dreads in it.

Chaplain Reclusiarch

5 Death Company models
- 1 Power Weapon

2 - 10 man strong Tactical Squads
- Missile Launcher
- Flamer

Storm Raven
- Exchange Heavy Bolter for Multi-Melta
- Add on Hurricane Bolters

1 - Death Company Dread

3 - Furioso Dreads
- Extra Armour
- Drop Pod

3 - Regular Dreads
- 2 Twin-Linked Autocannons

Basically the Death Company with Chaplain and the Death Company Dread are mounted no the Storm Raven start in reserve with the 3 Furioso Dreads deep striking. I've played 1 game with this and it went decently well with me putting everything in reserve. There were enough things that luckily I wasn't hurt by only 1 or 2 things coming in.

Has anyone seen armies like this before? Again, I just like seeing the dreads no the table. I would consider dropping the Storm Raven if that meant adding an extra Death Company Dread, but it looks like the points on that wouldn't work out. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I guess if I drop the Storm raven I can toss in another 5 Death Company, 1 Death Company Dread, give both of those Death Company Dreads a drop pod and just not have a transport at all. Thoughts on that one too?

Brother Cruorem
03-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Not a bad list, but it's not legal. You have 4 Heavies in the army. You could take out one of the Rifleman Dreads then give your tac squads and other 2 Rifleman Dreads drop pod. This way you would have 7 drop pods and then 4 of your dreads could drop first turn. I might suggest turning one of those rifleman dreads into one with a multi-melta and a heavy flamer. It would give you a more reliable tank buster that could still kill infantry.