PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Dark Eldar

Torpedo Vegas
02-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Pretty Standard list, as I don't have the money to convert or buy some of the fancier units:

Lady Malys 130 (going with Incubi, I think)

Elites:
6x Incubi, 110
Raider, flickrfield, torment grenade launcher, 75
(Had a few points left over so I decided to give the Incubi an extra boost with the torment grenade launchers)
Troops:
10 Kabailte Warriors, Blaster, Splinter cannon, 115 (I like having a bit of AT potential in a non-AT unit)
Raider, night shields, splinter racks, 80

10 Kabailte Warriors, Blaster, Splinter cannon, 115
Raider,night shield, splinter racks, 80

10x wyches, 2 with shardnets, Hekatrix, venom blade, entire squad has Haywire grenades 155
Raider, flickrfield, 70 (lots of Space Wolves and Blood Angels coming at me, mostly mechanized, so I opted to have the girls act as tarpits for heavy hitters, with the potential to blow up vehicles. Most of what I can't handle with shooting has an invuln save, so I decided to save points and went for a venom blade.)

10x wyches, 2 with shardnets, Hekatrix, venom blade, entire squad has Haywire grenades 155
Raider, flickrfield, 70

Fast Attack:
6 Reavers, 2 with Blasters, 162
6 Reavers, 2 with Blasters, 162

Heavy Support:
3x Ravagers, night shields, 345

I'm thinking if dropping the lady and taking a regular Archon or Sucubus instead, as I can have some choppier options with them, though I lose the ability to mes with my opponent with her redeploy special rule)

newtoncain
02-16-2011, 11:52 PM
Pretty Standard list, as I don't have the money to convert or buy some of the fancier units:

nightfields, )

What is a "Nightfield"? Nightshield or FlickerFiled?

I always take the FF over NS, 5+ save vs everything is nice 1/3 of the time.:eek:

DrLove42
02-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Agree with Newton on this one...flickers not Nights on raider.

This is particularly true on the raiders your warriors + splinter racks are on. For those to be useful you need to be close. If you're close, NS are bad. And if youre close consider giving the raider the blade things that hurt in combat, so if you get assaulted for being to close your vehicle can hit back...

Don't go with a Succubs, an archon is way better, particularly with a 2++ and ghostplate armour. But if you face lots of wolves and angels malys is great for avoiding all the physic stuff they have to offer

And finally give 1 ravager 3 disintergrators....might sacrifice a little AT, but can mess up FNP and Terminators much faster than 3 DL

BlindGunn
02-17-2011, 10:43 AM
I would consider converting one of those 6-bike Reaver squads into anti-infantry by taking away the Heat Lances and adding Caltrops or Talons. Overfly Guard Heavy Weapon teams, Devastator squads and Long Fangs in the back of the lines with the Reavers that the Wyches may not be able to get to fast enough.

Good Luck!

Torpedo Vegas
02-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Well they have blasters, not heat lances, but thats besides the point. I'll be reworking this list over time, so if I end up having some free points I will definitely be giving them some caltrops, bladevanes are sick.

BlindGunn
02-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Oops! Me bad!

So used to seeing Heat Lances - never registered that they would be something else! :S

thecactusman17
02-17-2011, 12:54 PM
ARegarding FF vs. nightshields, I find it's the opposite--hang out at 12" from the fight, all they can bring back if they want to move is whatever rapidfire weapons they can get into range. Maybe they'll have a melta, but it will only have 1d6 pen if it even hits. Come in on the far side of the unit and that may not even be in range.

Flickerfields, on the other hand, fail 2/3 of the time. Which is absolutely important when you realize that a bolter can kill your AV10 open topped transport with a single glance.

Oh, and splinter racks are great but remember that your guys inside can only move 6" and fire. No bonus for fast skimmers in this regard, sadly.