PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Kabalite/Coven Odd Hybrid

Ahrimaneus
02-23-2011, 03:54 AM
Hey guys, drew this up as a kind of "just for fun" army list. I have no idea if it's even feasible, but I feel like it might work against not uber-competitive enemy lists. What do you think? I though it was kind of a different and interesting way to play using a Kabalite firebase with Wrack strike teams.

Haemonculus w/Liquifier
Haemonculus w/Liquifier
Haemonculus w/Liquifier
Haemonculus w/Hexrifle

3x Trueborn w/2x Dark Lance

20x Kabalite Warriors w/2x Dark Lance, Sybarite

9x Wracks w/Liquifier, Acothyst w/Venom Blade
-Raider w/Flickerfield, Dark Lance

9x Wracks w/Liquifier, Acothyst w/Venom Blade

9x Wracks w/Liquifier, Acothyst

Voidraven Bomber w/3x Shatterfield Missiles, Flickerfield

Total: 1848

The Hexrifle Haemonculus sits with the Warriors in cover, hexrifle really just there for MC's since he'll be chilling with them anyways. Between the Trueborn, Warriors, Bombers, and Raiders, we've got 11 Dark Lances, 6 Void Lances, and 9 Shatterfields as a last resort for AT. The Trueborn are really fragile I realize, but it's super cheap ranged antitank, and the offensive output is just more points effective than another 20-man unit of warriors. Very fragile an susceptible to Dreadnought assault ruining my day, but that's really nothing new for Dark Eldar. Lots of mobile Wracks for Liquifier and assault goodness against non-dedicated CC units after the DL's and Bombers have opened up/softened up the targets.

BlindGunn
02-23-2011, 09:27 AM
I like the "expendable" Trueborn increasing your Lances. Seems a shame to waste them like that, but they're definitely a cheap alternative and greatly increase your Lance numbers. Good Idea! May have to "borrow" it! :D

Just an observation:
If you take Razorwings instead of Voidravens, the Shatterfield missiles come at 1/2 price and/or you can mix and match with the free Monoscyth missiles - you'll always have 4 on each no matter what mix you want. You do loose the Void Lances, but still get two regular Dark Lance shots. Of course, no mines with Razorwings. It would save you a few points - maybe to add a few ablative wounds to your Trueborn.

Splinter Cannon upgrade is also a good investment on the Razorwing to increase your Anti-Infantry ability. Between Missiles and Splinter Cannon, most units hate my Razorwings, and they're still decent tank hunters, too...

Or you could take a mix of both Razorwings and Voidravens.

(I LOVE my Razorwings in case you couldn't tell!) ;)