PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with this list.

blackjack
02-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Which is better in the following list?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So due to comp restrictions my list for an up comming 1850 tourney list will likely look like this.

Libby, JumpPack, (Fear the Darkness, Shield of Sang)

3x 10 Assault Marines, 2 Melta, Fist
1x 5 Scouts, Snipers, Cammo, Missile Launcher

2x Baal Preds, Twin AC, HB Sponsons
3x Preds, Auto Cannon, 2 Las Cannon Sponsons

This leaves me with 225pts.

I can either go with

A: 3 jump Sang Priests.

Or

B: 2 Jump Sang Priests with Power weapons, Infernus pistols and an Infernus on the Libby.

Or

C: Some other variant. (I thinkI need at least 2 Jump priests for this list but that leaves me with 75pts to spend)

Problem is I am not sure I need 3 sang priests to baby sit 3 ASM squads, I am also not sure I need so much gear if I only decide to go with 2 priests....

Whoop!
02-28-2011, 05:53 PM
I like door number B Jack. Just like Nana always said "Strike fast! Strike Hard!"

Lemt
02-28-2011, 06:25 PM
What are the comp restrictions? I'm not sold on the snipahs so maybe replace them, or maybe you can use some vehicles, or...

Whoop!
02-28-2011, 06:48 PM
What are the comp restrictions? I'm not sold on the snipahs so maybe replace them, or maybe you can use some vehicles, or...
now I don't run snipers myself, but I have played games where they really caused me problems. I think it depends on the general, and for some styles of play they are a valuable unit.

Are also very squishy when you catch them.

blackjack
02-28-2011, 11:40 PM
The restrictions are

No duplicate HQs
No Named Chars
More troops than any other slot (so 4 unless I kick a pred out)

blackarmchair
03-01-2011, 12:25 AM
The restrictions are

No duplicate HQs
No Named Chars
More troops than any other slot (so 4 unless I kick a pred out)

Whomever organized your tournament is really doesn't understand competitive 40k....

If they're trying to use a comp system chances are they're trying to level the playing field for older codecies.

Forcing you to take that many troops HEAVILY favors new books. I challenge your TO to look me in the eye and say that Grey Hunters, IG Veterans and Blood Angel Assault Squads aren't flat out better than Battle Sisters, Fire Warriors and Necron Warriors.

That's a sad looking set of rules....

Your list looks nice though. I'd go with 2x priests to save on kill points just have them project their bubble from a safe place.