-Twin-Twin Autocannons
120 Mortis Dreadnought
-Twin-Twin Autocannons
135 Predator Destructor
-Lascannon Sponsons

angelspast
02-23-2011, 04:34 PM
HQ is pricey, but seems solid.

I'd drop the teleport homer from the tactical squad, as there's only 1 unit to make use of it. Give the 2nd squad a rhino instead of a drop pod? Deepstrike is random when you have to actually roll for it...

Sternguard are ok, but getting very pricey. Don't see why the sgt is also carring a combi, better to give it to someone else in the squad. Terminators and a furioso are always good :), although might want to consider assault terminators instead.

Baals are good, tl assault cannon is generally better than flamestorm.

Heavies look solid.

Is there any particular reason you've avoided sanguinary priests?

Tynskel
02-23-2011, 09:46 PM
well, there's one priest in the honor guard!

I like the idea of Tycho, the Sternguard Captain, to be ridin' around with Sternguard. He is a pretty bad mofo- Ld 10 whole army, power weapon with digilasers, and artificer armor.
I thought about taking priests, but I would have to either drop the Sternguard, or take death company to take a furioso. I believe the list needs 2 CC hammer units, and that's the Terminators and Furioso. I could exchange the Terminators and Furioso for a Death Company and DC Dreadnought.

Assault Terminators would be an alright exchange. I have found, though, that they are so much better in a transport. Assault Cannon terminators have a decent amount of firepower. I have also thought about a hv Flamer. Hv Flamer terminator squad can truly be scary, with the hv flamer landing where you want it.

I wanted the second drop pod, so I could have a choice whether to insert the Furioso right away, or just have a tactical squad claim an objective. If there are no prime targets of opportunity, I'd rather not waste dropping the dread on a location that has no targets.

That one teleport homer makes a world of a difference. I have played terminators for years n' years, and having them arrive right where you want them (ie 1" away from your opponent), is priceless.

hmmm... I do like terminators a lot... I could drop the sternguard, take 10 terminators, 2 sanguinary priests (one in terminator armor) and shuffle things arounds... Although, that's starting to sound like a new army.