PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels 2000

Duke
09-01-2009, 10:10 AM
here is my 2k BA list, ideas and help welcome. I would like to include a Furioso death co. ven. dread in here somehow, so Ideas on that are greatly appreciated.

2000 pts list

Dante
Corbulo

5 Death Company
- Jump packs

Honour Guard
techmarine, Banner, 2x p weps. apoth.
razorback (TL HVy bolter)

Honour guard
Same

Assault squad: (6 man)
power weapon
razorback (TL Hvy bolter)
- Corbulo rides with them

Tac Squad: 10 man
-Multi Melta, Melta Gun, Power fist
Rhino
(generally combat squaded

Tac Squad:
Same

2 M. Melta attack bikes
2 M. Melta attack bikes

Predator
-TL lascannons, no sponsons

Predator
-Same

Duke
09-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Ok, IM posting to my own thread just to inspire someone to make a comment. NO love for BA.

Saint Omerville
09-02-2009, 09:32 AM
I do not see how Dante fits into the mix does he join the Death Company... Your honor guards seem a bit heavy in points.
I am not a huge fan of the list as I think it would be more effective if you drop Corbs, get Lemartes and put some more guys with Jump Packs in.
Just my opinion.
-Mike

Unpresentable
09-02-2009, 01:33 PM
First I agree with the HQ choices. But I have to say your dumping a lot of points into those honour guard. I'd personally swap them out for just plan Assault squads or Veteran assault squads if you must. Second you have a ton of Anti-Tank. 6 Multi Meltas, 2+1 (dante's) Melta Guns, and 2 TLLCs. I think you could cut out those Preds and the honour guard to fit in maybe some baal preds? or some Furioso Dreads? and some RASs.

Remember you don't want to wipe out your opponents squads on the charge. Otherwise your stuck out in the open on his turn to get shot etc.

mkerr
09-02-2009, 03:09 PM
here is my 2k BA list, ideas and help welcome.

I'm suffering from the "I like my army list a lot and have a hard time seeing that there are other options" problem that's common to most of us "40K Tacticians". I really like the BA list I've been playing and find that it can stand up to most competitive armies.

So keep in mind that I'm a bit myopic when I made these comments, lol:

0. I'm not seeing how the elements of this army work together. A lot of the pieces are good, but to compete with IG and SM armies you need an army where all of the elements support each other. Blood Angels in particular need to be able to force 1500pts of models down an enemy's throat on turn two.

1. Dante and Corbulo are must haves in a competitive BA army. Their overlapping "Jean Claude Venn Diagram" auras are just too good to pass up.

2. I think that 5 Death Company is too few. You want them to last through two separate close combats in the average game. I really think that you need at least 8 to make them work (assuming you have at least one Exsanguinator nearby -- two is better).

3. I don't like Honor Guard in transports. They need to be in Exsanguinator range at all times and Razorbacks are too fragile. Two immobilized results and your Honor Guard are on foot trying to keep up with the Death Company. That's no good.

4. I've never tried a Techmarine in an Honor Guard unit, but I've considered it from time to time. The BA Chapter Banner and Sanguinary Priest are "must haves" for me and I just can't fit them into 2000pt army lists. There is an interesting idea of Furioso Dreads and Tech Priests that might work well together -- I'll have to think about it.

5. Three Exsanguinators is hardcore. I'd love to see if they work out, but I've got a feeling that the Razorbacks are going to prove too fragile. I've tried two Exsanguinators in a Landraider before (awesome), but I've never worked three into a 2000pt game.

6. I recommend a heavier heavy weapon in your tactical squads (if you plan on combat squadding them). I have a lot of success with Lascannons -- mainly because my opponent is too focused on taking out my advancing assault to deal with them.

7. Power Weapons are much better than Power Fists in Dante/Corbulo armies. You really want to take advantage of that I5 with re-rolls.

8. I think we've already talked about my dislike for MM attack bikes. I understand their value, but I really don't like them. With Dante you don't really need a lot of anti-tank. Your assault forces can deal with anything that's AV10 or AV11 on the rear and Preferred Enemy Krak Grenades can deal nicely with walkers.

9. I really love Baal Predators. It is one of my favorite ways to differentiate my army from codex marines. I find they are very useful when dealing with light armor and hordes. Someday I'm going to put Heavy Flamers on them and see how that work, but I suspect it will be AWESOME!

If you proxy or build this army, please let me know how it works out. I'm very curious about triple exsanguinators and am very happy to see another Blood Angels player in the mix!

-- mkerr

Duke
09-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Do save space Im just going to reply in general, and not hit on every point.

HQ: Blood Angels Rule #1: There are no other HQ's in BA lists expcept for Dante/ Corbulo (Chuck Norris' soul was split in half and created Dante and Corbulo)

Honour Guard:All in all I do think that the Honour guard is expensive (around 300 pts). I like that they are super-killey, but against horde they will get pulled down I think. With the new edition I like them in a transport due to vehicles being more tough. I am thinking about putting them in a LR crusader/ Redemmer. I have used the tech marine to fix the fragile Razorback and give a power wep, but I cuold save a lot of points dumping him.

Tac Squads: I like the MM in the squads, but if I drop the Preds then I will change it to be a lascannon for the 'reach out and touch you' feeling. However, I am always suprised how long 24" is and that AP 1 is great!
I am also going to change out the P.Fist for the P. Wep.

Death Co: I would love to find a way to get more of these psycho-Vampires

MM attack bikes: I love these guys, in my last game they insta killed a Termie Lord, and took out 2 defilers, one Rhino and 4 termies. They are like Ninjas with nukes!

Other: I would love to see 2 BAal Preds and a Furisoso death co ven dread in the list... Well see if I can make that happen.

CONCLUSION:
- Maybe kill one honour guard and pick up a LR for the remaining HG (Attatch corbulo to this unit) Is this too many points in one unit? (500+) Or maybe try to get more DC and put them in the LR?!
- Kill both Las Preds and try to fit in a Baal Pred and Furioso.
- if I kill the preds then make MM in tac squds into Lascannons

For Sanguinius and the Emperor!
-Duke

Duke
09-04-2009, 08:35 AM
COMMENTS WELCOME!

In case anyone wanted to know I have changed my list up a bit. (From memory)

Dante
Corbulo

H.G.
- Sang priest
- tech Marine
- Chapter banner
- company champion
2 power weapons
- Razorback

RAS (5 man)
-Rhino

Ras (5 man)
-Rhino

Tac Squad
10 man
- M gun
- las cannon
- P wep
- Razorback

Tac Squad
10 man
-m gun
- lascannon
- p wep
- Razorback

2 MM attack bikes
2 MM attack bikes

Baal Pred
-HVy bolter sponsons
- Storm bolter

Baal Pred
- Hvy BOlter sponsons
-Storm Bolter

Furioso Dread
-Death Co.
-Ven.

5 Death Company
-J packs
I am only a few points over 2000, so I need to do a little shaving (I think it will come from the H.G.) but all in all I like the list. I was thinking of shaving even a little more off the H.G. and making the RAS into VAS but other than that keeping the list the same. C&C welcome!