PDA

View Full Version : Necron Heavy Destroyer box contents?

gd99
03-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Hey there.

I was wondering that the contents of the box is for Necron Heavy Destroyers?

I know that the Destroyer Lord comes with all the regular Destroyer sprues, plus the metal body and metal arms for the Lord. This allows me to magentize the tops and swap out (if I don't use the Destroyer Lord, I can then put the regular Destroyer body/arms/head on and get one more Destroyer).

I'm wondering if the Heavy Destroyer comes with full Destroyer sprue (base, body, head, arms, weapon) plus the Heavy Destroyer body arms, weapon, etc)..

Thanks,
G

Connjurus
03-02-2011, 11:55 AM
The only thing that's added is a spine aim-targeter thing and a ****ty metal arm. Comes with everything else, but seriously, I just elongated the barrel of the regular Destroyer gun with the bit that came with my Destroyer Lord because of two things:

1) There's this little metal shoulder peg that connects the body to the gun. It is a ridiculously unnecessary weakpoint, and could have just been made as part of the gun itself.
2) THE GAUSS GREEN THINGS DON'T FIT IN THE METAL GUN.

gd99
03-02-2011, 12:40 PM
The only thing that's added is a spine aim-targeter thing and a ****ty metal arm. Comes with everything else, but seriously, I just elongated the barrel of the regular Destroyer gun with the bit that came with my Destroyer Lord because of two things:

1) There's this little metal shoulder peg that connects the body to the gun. It is a ridiculously unnecessary weakpoint, and could have just been made as part of the gun itself.
2) THE GAUSS GREEN THINGS DON'T FIT IN THE METAL GUN.

Thans for the heads up...and saving me from buying one...

Connjurus
03-02-2011, 05:30 PM
It's way easy to convert one.

chromedog
03-03-2011, 04:25 AM
A guy in my club uses dual cannons on his "heavy" destroyers and single cannons on his regular destroyers.
If he had more of the original lawn chair destroyers, he'd use them as heavies.