PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ADULT Players near Doylestown PA

szelago
08-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Looking for ADULT Players near Doylestown PA

Culven
08-31-2009, 03:24 PM
When you say adult, do you mean of legal age, or mature?

Dazz
08-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Awe, all done with underage meat and need some big strong love?

Seriously though by typing the way you did you make it sound like you can't stand the idea of CHILDERN players and look like an arse. I would suggest you post up some flyers at a local store/club saying seeking MATURE gamers as to not cause stupid problems. I meet more mature young gamers than older in general anyways. Unless you really want some big ole hairy man love then do as you are.

Drew da Destroya
08-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah man, it kinda looks like you're looking to play Strip-40k with someone. Which if you are, that's cool, but overall you should be more specific.

Culven
08-31-2009, 04:00 PM
I was asking for clarification because if the poster wants to find players who can play at their house, players of legal age will lead to fewer legal issues. If they just want to find mature (mentally) players, then that is just a personal preference. Either way, it was rather vague as to what kind of players are desired.

Old_Paladin
08-31-2009, 04:10 PM
:D
Oh Guys, thanks for the laugh.
I almost busted a gut reading this.

Clearly, most of us are not what the original poster is looking for.

szelago
08-31-2009, 06:13 PM
I appreciate the laughs guys. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough and I certainly wasn't trying to be offensive.

The average age of the players at my local retailer is about 15, all school age kids (there is one other adult who comes in once in a while). I'm OK with playing against kids and have been doing it for a while, but would like to play against adults as well. I sometimes travel an hour to the Philly GW store for this purpose, but would like to be able to invite an opponent over to my place (I have some way cool terrain) without it appearing creepy - 'Hello Mrs Lupner, I'm here to pick up your son, I'll have him back by 8pm as usual' - I think you get the idea. It would be nice to enjoy a few beers during the game as well. I did have a regular opponent, but he moved to New Jersey.

Any way, to be more clear, I'd like to find some local opponents that are able to host a game at their place or drive over to mine.

Mystery.Shadow
08-31-2009, 08:06 PM
Where is Doylestown PA ??

I can only guess Somewhere-Land Pennsylvania (Guesstimate from your post: Approx 100 kilometers from Philadelphia - But in which direction?!). PA is a rather large piece of real estate.

oni
09-01-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm near Doylestown, I live in Bethlehem and frequent Doylestown for a lot of various reasons. I'm 26 going on 45. ;)

Why do I feel like I'm on old school IRC and was just asked "a/s/l ?"

szelago
09-02-2009, 07:11 AM
ONI - I'll contact you off list.