PDA

View Full Version : death korps heavy weapons team

von krieg
02-17-2011, 06:40 AM
I'm starting a death korps army and have two questions about the heavy weapons teams:

1) Do the 3 HWT's have to be the same, fx. all lascannons or heavy stubbers etc.?

2) Which would you pick (heavy bolters, heavy stubbers, lascannons or autocannons)?

weeble1000
02-17-2011, 07:56 AM
No, the heavy weapons do not have to be the same. When you buy a heavy weapon squad in the IG 5th ed codex, you get three mortar teams. Each team may optionally replace the mortar with a heavy bolter, autocannon, missile launcher, or a lascannon.

As to whether or not you should have a squad of mixed heavy weapons, I'll just say that the unit can only fire at one target, so if you have a squad of two lascannons and a heavy bolter and you fire at a high AV vehicle, the heavy bolter won't be doing anything.

erwos
02-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Using codex IG, you can mix and match.

Using the DKoK list, you cannot.

Autocannons are generally the weapon of choice, followed by lascannons and missile launchers.

I NoSe
02-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Erwos nailed it. It depends on what list you're using; I've been building my Death Korps slowly over a while now and am trying to make it cross over between the two lists. Also I would go with the Auto Cannon as it can take down light vehicles and still handle infantry, but my personal fave is the mortar.

Tynskel
02-17-2011, 01:01 PM
I was gunna say, the mortar rocks. Probably one of the more under estimated weapons in 40k.

blackarmchair
02-17-2011, 01:08 PM
People really like Mortars. I never tried them when I played IG (back in 4th ed mostly) but I hear good things. I'm still pretty firmly in the Autocannon camp high strength, decent AP and two shots per cannon is a pretty damn fine deal.

von krieg
02-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback.
I have 3 lascannon teams for tanks and was wondering what I should take against infantry.
Does anyone ever use heavy stubbers, they aren't as good as autocannons but can put down more rounds.