PDA

View Full Version : Deathwing attempt

Vexxnoir
03-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Hello was lloking back at my old dark angels models now that the new faq is out and i have time to play. Was considering doing death wing or raven wing[different post]. Came up with the following for a try at deathwing for 1750 points. Also have a few questions.
1-Do you keep belial with the power sword for INT 5 or do you swap it for thunder hammer / storm shield?
2-Is it ok to mix squads with cc/shooting? Trying to see if it will work and use the models i already have.
3-Are the landspeeders a good choice or would whirlwinds or vindi's be better?

HQ
Belial-130
Libarian in terminator armour-150

TROOPS
Deathwing squad-290 points
---2 x Thunder hammer / Storm shield[apothecary and standard bearer]
---1 x Thunder hammer / Storm Shield / Cyclone Missle
---1 x Power sword / Storm bolter
---1 x Lighting claws

2 X Deathwing squad-[235 points each]--470 points
---2 x Thunder hammer / Storm shield
---1 x Thunder hammer / Storm Shield / Cyclone Missle
---1 x Lighting claws

Deathwing Squad-250 points
---3 x Thunder hammer / Storm shield
---1 x Asualt cannon / Chainfist

Deathwing Squad-225 points
---3 x Thunder hammer / Storm shield
---1 x Heavy FLamer / Chainfist

FAST ATTACK
Raven WIng support land speeder with multi-melta and typoon missle launcher--75 points
Raven WIng support land speeder with multi-melta and typoon missle launcher--75 points

Totals exact 1750 points

Vexx

eagleboy7259
03-02-2011, 10:30 AM
With Deathwing it might be worthwhile to take a squad of Ravenwing Bikers. These units can scout move 12" allowing you to position the squad in a forward position behind cover and bring down the squads that have to use Deathwing Assault in realtive safety while still placing them in a threatening position for the next turn.

Other than that this list looks alright. I would stay go all Cyclone Missile Launchers if you have the models, just because 8 S8 AP 3 Missiles can make a mess out of just about anything in the game.

Alvena
03-02-2011, 12:07 PM
With Deathwing it might be worthwhile to take a squad of Ravenwing Bikers. These units can scout move 12" allowing you to position the squad in a forward position behind cover and bring down the squads that have to use Deathwing Assault in realtive safety while still placing them in a threatening position for the next turn.

I totally second that.

I have made my worst game ever few weeks ago with a 1500pts pure DW list.
On 5 Termies squad, Wich makes 3 Squad landing on turn 1:

1 scatter à lot and finish on terrain: deep strike mishap : unit dead
1 scatter à lot and finish on terrain :deep strike mishap : got delayed
1 Landed, & scatter a little : Unit killed by opponent

Ok, i have been à little bit unlucky, but All this would have been avoided with only one Ravenwing bike squadron.
The game last less than an hour, i didn't kill anything, my opponent wiped me.

dethangel
03-03-2011, 12:43 PM
I totally second that.

I have made my worst game ever few weeks ago with a 1500pts pure DW list.
On 5 Termies squad, Wich makes 3 Squad landing on turn 1:

1 scatter à lot and finish on terrain: deep strike mishap : unit dead
1 scatter à lot and finish on terrain :deep strike mishap : got delayed
1 Landed, & scatter a little : Unit killed by opponent

Ok, i have been à little bit unlucky, but All this would have been avoided with only one Ravenwing bike squadron.
The game last less than an hour, i didn't kill anything, my opponent wiped me.

i had a similar thing happen 2 weeks ago i lost baliel, an IChap, and 5THSS w/ CML apoth and standard barrer thats 565pts went scatter and die turn 1. then two typhoons tryin to deepstrike behind enemy tanks.scatter and die 150 pts. so at the beginning of turn 2 ive lost 715 pts to the warp( of a 1500pt game) and i hadnt taken any losses in combat, yet. i went on to a draw. the game sucked......the highlite of the game was 1 of my term squads(w/ 5THSS and CML) destroyed 2 vindicators, 1 rino, 10 1k sons, and a demon prince. afterall that combat i lost 1 term

after that i started running this list
2000pts
HQ;
Baliel w/ THSS, SB, and apothy ------185
I Chap w/ term armor------------------145
TROOP;
5 term w/ 5THSS, 1CML(SB,and IC)-------235
5 term w/ 5THSS, 1CML(Baliel)-------------235
5 term w/ 4Stb 1 pw, 1CF and AC(apoth)-250
5 term w/ 4Stb 1 pw, 1CF and AC----------250
FAST;
3 RW bikes w/ 2 meltas and Mbomb--------
1 RW attack bike w/ MM----------------------195
3 RW bikes w/ 2 flamers, PW and Mbomb--150
HEAVY;
2 vindicators 1 with StB----------------------255
not a lot of pieces but it hits hard and i dont have Deep strike misshaps. any more..:D
the shooty terms are great for taking, holding objectives, and covering fire(8 S4,4 S6( rending) per turn even when Dstriking)
once thevindicators and terms start showin up, no one even looks at the bikes. the bikes will have free reign to do what ever you want.