PDA

View Full Version : Disembarking after cruising speed?

thecactusman17
02-21-2011, 02:38 PM
I think I have been misunderstanding something, or some people here are. So I am putting forth this question:

A transport vehicle moves at cruising speed. Can the units inside get out? If not, please cite the ruling in question from the BRB or appropriate FAQ.

From the BRB: "A unit that begins its movement phase in a vehicle can disembark before or after the vehicle has moved" (p.67, Disembarking)

"Passengers may not embark onto or disembark from a fast vehicle if it has moved (or is gong to move) Flat Out in that movement phase." (P.70, Fast Transport Vehicles)

These point to units being able to disembark from a cruising speed vehicle as normal (and thus shoot/assault etc. as desired in the subsequent phases).

DarkLink
02-21-2011, 04:13 PM
You may, indeed, move 12" and disembark. Land Raiders wouldn't be half as good as they are if you couldn't.

gcsmith
02-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Well the rules do state no assaulting after cruising, I guess it would ruin the cruise for the other guests unless ur in an assault boat :p

steelmage99
02-22-2011, 02:44 AM
Well the rules do state no assaulting after cruising, I guess it would ruin the cruise for the other guests unless ur in an assault boat :p

I like the joke, but that is not what the rules says.

doom-kitten
02-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Yes you can disembark after cruising speed, you can not however assualt unless your vehicle/ride choice is an assualt vehicle such as the Land Raider (remember they have to disembark before charging they can just charge out). Yes you can fire after disembarking I've been doing this for years with my army strangely enough if a vehicle goes cruising speed you can not fire from fire points retarded yes but apparently thats the rules.

Dyrnwyn
02-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Yes you can disembark after cruising speed, you can not however assualt unless your vehicle/ride choice is an assualt vehicle such as the Land Raider

Or if you are open topped, like Trukks, Battlewagons and Raiders.

blackarmchair
02-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Which is what makes my Wagon Orks list so much fun.

Turn 2 assaults FTW!