PDA

View Full Version : Lamenters 1500 - newbie to Blood Angels all comments welcome

albertsevil
03-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Hello there.

I have, through things acquired, recycled and found in a big box of spares, found myself in possession of good number of space marines and blood angel bits. I love the Lamenter fluff (IA9 & 10!) so here goes my first shoot at a 1500 Lamenter list. I have never played with BA before (have against) so all comments are welcome.

Librarian (Blood lance + wings of Sanguinius) 100

Furioso dreadnought (Blood talons) 125
Furioso dreadnought (Librarian) 175

Assault marines x 10 (melta x 2 + powerfist) 235
Assault marines x 10 (melta x 2 + powerfist) 235
Tactical marines x 10 (lascannon + plasma gun + powerfist + las/plas razorback) 300

Devastators x 10 (lascannon x 1 + plasma cannon x 3 + las/plas razorback) 330

Total = 1500

So what do people think?

I am debating not upgrading one dreadnought to librarian, what are people's experiences?
And the razorbacks worry me. Rhino's are cheaper but support the heavy weapons less... I do like assault cannon razor backs, but baal predators would fulfill a better roll.
I am thinking of having one assault squad with 2 plasma pistols and a power weapon.

The gist is I would like to build an army different to anything I've done before. I have never used razorbacks, assault marines or devastators. Or land speeders, land raiders and predators, but I don't have those. What I do have, besides the models above, are a set of 5 honour guard, a chaplain, drop pod, techmarine, Malakim Phoros / Dante conversion (will magnetise the back pack), sanguinary priest, a multi-melta arm for a dreadnought, and a tonne of spare weapons and bits and pieces.

So, any and all comments are welcome. I'd like to have a rough idea of what will work before I start building. If I can get my camera to take good photos then I will create a mini progress blog on here.

Thanks and good gaming to all.

Ryan

vyrago
03-02-2011, 06:26 PM
I think your big problem is that the Razorback only carries 6 models, not the 10 of the Rhino. You've listed two 10 man squads for 2 razorbacks. Sure, the Razorback has heavy weapons, but you lose 4 model transport 'slots'.

I'd make those 2 squads into 5 man teams and you should have roughly 200 points left for something else. liiiiiike...a land raider? or terminator squad? lots of choices for 200 (or so) points.