PDA

View Full Version : My First Army - 750 DE

Asdrubeal
02-17-2011, 12:35 AM
Hi all, I'm brand new to the forums and brand new to wargaming. I have quite a few friends who play 40K, and they finally convinced me to play a couple matches with them. Loved it! So now I'm putting togather my first army. I decided to go with the Dark Eldar for a couple reasons. First of all they have a brand new codex and the new models really look great, but also because noone in my circle currently plays with them. So here's what I'm thinking for my first 750:

HQ:
Archon - Agonizer, clonefield, combat drugs, ghostplate - 120pts
Haemonculus - Stinger Pistol, Venom Blade - 60pts

Elites:
Incubi (4) - 88pts

Troops:
Wyches (7) - Hekatrix, Haywire grenades (squad), Razorflail, Agonizer - 124pts
Warriors (7) - 63pts.

Heavy:
Ravager - 105pts

Transports:
Raider #1 - Splinter Racks - 70pts
Raider #2 - chain snares - 65pts
Venom - 55pts

The Archon would be grouped with the Incubi and mounted in the Venom. The wyches grouped with the Haemonculus for the pain token and mounted in Raider #2. The Warriors will make use of the splinter racks in Raider #1. The plan is pretty basic... get the wyches and the Incubi into close combat asap. When the wyches dismount their raider will make a nusiance of itself by putting the chain snares to use against opposing infantry. Ill probobly keep the warriors mounted as long as their raider survives to make full use of the mobility and splinter racks. The Ravager along with the Raider's Dark Lances and the wyches haywire grenades will have to be enough to handle what armor I come against at this level.

As I expand this army I'd like to add another Ravager and a squad of Reavers at the 1000 pt level, using leftover points to fill out squads and give some gear upgrades such as flickerfields and nightshields on the transports.

At 1500pts I'd like to add another wytch/Haemonculus squad, a third ravager, upgrade the warriors to trueborn, and swap the archon for Duke Sliscus, mount him with the trueborn, and give the Incubi a Klaivex with the onslaught ability.

How does this sound so far? Like I said, I'm brand new to wargaming so any input from more experienced gamers would be greatly appreciated.

DrLove42
02-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Its a ll looking pretty promising.

But you're "army expansion" plans are flawed...you only add a 3rd troops choice, and then you make one a Trueborn (who aren't). At 1500 only 2 troops will leave you weak

Torpedo Vegas
02-17-2011, 10:03 AM
I'd drop the clone field on the archon for more Kabalites. I find that poisoned shooting is more effective the more shoots you get in, and the archon should be pretty safe with all those Incubi, and is almost guaranteed to go first in CC.
And remember, Haemunculi don't have fleet, so your wyches will be a bit slower than normal.

For your expansion plans, I wouldn't take the trueborn, I would leave them as kabalites, you need scoring units.

thecactusman17
02-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Looks like a fun, fluffy army.

I haven't ran clone fields, but typically I'd probably substitute them out for a shadow field for a simple reason: At only T3, there's a lot of stuff that can harm you and cause instant death. Clone fields only work in close combat, so in that instant where you get hit by a vindicator shell or an assault cannon, you are really going to like having a save that's better than 4+ (usually only from cover) for your hundred point HQ who will suffer instant death immediately.

Splinter racks: great option, but remember that your guys have to move 6" or less to use them. If you need to run up and then shoot, they'll need to get out of the vehicle and then they lose the ability.