PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar Vs Guard - Ambush Scenario

Unzuul the Lascivious
02-21-2011, 05:14 AM
So here's my list for my game against Guard this Saturday coming. I know it looks a bit of a bonkers list, but I shall explain my thinking for each entry and you guys 'n' gals can tell me where I'm going wrong.

Lelith Hesperax – 175 points

Trueborn unit of 9
Haemonculus Ancient – Webway Portal, Shattershard – 130 points
4 Blasters,3 Shard Carbines, 2 Dark Lances
Raider w/ Nightshield, Flickerfield

=447 points

Haemonculus – Dark Gate, Webway Portal – 110 points
4 Blasters, 3 Shard Carbines, 2 Dark Lances
Raider w/ Nightshield, Flickerfield
=427 points

Incubi x 10 (Klaivex w/DemiKlaives,Bloodstone and Onslaught)
Raider w/Disintegrator, Flickerfield
=355 points

Wych Units

Hekatrix w/Blast Pistol and Venom Blade, 4 Wyches (One Hydra Gauntlets), Haywire Grenades
=100 points

Hekatrix w/Blast Pistol and Venom Blade, 4 Wyches (One Hydra Gauntlets), Haywire Grenades
=100 points

=100 points

5 Wyches (One Hydra Gauntlets), Haywire Grenades
=70 points

=70 points

=70 points

3 x Ravagers w/Dark Lances, Nightshield and Flickerfield= 375 points

Reavers x 3 Cluster Caltrop = 86 points

So Basically, I've used the Trueborn as multi-function units - They are essentially extra Ravagers and can also be used in an initial assault to destroy vehicles, hopefully to unseat his troops for further slaughter. The Haemonculi will be used hopefully to get those webway portals in play from two directions, making it a lot harder for him to block out my reserves.
The Reavers here are split into three units to maximise their first turn Bladevane opportunities - if I can get them over his Autocannon heavy weapons teams (he's using three I think), it will make things a lot easier for me, even if he kills all three units in the following turn.
The Wyches in 6 mini units maximises the amount of fire he has to split. The Hydra Gauntlets will make up the numbers of attacks, but a first turn kill isn't desirable anyway, so hopefully smaller units will tie up and survive a lot longer than units of ten. Lelith Hesperax will essentially be a Wych unit unto herself in this repsect.
The Incubi - well, I know what you're thinking, they're unnecessary and this is the unit that I most feel could change. But they are like an insurance policy here - in case there is any combat squad that I've underestimated, such as his Veteran Squad, they can swoop in and do the business. And I love having them around...

What you guys reckon?

thecactusman17
02-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Lots of eggs in those two big baskets. It is going to be utterly essential to get those webways into place on turn one or you are in for it starting on turn two. I think that's my primary complaint: Too reliant on dice for getting maximum units onto the field. Given that, it may be worth it to drop an Incubi and use the free Raider spot to put in Leleith, so she can get into the fight ASAP even if you have a turn of bad rolling. Hell, she even comes with an invul save and frag grenades so you can get that crucial first turn strike and remove a few models. Put her in B2B with the powerfist or equivalent and make it nearly impossible for your opponent to hit back.

Unzuul the Lascivious
02-22-2011, 04:39 AM
Yeah, actually I like your idea re: Lelith, it's beardy and therefore funny! I kinda know there are a lot of eggs in two flimsy baskets there and it is a high risk strategy, but I do like the idea of wedging the Guard between two uncertainties. The webway portals are literally for use in deploying the Wyches into the fray - but you're right - they need to be deployed in Turn One. I guess I'll have to rock up to a tank, disembark my units and have the Haemies pop the webway portals. Hopefully, if I position them correctly, the Trueborn can take out some tanks AND survive a little better thanks to the Share the Pain of the Haemies. What I'm thinking is prioritising the targets, taking out the heavy armour and leaving the Chimerae til later?