PDA

View Full Version : first new grey knight list

zealotic
02-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Hey guys, this is using the leaked beta, and assuming what the rumors round up said about the weapons, the leak doesn't have an armory section.

2000 points
HQ
200- Librarian w/ master-crafted nemesis warding stave, powers- quick silver, might of titan
200- Librarian w/ master-crafted nemesis warding stave, powers- quick silver, might of titan

HEAVY SUPPORT
205- Nemesis dreadknight w/ personal teleporter
205- same

TROOPS
410- 10 Grey Knight terminators all w/ nemesis daemon hammers, 2 incinerators- with librarian
410- same- with other librarian
185- 5 man Grey Knight strike squad w/ 5 personal teleporters, 3 nemesis force halberds, 1 psycannon, justicar w/ master-crafted nemesis warding stave
185- same

Total

this is a lean mean cheese machine, the librarians use quick silver to make the termies init. 10, and might of titan, combined with the termis' power, hammer hand, and their nemesis daemon weapons to hit at str 7
that's a lotta dead

the dreadknights are effectively demon princes with wings

and the strike squads are my favorite, the personal teleporters make them jump infantry, and they can jump 30 inches once per game( but not assault in the same turn), 3 have halberds making them init. 5, the psycannon is a psycannon, and the justicar has, if the rumors are again true, a nasty invul save just in case he needs it

tactics- the whole army deep strikes, or doesn't, and in general the strike squads stay alive while the termies, and the dreadknights clean house, then they jump to the objective on the last turn to contest or claim 2 objectives on the board

at 34 models this is about as elite as possible, and seems like it will be more fun to try than truly competitive, as the termies can easily be gunned down, while the strike squads aren't big enough to be a true threat in assault, but the maneuverability and shear killing power is there.

comments? suggestions? questions?

Lemt
02-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Looks fun to me, let me just give you some options to consider:
-Heavy incinerators on the Dreadkinghts: Gives them something to do the moment they flash forward. However, this may push you to aim them at troops even if tanks would be a better target, plus if mechanised is common in your meta (as tends to be) it may not be a good idea at all.
-Join the Strike Squads: My question: is the extra Justicar worth an extra kill point? If they are together I'd give them a Psycannon and an Incinerator instead of 2 Psycannons, so if you split them the half moving forward can burn the enemy a bit (to prepare for the enemie's inevitable assault). Or you can just keep both Cannons, and save the points for something else.
-Change one Librarian for a Grandmaster: You lose some powers, but hear me out. I hate depending on Psychic Powers in my armies, because I see a lot of hoods around where I play. The Grandmaster can also give a slight psy boost to your troops (although you will lose a hood yourself). But Scoring Dreadknights just seem so very worth the price of admission, and the other options are also very useful.

But yeah, GKs sure seem fun to play!