PDA

View Full Version : 2k Wolf Drop Pod List

blackarmchair
02-14-2011, 12:26 AM
So I've been working on a new way to play my wolves that isn't razorback or thunderwolf spam. I've landed (no pun intended) on drop pods, and this list I think is quite good.

The general plan is to drop in Logan with the Long Fangs (the 'Logan Bomb') along with the hunters (joined by a wolf guard and a priest) these guys melta the poop out of transports and beg the squad inside to charge them. They're almost guaranteed to get their counter-attack off with the priest and I can even have Logan give the army +1 attack per guy if I like.

C&C?

+ Logan Grimnar [275]

+ Rune Priest [110]
- Chooser of the Slain
- Jaws of the World Wolf, Living Lightning

+ Rune Priest [110]
- Saga of the Beastslayer
- Jaws of the World Wolf, Murderous Hurricane

+ Dreadnought [150]
- Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer; Drop Pod

+ Dreadnought [150]
- Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer; Drop Pod

+ Wolf Guard Pack [335]
- 2x Terminators with Wolf Claw & Storm Shield
- 3x Terminators with Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield
- Drop Pod

+ Wolf Guard Pack [130]
- 3x Wolf Guard with Powerfist & Combi-Melta

+ Grey Hunters Pack [185]
- 8x Grey Hunters; 1x Meltagun; 1x Wolf Standard, 1x Mark of Wulfen
- Drop Pod

+ Grey Hunters Pack [185]
- 8x Grey Hunters; 1x Meltagun; 1x Wolf Standard, 1x Mark of Wulfen
- Drop Pod

+ Grey Hunters Pack [200]
- 9x Grey Hunters; 1x Meltagun; 1x Wolf Standard, 1x Mark of Wulfen
- Drop Pod

+ Long Fangs Pack [175]
- 1x Pack Leader
- 5x Long Fangs with Multi-Meltas
- Drop Pod

Total: 2000

Demonus
02-14-2011, 08:55 AM
I like it. Please tell me how it does as I was thiinkg of something Similar for my Wolves.

Whoop!
02-14-2011, 10:03 AM
I like it looks tight.

Since you got Logan why not use Wolf guard instead of gray hunters?three more points a model and you get an extra attack.

I would definitely like to see a battle report for this list.

Take it to them!

blackarmchair
02-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Since you got Logan why not use Wolf guard instead of gray hunters?three more points a model and you get an extra attack.

I would definitely like to see a battle report for this list.

Take it to them!

Yeah, I take Hunters simply for versatility, having a bolter & and a bolt pistol is real nice. I AM toying around with dropping the Hunters squad without a priest for like a 6-man Wolf Guard unit all with combi melta/plasma plus a couple power weapons. We'll see.

I definitely will put up a battle report up on my blog this coming weekend with this list. Look for it on Sunday or so.

lowdog
02-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Only addition I'd have is give the termies with wolf claws and storm shields double claws. Way I figure there are already 3 storm shields in the unit you can distribute high ap/power weapon hits on to, so save the points and get the extra high initiative attacks.