PDA

View Full Version : Feel No Pain and the Old Bionics

Paul
02-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Everyone,

I have a quandry. I am using the Black Templars codex to make my Logicians army and I gave my Marshal and Techmarines bionics. Then I put them in a Command Squad with an Apothecary.

The problem is, how does Feel No Pain interact with Bionics? Does each model get THREE (!) saves? Because the rules for FNP and bionics are different, obviously.

Bionics: If a model suffers a wounding hit and fails its saving throw it gets a 6+ save unless the attack was a close combat attack that ignored armor saves or an attack that caused instant death

I'm sure we're all VERY familiar with FNP.

Have at it!

BuFFo
02-28-2011, 09:09 PM
You get three dice rolls to save your toy soldier.

Mr.Pickelz
03-01-2011, 12:09 AM
yea, it looks like it would stack... yay for old rules! ;)

blackarmchair
03-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Absolutely. You get three rolls.

Hey I've seen you posting about this army a lot lately. It sounds interesting, you should post some pictures/bat reps when it gets up and running. I'd certainly be interested to see them.

Lemt
03-01-2011, 07:51 AM
I just checked the FAQ/Errata to see if it mentioned anything, and it didn't. Then I checked the wording in the codex, and I saw nothing preventing what you say.

So yeah, you get to use both IMHO. Just remember both bionics and FNP are useless against attacks that ignore armor and attacks that deal Instant Death.

Tynskel
03-01-2011, 08:18 AM
You get three dice rolls to save your toy soldier.

reminds me of my Hive Tyrant from 2nd edition:

Heavy armor: 3+ on 2d6 if failed, then
Voltage Field: 4+ on d6 if failed, then (unmodifiable)
Null Zone: 4+ on d6 (unmodifiable, usable against psychic powers and vortex grenades)

Lemt
03-01-2011, 08:41 AM
reminds me of my Hive Tyrant from 2nd edition:

Heavy armor: 3+ on 2d6 if failed, then
Voltage Field: 4+ on d6 if failed, then (unmodifiable)
Null Zone: 4+ on d6 (unmodifiable, usable against psychic powers and vortex grenades)

Damn I want that on my Tyrant. :eek:

Paul
03-01-2011, 09:53 AM
I just checked the FAQ/Errata to see if it mentioned anything, and it didn't. Then I checked the wording in the codex, and I saw nothing preventing what you say.

So yeah, you get to use both IMHO. Just remember both bionics and FNP are useless against attacks that ignore armor and attacks that deal Instant Death.

AP1 or 2 guns do not ignore Bionics though, only ignore armor CC attacks or instant death.

somerandomdude
03-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Technically, the way it is worded, you'd roll the FNP and Bionics at the same time, not one after another. It has the same effect, so it's no big deal, but that's technically what would happen (although it could be confusing).

BuFFo
03-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Technically, the way it is worded, you'd roll the FNP and Bionics at the same time, not one after another. It has the same effect, so it's no big deal, but that's technically what would happen (although it could be confusing).

You could just take three different colored dice, and roll them all at the same time if you really wanted to. Make any one of them, and the model doesn't take a wound.

Tynskel
03-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Damn I want that on my Tyrant. :eek:

Don't forget!

The voltage field also shorted out energy fields nearby, and gave the Hive Tyrant +1 strength in Close Combat.

I made a mistake, the heavy armor was actually warp field, which could also work against psychic powers n' such!