PDA

View Full Version : Incoming:Tomb Kings!

Duke Rich
02-14-2011, 03:13 AM
So, checked my Twitter feed this morning, and what do I see? This!

http://40k.me/dOuAg8

I'll link in the text for people who might not have a GW account, or can't see it for whatever reason.

"An ancient race that has lain dormant for thousands of years, the Tomb Kings now awaken from within their ancient burial pyramids. Cheated from the eternal life that they were promised, the Tomb Kings are instead doomed to an eternal undeath - awakened they thirst for vengeance against those who would disturb their slumber.

At the command of these undying lords march legions of implacable Skeleton Warriors, hosts of chariots crewed by long-dead crewmen and towering statues carved from unyielding stone.

The armies of the Tomb Kings are vast, unstoppable hordes that know neither fear nor remorse - and they shall not rest until all who stand against them are laid low.

This May Warhammer: Tomb Kings is released, containing everything you need to use the legions of Nehekhara in your games of Warhammer.

Alongside the new book we'll also be releases a slew of amazing new miniatures for Tomb Kings players to collect and add to their armies. Details are being kept firmly under wraps for now, but more details will be available over the coming months. To make sure you're the first to see the new models and read the latest news keep your eyes fixed to the pages of White Dwarf, the Games Workshop newsletter and the What's New Today blog.

In the meantime, if you're a Tomb Kings player (or thinking about becoming one) it's time to start building up your Undead hordes in preparation for the new arrivals. So, out with the large drybrush (and the pot of Bleached Bone) and onwards to glory!

Presented below are two exclusive sneak peeks at the upcoming releases. Please keep checking back on the website, and in White Dwarf for more information in the near future."

eldargal
02-14-2011, 03:34 AM
Nifty! If this doesn't shut up the people whining about WFB neglect after 8th nothing will, two army books in three months.

Legoklods
02-14-2011, 03:49 AM
'BOUT TIME!:cool:

Farseer Uthiliesh
02-14-2011, 05:07 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=14300091a

ninjacatz
02-14-2011, 06:01 AM
You gotta love tomb kings! :D

wilky
02-14-2011, 07:16 AM
You gotta love tomb kings! :D

Only if you use Tomb Kings, If your fighting against them you'll not enjoy fighting them!

Albavar
02-14-2011, 07:27 AM
I hope they fix Tomb Kings pricing. I took mine to 'Ard Boyz and literally got laughed at. My scrawny skeleton warriors currently cost as much as many army's better infantry with a pathetic statline. I went in with the plan to dominate the magic phase (which I did) but it doesn't matter how many times you attack if the attacks don't hurt!

I look forward to anything that isn't 4 editions old. (Curret book came out just before 6th edition).

gcsmith
02-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Ive now got to decide betweeen HE or an army led by indiana bones

Drachenprinzen
02-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Details are being kept firmly under wraps for now, but more details will be available over the coming months.

Heh, Silly GW and their play on words.

Necron_Lord
02-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Cool! It looks like the character and general background is getting 'synched' with necrons in 40k. Now if only OK, Bretonnia, and WE get some love! Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if two of them get revamped this year and we get another 40k codex and some 2nd wave 40k stuff (DE and 'nids). 40k will be undead robots or the commie smurfs with sisters and the xenos that didn't come out in 2011 and another SM book for 2012.

quinn
02-14-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm just glad that they are finally updating an army that I'm interested in. After painting 6K points of Dark Elves and finishing up the same in Warriors of Chaos, I'm ready for a new army to take on. I always liked the 'Tomb Kings' background but have never liked the models (Ushabti excepted..) so I never considered adding them to the collection, but now I'm excited to see what they do with them. I was about to pick a 40K army to work on, but it looks like I won't have to now..:D

novatomato
02-14-2011, 03:56 PM
What do people think those 'sneak peak' pictures are of? I would think one of them would be from a new unit/monster and the other from an updated model. I know some people think the first picture is of a sphinx, and I personally think the second is going to be from a re-done Bone Giant.
I actually kinda hope the don't redo the Ushabti, those models are pure sweetness.

