PDA

View Full Version : Spearhead, Outflank & Reserves

40kGamer
08-31-2009, 08:57 AM
Hello everyone!

Need help with a basic question - I am just starting to play around with outflanking and reserves. From the way the rules read reserves always arrive from your long board edge and outflankers always arrive from one of the short edges. Does this hold true in a spearhead? The deployment makes units arriving from reserve / flanking feel odd. :)

Thanks!

Culven
08-31-2009, 09:22 AM
Yes, this will still be tha case in Spearhead. The Deployment Zone has no bearing upon which sides Reserves and Outflanking units arrive from.

mkerr
08-31-2009, 09:30 AM
Need help with a basic question - I am just starting to play around with outflanking and reserves. From the way the rules read reserves always arrive from your long board edge and outflankers always arrive from one of the short edges. Does this hold true in a spearhead? The deployment makes units arriving from reserve / flanking feel odd. :)

Good question; a lot of players play this incorrectly. When you are playing a Spearhead mission, your Reserves can come on anywhere on your long table edge (yes, even outside of your deployment zone) and your outflanking units come on from the short table edges (which can be in your deployment zone).

-- mkerr

40kGamer
08-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys!

For some reason it feels weird with the spearhead deployment. I'm glad to know that I didn't misread it!

Jeremy