PDA

View Full Version : Necron Immortals??

gd99
02-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Hey there. Newb here.

I was thinking of getting a box of Necron warriors and converting them into six immortals. But, given the strong Necron rumors over the last few days, it's been mentioned that maybe immortals may be larger. I assume that this may mean on a 40mm base. So, my question is. If I do either convert or get some immortals, and they end up changing them in the new codex to 40mm, what would happens to the current 25mm based immortals? Would the still be playable?

Thanks, G

wittdooley
02-26-2011, 11:30 PM
If they end up going on a 40mm base, then you would not be able to play them on a 25mm base without someone raising a big *** stink about it.

However, I'm so sure they will end up 40mm bases. Necrons are quite a ways a way, though, so base them how you want. And especially remember, you can always base up, so if you put them on 40mm, and they stay at 25mm, you're fine.

Lerra
02-28-2011, 09:18 AM
You can always re-base them. There are a whole lot of terminators out there who are standing on a 25mm base that's on a 40mm base, and those are tournament legal.

I put some spackle on the 40mm base to connect it to the 25mm base, a few rocks and some flock. It looks fine.

Connjurus
02-28-2011, 11:19 AM
You can always re-base them. There are a whole lot of terminators out there who are standing on a 25mm base that's on a 40mm base, and those are tournament legal.

I put some spackle on the 40mm base to connect it to the 25mm base, a few rocks and some flock. It looks fine.

Makes'em taller, too. ;D

gd99
02-28-2011, 12:21 PM
thanks guys.....it would just suck if I put time and money into it, and found out they were not legal.....but, putting new bases on 'em sounds like a plan....

Morgan Darkstar
02-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Hey there welcome to the forums.

I am not saying they will be for certain but i would put money on a october release for necrons.

So if you can wait and time is not an issue I would wait and get the new ones when they arrive.

gd99
02-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Hey there welcome to the forums.

I am not saying they will be for certain but i would put money on a october release for necrons.

So if you can wait and time is not an issue I would wait and get the new ones when they arrive.

Ya, I'm not sure what to do. Since I'm just starting out, and not going into any tourneys, then I could proxy some models for them....

Morgan Darkstar
02-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Ya, I'm not sure what to do. Since I'm just starting out, and not going into any tourneys, then I could proxy some models for them....

Thats what i would do, for one going by the recent new plastic kits for dark eldar that gw has put out. The models are likely to be awesome.

My friend who collects necrons is also waiting for the new models before getting some more.

gd99
02-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Thats what i would do, for one going by the recent new plastic kits for dark eldar that gw has put out. The models are likely to be awesome.

My friend who collects necrons is also waiting for the new models before getting some more.

My buddy plays DE, and they are amazing models...I'm hoping for the same type of quality for necrons.....I'm also hoping that the forge world Tomb Stalker is in the codex too...I picked up two of those bad boys............so, maybe what i'll do is just buy a battleforce and do 10 warriors with a different base to proxy...then, if they do redo the Immortals, then I already have those 10 warriors....thanks for the tips...

Whoop!
02-28-2011, 04:10 PM

My suggestion would be to do the conversion. Stick with a smaller base size, you can always make it bigger.

I love conversions, I I love cutting apart my models. I even did it with my G.I. Joe's when I was a kid. If you are new to the hobby than it would be good to experience making a conversion model. Get those creative juices flow, just make sure you clean up when you're done.

I can't wait for that new Codex, I can't wait to take my War Clowns to tournament!

Morgan Darkstar
02-28-2011, 05:31 PM
My buddy plays DE, and they are amazing models...I'm hoping for the same type of quality for necrons.....I'm also hoping that the forge world Tomb Stalker is in the codex too...I picked up two of those bad boys............so, maybe what i'll do is just buy a battleforce and do 10 warriors with a different base to proxy...then, if they do redo the Immortals, then I already have those 10 warriors....thanks for the tips...

Sounds like a plan to me. :)