PDA

View Full Version : first stab at a vulkan 2k need CC

camman1984
02-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Have been reading for a while and thought i might try a salander list (painted imperial fist with a bit of a seige theme) it is 2k, for friendly gaming with friends. opponents are eldar, dark eldar, blood angels, imperial guard, tau.

There are two lists here, neither are finished so would like some constructive criticism.

list 1

HQ
Vulkan (goes with sternguard in LR)
Lysander (with a Term squad)
ELITES
5 THSS terminators
5 THSS terminators
5 Sternguard, 2 meltas, 3 combi meltas
TROOPS
10 marines, melta, multimelta, combimelta, rhino EA
5 scouts with sniper rifles
5 scouts combi melta, melta bombs
FAST ATTACK
3 MM attack bikes
HEAVY SUPPORT
vindicator
vindicator
land raider achilles (forge world - thunderfire cannon, TLMM sponsons, ignores lance/melta and -1 on damage rolls)

list 2

HQ
Vulkan (unsure where to put him)
Librarian, nullzone, force dome (hiding alone in LR)
ELITES
5 THSS terminators
5 THSS terminators
TROOPS
5 scouts with sniper rifles
FAST ATTACK
HFMM tornado
HFMM tornado
HFMM tornado
HEAVY SUPPORT
vindicator
vindicator
land raider achilles (see above)

second list is 30pts under. I like both lists as they both have some things i like. Let me know what you think with some CC, really need to do something with he'stan in second list to find him a unit.

have toyed with the idea of subbing out a terminator squad for either an ironclad or a seige dreadnaught, and points to spare, but i think the dreads may be too slow and would be dangerously isolated in turn one if drop podded with those dumb drop pos assault rules (if i am reading them right)

Demonus
02-28-2011, 10:47 AM
i like the second list. probably have to put vulkan in the LR. 30pts will get your 2 sgts power weapons in case thye get into cc.

*edit* does Force Dome extend to his LR? Cause that would be hot.

blackarmchair
02-28-2011, 11:14 AM
I'd go with the second list. Vulkan & Lysander are too expensive.

camman1984
02-28-2011, 05:49 PM
I think the force dome would extend, i see it like being a bubble centred on the librarian and seeing as the librarian and raider become one in the same, for crew shaken, range measurement, etc. i dont see why not. However I would love to see a ruling on it. anyone know?

Have toyed around with the lists and have changed again to give vulkan a home, leading to option 3 lol

HQ
Vulkan (in sternmelta squad)
Librarian, nullzone, force dome (hiding alone in LR)
ELITES
5 THSS terminators
Ironclad dreadnaught 2x HFlamer, drop pod
5 sternguard, 3 combi-meltas, 2 meltas OR 2 multimeltas, rhino
TROOPS
10 marines, melta, multimelta, combimelta, rhino
10 marines, melta, multimelta, combimelta, rhino
FAST ATTACK
HFMM tornado
HFMM tornado
HFMM tornado
HEAVY SUPPORT
vindicator
vindicator
land raider achilles (see above)

Have essentially lost
5 THSS termies
5 sniper scouts
extra armor on rhinos

gained
sternmelta squad in rhino for vulkan
dual HF ironclad in drop pod

Not sure if this list is as optimised but i love the forgeworld ironclad model so much and he fits the seige theme. The sternguard make something of an honor guard for vulkan, cant decide on 2 mmelta/melta. One of the tactical squads will combat squad with the 5 normal marines joining the librarian in the raider as an extra scoring unit.

By the way, platested that raider against marines, damn thing was nearly unkillable, with the melta/lance ignore and the extra -1 to damage rolls making meltas, pfists etc useless.