PDA

View Full Version : What Chapter Would you be in?

Grailkeeper
02-15-2011, 07:58 AM
If you could be a Space Marine which chapter would you be in and why?

I'm going to open with...Ultramarines

Sure they're a bit of a Cliche but these guys are genuine heroes, and don't have some of the weirder outlooks of the other chapters- Personality wise I think I'd fit in better with them than say Space wolves or Black Templars.

And if was to go traitor... Night Lords.

eldargal
02-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Astral Kittens! On account of them being the only ones that take girls.:p

Legoklods
02-15-2011, 08:14 AM
I think I would fit in Space Wolves (driving a land speeder) og White Scars (driving a bike!). Just as long as its fast...

If I should be a traitor, then Iron Warriors for their no-nonsens approach to just about anything.

JxKxR
02-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Im a chaos player myself so I would be with the Thousand Sons even though they are all dusty. Sure Ahriman sort of F'd them but at least he tried to help, and as far as all the so called "Traitors to humanity" are concerned they really do have something to be pissed about.

Then if I was a loyalist I would be with the Raven Gaurd following Kayvaan Shrike into battle because he is honestly the only loyalist space marine I like.

gcsmith
02-15-2011, 08:35 AM
I would be in one of the chapters that appreciate their humsn brothers, not one that lords it over them

BlackKnight15624
02-15-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm with grailkeeper on the loyalist chapter- yes, they're vanilla, but I like vanilla. Yes, you call them "smurfs," but Smurfs was one of my favorite shows as a kid. And yes, they tend to be haughty and think that their way of doing things is the correct way, so do I. I think that's about a good a justification for being an Ultramarine as there ever was...

As for the traitor legions, I figure if I can't be an Ultramarine, might as well have some fun- Khorne Berzerker (assuaging the purists who maintain there is no World Eaters legion anymore).

Deadlift
02-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Blood Angels, I figure with all their dreadnoughts that if I got wasted in combat then at least I would stand a better chance coming back as a dreadnought with these guys :)

But if I could go ANY chapter then it would be Death Guard, Grandfather Nurgle loves hid followers :eek:

dethangel
02-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Dark Angels... fanaticly loyal with a dark side. strike fast, hit hard, and keep movin.

blackjack
02-15-2011, 09:02 AM
If we are including CSM it has to be a Slanneesh noise marine. But only if I get to be an old skool model with the Electric guitar!

http://www.coolminiornot.com/249508

Mr.Pickelz
02-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Grey Knight (hopefully a justicar or termy)

We come in, wham, bam, thank you mam. then leave, we fight what normal Astartes have trouble fighting, and at times have to save their butts. We hold some of the most destructive technology in the imperium and have allies that won't hesitate in helping us use it (extermanatus) We are the unsung heroes that fight the bogeyman in the darkness, we literally bring the emperor's light to forsaken places...

RedWidow
02-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Knowing me, Relictors or Lamenters...some chapter that reflects my well documented bad luck. Wouldn't be lucky enough to just die either...probably wind up entombed in a Dreadnaught and survive way too long... enduring the horrible misfortune for centuries.

Demonus
02-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Definitely an Ork. Tell me life couldnt be any more fun than living as an ork.

Atrocity
02-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Thousand Sons would be my number 1 choice. Love all of their rationale and circumstances for their heresy, fighting in a more thoughtful and less barbaric way (unlike Angron or Russ's "lets just throw infantry at them until we eventually overcome them" tactics) and extensive psyker use.

If I had to pick a loyalist, I've always been fond of the siege abilities, discipline, and penance of the Imperial Fists.

miteyheroes
02-15-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm a librarian, who works at Oxford University. The Thousand Sons' obsession with knowledge will suit me quite well, thank you!

Second choice would be someone ranty and smitey, as I'm also a historical re-enactor. So Space Wolves, Black Templars, maybe even World Eaters.

UltramarineFan
02-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Loyalist would have to be Ultramarines (surprise surprise)

Traitor would be Word Bearers because if you are gonna start worshipping the dark gods you might as well do it properly.

Unzuul the Lascivious
02-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Wolves. No compromise, no pity, no remorse, they accept things are the way they are, they do their thing and then have a drink and a laugh about it, remember their dead in celebration of their life and deal with problems in a measured and accepting way. And they are the Final Solution.

