PDA

View Full Version : Sisters of Battle Army Concept

Necron2.0
02-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Attached are images for a Sisters of Battle army I'm planning to put together. I'm calling them the Order of the Divine Emperor's Fury ... or simply "The Furies." The army will be made up mostly of Celestians and Seraphim.

Thoughts?

Duke
02-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Looks cool, that is a rich purple... Test mini!

Duke

Connjurus
02-18-2011, 02:22 AM
"Order of the Divine Emperor's Fury" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue...

Why not just "Order of the Fury"? Or "Order of His Fury"?

eldargal
02-18-2011, 02:26 AM
I like the name, sutis the Imperiums gothic pomposity in my opinion. Colour is nice too.:)

Connjurus
02-18-2011, 04:24 AM
Or even "Order of the Emperor's Divine Fury."

The SoBs already believe the Emperor is divine. Stating that he is, in fact, divine again is kinda weird. But stating that his Fury is Divine is both hilarious and fitting.

isotope99
02-18-2011, 07:30 AM
The colour scheme suggests that "the emperor's daughters" would be more appropriate. ;)

Colours look interesting and I like the logo, The test mini will be interesting. I'm guessing a combo of liche purple, warlock purple and maybe a little grey to dull the colour just slightly could work.

Ulag Grimskar
02-18-2011, 11:38 AM
I would love to see how this turns out when you paint up the minis! Please post a pic if you have one already :)

I was thinking of making all-purple sisters myself, but ended up with a more conservative Order of the Ebon Chalice-style scheme which just swapped the red for purple.

I was afraid the tanks might end up too Slaaneshii-looking, have you already made plans on how to paint them, and how to incorporate the blue from the robes into the tank's paint scheme, if at all?

Overall, I like it so far!

Urgh, three sentences starting with me, way to go not being self-centered....

doom-kitten
02-18-2011, 11:51 AM
To be honest can't stand purple but the Symbol looks great considering I got lazy and opted for the Bloody Rose insignia, as for the name who cares as long as you like it.

Daemonette666
02-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Similar colour scheme as that of my planned corrupted Sisters of Battle, Slaanesh's Sisters of Perfection. Everthing is the same as you sisters excet the tabbard/loin cloth is Hawk Turquoise. The symbol is going to be a modification of the Slaanesh Hemaphrodite symbol.

I am stil using the sisters codex, and the new one when it finally arrives, however the priests, and Inquisitors will all be either Demagogue preachers or radical Inquisitors, and I will have daemon Hosts in the force to show they are really corrupted to Chaos.

When I finally get my Corrupted Arbite (BOLS Minidex), and Emperor's Children (Children of the Flesh) armies all painted, the whole table will be covered in a sea of Purple, Pink, Dark Purples, Turquoise and gold.

Only my Corrupted Guard will look differnet using a lot of Nurgle colours, and this will go well with my Death Guard and elements of my Chaos Daemons Army.

Oh so much to paint still. I have a landraider and another rhino to paint by next weekends 5000 poiint Apocalypopse match.

archimbald
02-19-2011, 09:22 AM
what about 'Emperors Harem' battle group lol
oj looks like a great scheme

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
02-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Love the colour scheme and name, suggestion. How about Order of Divine Fury, Emporers Fury??

Have you thought of Amethyst Purple? I know most people hate using metallics, some swear by them, other swear at them. Me i used Tin Bitz and Shining Gold to come up with a rich bronze-gold scheme mixed with Scab Red tabbards looks great.

If you used Amethyst Purple as your main colour, you could use other colours to contrast it and make it look outstanding. Just a thought.
Good luck.

Necron2.0
02-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Thanks for everyone's comments. I'll try to get a test mini painted up, but it probably won't be for a couple weeks. Partly that's because I'm putting the finishing touches on my Necron army. Partly that's also because the mini I've chosen as a test requires some rework. I've chosen a Seraphim Superior as my test mini, but its gun came out of the blister severely mangled. That is OK, however, because in my army list she's going to have twin Inferno pistols ... which I need to hack together from bits out of two Canoness blisters.

As for the name, I go back and forth between "The Order of the Divine Emperor's Fury" and "... the Emperor's Divine Fury." In the gallery listing I used the latter instead of the former. Mostly I just call them "The Furies." More than other Sisters, they see themselves as the living manifestation of the God-Emperor's wrath. I see them being somewhat independent and strongly aligned with the Black Templars, which means they're viewed with some suspicion by elements in the Ecclesiarchy - their particular brand of zealotry borders on heresy in the eyes of some.