PDA

View Full Version : 1850 hybrid Angels

blackjack
02-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Here are two lists. One uses Cheesephiston the other does not.

CheesePhiston

2x 10 Assault Marines, 2 Meltas, Fist, (one has a combi Melta for the Sarge)
5 Scouts, Sniper Rifles, Cammo, Missile Launcher

2 Sanguinary Priests, Jump Packs, Power Weapons

3x Baal Preds, Twin Aassault Cannons, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

3x Preds, Auto Cannon, Laser Cannon Sponsons

1850pts

Libby, Jump Pack, Unleash Rage, Shield of Sang

3x 10 Assault marines, 2 Meltas, Fist

2 Sanguinary Priests, Jump Packs, Power Weapons

3x Baal Preds, Twin Aassault Cannons, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

3x Preds, Auto Cannon, Laser Cannon Sponsons

1850pts

Which do you like better?

eagleboy7259
02-23-2011, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't really call Mephiston Cheese - he doesn't have an inv. save and he doesn't have eternal warrior. Personally I think he's a rather poor HQ choice compared to the simullary priced Sanguinor or Astorath.

This is basically an all mech army outside of your troop choices. While the priests do grant them FNP, it isn't going to save you when all the enemies light arms fire is going to be directed at your assault marines. Well unless you can create a nice wall with your Preds... anyway the 30 Assault Marines is definately more survivable. Personally I'd put the Assault Marines in Rhinos just to throw in another mech unit to help overtax your opponets anti-tank and give you some measure of protection that way.

Tynskel
02-23-2011, 09:56 PM
in the second list, I'd downgrade one assault squad to 2 flamers and a power weapon, and put them in a rhino. Keep the others flying so they can either deep strike the meltas, or fly over to cook something.

The first list: exchange a predator for a whirlwind... hear me out before ya hang up the phone! Take a Techmarine. That guy grants your scouts now 2+ cover saves. Next, he'll hang with the two preds.

Lastly, BA whirlwinds rock: move 6" indirect fire, or move 12" and fire--- 48"!!!. Next, now imagine tank shocking, and firing 48" away. That's an effective skirmisher tank, and if it gets blown up, whatever, 90 points!