Chaos? Emperors Children, basically because they probably get to have a lot of sex and that.

doom-kitten
02-15-2011, 01:44 PM
I'd probably get kicked out of what ever chapter I managed to swindle my way into, as a result I'd like forge my own chapter out of plasticine and we'd have tea parties and talk about things we've seen on television, eventually some Inquistior would declare us heretics out of pity and about every Space Marine chapter would step on my plasticine brothers and beat me up. I wouldn't go to chaos cause really who wants to be a conformist every one the Imperium pisses off seems to go chaos and I'd hate to be one more follower of some god who really doesn't care about me because caring matters...**** it I'd totally go with Space Wolves braining people while screaming obscenities is every little childs dream and they have the funnest parties and hurt people who tell them funnest is not a word.

Lockark
02-15-2011, 02:51 PM
If we are including CSM it has to be a Slanneesh noise marine. But only if I get to be an old skool model with the Electric guitar!

http://www.coolminiornot.com/249508

Damn it! That was what I was going to say!
XD

miteyheroes
02-15-2011, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't go to chaos cause really who wants to be a conformist every one the Imperium pisses off seems to go chaos and I'd hate to be one more follower of some god who really doesn't care about me because caring matters...

It's true that most of the Gods don't care, but Grandfather Nurgle does. Famously- he's the god who embraces the outcasts and freaks, he cares for all his followers. Ya gotta love Papa Nurgle!

ninjacatz
02-15-2011, 04:29 PM
CSM wise thousands suns all the way they are so boss!
Loyal marine wise i would want to be with the dark angels but i think I would fit in more with the salamanders

HsojVvad
02-15-2011, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't like to be in any Space Marine chapter. SM are just above ****s (a certian SS group is edited? wierd) in what they do, so I wouldn't really like to be a SM. In truth the Emperor is worse than Hitler and Stalin so no, no SM for me.

doom-kitten
02-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Hitler=Space Marines...I would really hate to know who the Inquisition and the Chaos Marines are like if the Space Marine are on par with the **** Reich, you know what I have been inspired to create a new chapter...Reich's Guard the chapter master will be named Hitlerius and the first captain shall be Rommelius ect. Their painting scheme shall be dark grey and black, they already got imperial eagle so all i need to do is hand paint some SS marks on the shoulder pad and I'll probably use the Raven Guard eagle on the other shoulder pad. I have a feeling someones going to murder me with something ridiculous like a toothbrush for this XD.

Limey El'Jonson
02-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Dark Angels... fanaticly loyal with a dark side. strike fast, hit hard, and keep movin.

Gotta agree with that. And we live in Howl's Moving Castle in space.

geisthammer
02-17-2011, 08:30 AM
mortifactors, I Just like them bones. for chaos, Alpha Legion.....or death guard.

Fantomex
02-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Loyalist - Iron Hands, without a doubt. All the best bits of the Astartes and Mechanicum combined!

Traitor - Alpha Legion.. OR ARE WE TRAITORS?! Maybe Night Lords then..

Jack42494
02-19-2011, 03:54 PM
I would be a Black Templar, gotta like charging into close combat with a sword to destroy the enemies of mankind!

For chaos, Iron Warriors all the way!

bloodangel 83
02-19-2011, 04:52 PM
I would be only a Blood Angel for close combat and the Baal Predators, Stromraven, and all the other cool tanks. I don't care if i'm a SM or a Termie, either one would be great.

sangrail777
02-22-2011, 03:18 PM
BloodAngels

archimbald
02-25-2011, 01:47 PM
the fallen, simply put. ,or the Legion of the Damned, either way im happy

Necron2.0
02-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Iron Hands, because flesh is weak!

Mostly I choose that because in RL I design software and hardware for Avionics.

In truth however, if I had absolutely no choice but to live in the 40K universe, I'd want to be a heretic, living somewhere far, far on the fringe, on a back-water planet of no strategic value, that few if anyone know anything about, living all alone (except, of course, for the harem I'd have with me :D).

cobra6
02-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Emperor's Children, or Space Wolves, since they are apparently the only Marines who engage in "recreation"..

Daemonette666
02-27-2011, 08:32 PM
The best Chapter/Legion there ever was - The Emperor's Children, as they are still Space Marines and they chose to follw the true gods. LOL

Paul
02-27-2011, 10:18 PM
The Iron Hands, because the Machine really IS better than the flesh!

Vulkan64
03-06-2011, 08:03 AM
blood ravens, or salamanders, propably a blood raven though.

Astral Platypus
03-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Civilization is a thin veneer over humanities' more barbaric and animal instinct. (I think that was an Edgar Rice Burroughs quote, not sure)

With that in mind, Space Wolves. Wild animal Space Marines always seemed to possess more of a human quality than the others.