PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Points of Black Templar

Schlitzaf
02-14-2011, 02:23 PM
HQ 489 points
Emperor's Champion 140
-Accept no Challenge no matter the odds
Marshal 173
-Krak Grenades -Frag Grenades -Artificer Armor -Iron Halo -Lighting Claws x2 -Terminators Honours
Master of Sanctity 178
-Krak Grenades -Frag Grenades -Artificer Armor -Lighting Claws x2 -Terminator Honours
Elites 531
Assault Terminators 531
-6 man -3x Lighting Claws -3x Storm Shield & Thunder Hammers -Furious Charge
Land Raider Crusader
-Smoke Launchers -Dozer Blades
Troops 978
3x Crusader Squads (248) 744
-10 man -8x Bolt Pistol & CCW -1x Meltagun -1x Powerfist & Bolt Pistol -Frag Grenades
Rhino
-Smoke Launchers
2x Crusader Squads (117) 234
-6 man -4x Bolters -1x Plasma Gun -1x Lascannon

The characters are all with the Terminators and the Rhino Squads follow behind them, while my two las/plas squads provide covering fire and take out some enemy vechicles, and walkers. I hope that my LRC will soak up the majoirty of enemy firepower so my Rhino's can drive across table more or less unmolested, while LRC should surivive a turn or two of enemy shooting enough to have my terminators and characters in heart of enemy army.

Schlitzaf
02-14-2011, 07:11 PM
should I assume this list is perfect then?

Jwolf
02-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Assume whatever you'd like. The list is fairly generic, and thus not drawing a lot of comments.

I would say you have too many eggs in the Land Raider Crusader basket, and I think you'll find that you aren't happy with that in the long run, but there is nothing obviously unplayable about your list or design. Play it for 20 or so games and see how you like it.

Schlitzaf
02-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Assume whatever you'd like. The list is fairly generic, and thus not drawing a lot of comments.

I would say you have too many eggs in the Land Raider Crusader basket, and I think you'll find that you aren't happy with that in the long run, but there is nothing obviously unplayable about your list or design. Play it for 20 or so games and see how you like it.

"Shrug" I dunno I'm only BT player at my Store so for me this list is pretty different. I used to run a horde list around 100 Marines, but if this is pretty generic that is nice to know. As their has to be somthing right with it

Fellend
02-14-2011, 09:04 PM
I have a quite simular list but if you want some comments i'd say this:

Dump the terminator honors and artificier on marshal and pick up a holy orb instead (10 points, a single marine kill is worth it, and with some skill you can usually get 3 or 4)
He really doesn't need the TH and artificier

Dump the Chap, you reroll to wound anyway, all your guys are in transports so they don't need the help with the righteous zeal, if you really want to keep him, dumb him down, he doesn't need the 2+ save, and he gets a power weapon for free so don't put 30 points on it just to give him reroll to wound, give him a holy orb, they are awesome

if you want even more points, take 5 marines and five neophytes instead.

Now with all the points you have available, pick up a vindicator with ptms, or a set of typhoon landspeeders. possibly both