PDA

View Full Version : Arachnarok spider....tyranid....

RedWidow
02-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Did everyone else just immediately see the new Arachnarok model as a perfect proxy for some of the big nids...the Tyrannofex for example???

I really wanna do a spider type nid army now. Already ordered one Arachnarok to start with.

MaltonNecromancer
02-17-2011, 01:05 PM
I was thinking of getting one, and instead of the silly spider face, putting a Trygon top half on, to create a hideous spider-centaur. If you replace the pointy tips of the spider legs with Carnifex Scything Talon blades, just think how badass that would look...

Silver Drakes Legion
02-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Already planning on making a hive queen. Definetely will look better than the old armorcast one....

miteyheroes
02-17-2011, 01:48 PM
I was thinking of getting one, and instead of the silly spider face, putting a Trygon top half on, to create a hideous spider-centaur. If you replace the pointy tips of the spider legs with Carnifex Scything Talon blades, just think how badass that would look...

I was thinking much the same- a Tyranid Warrior's top half, and using it as a Tervigon. The abdomen is great for a tervigon...

Terraforcer
02-17-2011, 04:09 PM
I thought the model would be nice to convert, but I am extreamly fluffy with my nids and I refuse to give thwm any more or less than 6 limbs. At the least the torso could make good conversion given enough putty or plasticard.

MaltonNecromancer
02-17-2011, 05:44 PM
I am extremely fluffy with my nids and I refuse to give thwm any more or less than 6 limbs

What about the Catachan Devil?

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/4/4e/CatachanDevil.jpg

Also, stuff the fluff - a spider centaur would be awesome!

MrGiggles
02-17-2011, 06:05 PM
You're all bats ye are!

It's obviously an over-crunchy Squiggoth.

miteyheroes
02-18-2011, 02:46 AM
I thought the model would be nice to convert, but I am extreamly fluffy with my nids and I refuse to give thwm any more or less than 6 limbs. At the least the torso could make good conversion given enough putty or plasticard.

Put 4 legs on the spider bit and two on the torso?

RedWidow
02-18-2011, 09:23 AM

Is it not fluff that nids hybridize with anything they come in contact with?

BuFFo
02-18-2011, 11:35 AM

Until GW changes it.

Lockark
02-18-2011, 03:43 PM
I was going to combine with with a demon prince to make a Slaanesh Demon Lord or something.