Morgan Darkstar
02-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Well it looks like my Decision on a new fantasy army has been made for me lol :)

i think the sneak peek may be a new chariot.

novatomato
02-14-2011, 05:14 PM
A chariot actually makes quite a bit of sense. If they are going to redo the skeletons then they have to redo cavalry, catapults, and chariots. Which coincidentally could possibly mean a redo/knew Tomb King/Prince box.

eldargal
02-15-2011, 12:38 AM
General consensus on the preview pics seems to be Tomb Guard pauldron/ Sphinx chest.

eldargal
02-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Cruddace is writing it, his first WFB book I think, and apparently there won;t be a plastic sphinx but some silly giant scorpion.:(

Legoklods
02-15-2011, 08:28 AM
I look forward to anything that isn't 4 editions old. (Curret book came out just before 6th edition).

wrong. The book came out early in 6th edition and right now we're in 8th. It's same age as Wood Elves and Ogre Kingdoms... the 2 armies I play.

Anyway does anyone know what new stuff will be comming? I've heard no rumors...:confused:

Albavar
02-15-2011, 09:41 AM
It came out in the boxed army set nearly 6 months prior to the independent release of the book. This was just before 6th edition. I remember very specifically cutting skeletons at the glue joints to change my mix in time for Grand Tourney in Chicago.

klunc
03-04-2011, 12:52 AM
It came out in the boxed army set nearly 6 months prior to the independent release of the book. This was just before 6th edition. I remember very specifically cutting skeletons at the glue joints to change my mix in time for Grand Tourney in Chicago.

There are no books in use now that were around before 6th Edition. Everything was updated to 6th Ed using Ravening Hordes, then TK got their book pretty early on. (Late 2001???)

Drachenprinzen
03-04-2011, 09:04 AM
I was at my local shop when they were placing a GW order. I convinced him to ask when TK's will come out. Without hesitation, the GW representative stated "In May."

eldargal
03-29-2011, 08:51 AM
There is a new Incoming article on Tomb Kings up on GWs website:
https://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=14300091a

It confirms the codex is being written by Cruddace. It also shows what kits are not being updates, or so we assume.

DrLove42
03-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Spoke to my Guy in GW

Said advance orders are up on the 6th April

With Blackboxes in store that week, for a preview weekend on the 9th

Farseer Uthiliesh
04-06-2011, 06:27 PM
How long until someone modifies the army cover so that the Liche king is playing a guitar instead of holding a scythe? ;)

Crevab
04-10-2011, 12:35 AM
So, how accurate do you think this page is (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=&pIndex=2&aId=16000016a&multiPageMode=true&start=3)?

Skellies cost cut in half. I bet they lose Arrows of the Asp.

Chariots do d6 now instead of d3.

Also in the interview he mentioned that the NecroSphinx is Rare and the Warsphinx is Special.

Hmm, what else. Oh, this was on the Bone Giant page. "The Bone Giant is a great model to represent a Necrolith Colossus"

I hadn't looked at the big books fluff section, but between the Getting Started page and Cruddace saying they were a "blank slate". Are they making them more outright evil? With the whole "In life the Tomb Kings were always volatile, but in living death this turned to rage and a burning bitterness at the living for daring to breath whilst they could not" sounds like they belong more to the Forces of Destruction than every city-state for themselves

gcsmith
04-10-2011, 02:25 AM
I always thought they were impassive, like they would attack if you invaded, but would be willing to parle, if it meant taking down nagash in the long run.

Deadlift
04-10-2011, 04:18 AM
Did anyone notice the models in the back on the far left on the video, not sure but to me it looked like Ushabti with very large bows, is this something that comes in their blister packs now ? Or where they a sneak peak at maybe something for the second wave.

They also mentioned in the video that the battle report was against High Elves, with all the fuss about the necrosphinx being a monster killer, I bet we see one munching on a dragon or two in that game.

billytwix
04-14-2011, 12:30 PM
hoping for some ushabti mega archers, hopefully wave 1.5 / 2 whatever you call the 2nd half of the month will include some characters, some plastic ushabti, and some indication on whats coming in the new battalion box.
my hopes are dimmed for the ushabti however due to all the painted old style ones they've been flashing off. or maybe thats just to throw us off the trail. we'll see

TheBitzBarn
04-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Those are Ushabti with Great Bows. 30 inch and S6 Volley Fire and there are pics of then in the book as I have it in Hand.

The Bone Giant is Gone and called Necrolith Colossus.

Arrows of Asp is gone completely they replaced it with Arrows of Asaph and Archer and Horse Archers both have the ability