PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Armour 11: The Doom of Mymeara.

eldargal
02-11-2011, 05:13 AM
Ok, time for an IA11 compilation I think.

We have:

The Book, obviously. Eldar vs Space Wolves & Elysians. Rumoured release in August as of April 2nd.

Shadow Spectres (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Eldar/SHADOW-SPECTRES-ASPECT-WARRIOR-SQUAD.html)
Unknown Aspect
Wasp Assault Walker (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/ELDAR-WASP-ASSAULT-WALKER.html)
Lynx, large flier with sonic pulsar/d-cannon.
Hornet (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Eldar/ELDAR-HORNET.html)
Warp Hunter (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Eldar/ELDAR-WARP-HUNTER.html)
Phantom Titan (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/Eldar-Phantom-Titan.html), a phantom titan. Possible Warlock Titan parts in the works.
Wraithseer. (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/Wraithseer.html)
Corsair conversion kit. (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/Corsairs.html)

And some new rumours:

There will be a new Phoenix Lord. Unknown if it'll be for a new Aspect or one of the current ones.

Spectre Exarch is almost done.

New characters.

All confirmed by FW.

Mellowshade
02-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Am so looking forward to this book, Space Wolves my current working on army and Eldar, my oldest, truest love together. Plus wonderful new Aspect warriors, a blast from the past with the warp hunter and finally a main line battle titan that isn't Imperial.

Just need a house to keep those titans in now, no room in the flat.

eldargal
02-11-2011, 09:13 AM
I can hardly wait myself, I'm holding off buying any of the new Eldar stuff until I can get the book with it. Its difficult not to just go and buy a bunch of Warp Hunters and Spectres right now.

Connjurus
02-11-2011, 09:37 AM
I don't play Eldar, but the look of the Shadow Spectres really made me want to - that, and the rules are pretty damn cool.

Unzuul the Lascivious
02-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Any news on new Space Wolf FW minis yet? Champing at the bit - my brother is using my Wolves to play a campaign against my Dark Eldar right now, so I kinda want to show them some love too (firstly by finishing the FW SW dreadnought I bought and never finished!) by introducing new models - and maybe finally making Canis Wolfborn worth fielding!

StraightSilver
02-11-2011, 09:47 AM
The Elysians are apparently gorgeous, imagine the Rebel troopers from the Hoth Battle in Empire Strikes Back.

Kind of like normal Elysians but with fur hoods, goggles and snow jackets.

And its not just Elysians apparently, there will be some snow Cadians released too, which look like the old Jes Goodwin greatcoat guardsman.

So effectively Cadians in long coats with gloves and respirators.

And there's also that crazy Malcador with the titan flamer too.

Don't know much more than that I'm afraid, but I am looking forward to this one.

Connjurus
02-11-2011, 09:55 AM
So effectively Cadians in long coats with gloves and respirators.

I'm sold.

Defenestratus
02-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Time to give us more red meat to chew on FW.

Mellowshade
02-11-2011, 10:08 AM
I can hardly wait myself, I'm holding off buying any of the new Eldar stuff until I can get the book with it. Its difficult not to just go and buy a bunch of Warp Hunters and Spectres right now.

I'll wait until the exarch is released to get a full squad and a warp hunter so they are painted ready for the book if it isn't out yet.

Gotthammer
02-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Cadians (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/CADIAN-HOSTILE-ENVIRONMENT-TROOPS-CONVERSION-SET.html)and the Malcador Infernus (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Imperial_Guard_Super_Heavy_Tanks/MALCADOR-INFERNUS.html) are up now.

Connjurus
02-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Hah, the paint-job kinda reminds me of the AT-AT pilots from the Empire Strikes Back.

Mellowshade
02-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Wow, chemical ammunition is really worth the extra 10 pts. Shame its on a limited arc slow moving fire magnet :p Still, the Malcador is an awesome chassis and this is another great looking model. Feeling ambivilent towards the cadians.

wittdooley
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Wow, chemical ammunition is really worth the extra 10 pts. Shame its on a limited arc slow moving fire magnet :p Still, the Malcador is an awesome chassis and this is another great looking model. Feeling ambivilent towards the cadians.

Having a bit of trouble figuring out what the differences between that Cadian and a Normal Cadian are, save the helmet differences.

Malachi
02-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Any new Space Wolf stuff coming out with this?

DrLove42
02-11-2011, 03:20 PM
The snow troopers are awesome. Star Wars proxy armies are gonna have a field day with this stuff

Xas
02-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Having a bit of trouble figuring out what the differences between that Cadian and a Normal Cadian are, save the helmet differences.

its normal cadian body with normal cadian helmet PLUS respirator mask to seal off the helmet totally and a backpack. you basically get torsi like the vraksian chaos guys but with cadian armor/helmet.

JMichael
02-14-2011, 12:13 PM
This will be the first IA book I've bought! Thanks for finally giving the Eldar some love!
But more IG...really? Would've been nice if it was Eldar and some other race...

DrLove42
02-14-2011, 12:43 PM
This will be the first IA book I've bought! Thanks for finally giving the Eldar some love!
But more IG...really? Would've been nice if it was Eldar and some other race...

Its Forge World

The Clue is in the name

Theres a reason they make 1 Xeno vehicle to every 10 Imperial ones....

Azrell
02-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Its Forge World

The Clue is in the name

Theres a reason they make 1 Xeno vehicle to every 10 Imperial ones....

That and 50% of the codexes are imperial... the Imperium VS the Galaxy is kinda the entire theme of 40k.

Brotherjames
02-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Any word on the fluff to IA 11?

eldargal
02-18-2011, 12:49 AM
Rumours point to an important Eldar Maiden World colonised by the Imperium, they come close to finding something very important to the Eldar on the world. The Eldar attack, retrieve what they want, then vanish. Both sides claiming victory.:rolleyes: All rumoured, apart from the Imperium being on an Eldar world.

eldargal
02-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Updating OP with this:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/ELDAR-WASP-ASSAULT-WALKER.html

Connjurus
02-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Updating OP with this:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/ELDAR-WASP-ASSAULT-WALKER.html

Holy **** they're troops. THEY'RE TROOPS. THAT IS AWESOME.

Three squads of War Walkers, then two or three squads of these...oh my god that is awesome.

I'm so glad I'm getting my friend into Eldar.

eldargal
02-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Yep, this is why I'm bouncing around at two in the morning instead of sleeping.:p I can now take something worthwhile alongside two units of Dire Avengers. Troops with 2 BS 4 bright lances/starcannons/whatever alongside the usual heavy Support options.

Connjurus
02-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Probably gonna convince my friend to bring 3 with two Scatter Lasers each - along with 3 War Walkers armed the same way outflanking, oh my - and then another unit with either two brightlances or brightlance/star cannon.

Unzuul the Lascivious
02-22-2011, 09:46 AM
These have a few of my Eldar friends jumping for joy too!

Defenestratus
02-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Rules are great. The models just dont do it for me though.

The canopy support "veins" look too thick.

energongoodie
02-22-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm hoping for some kind of Elysian storm troopers. Whatever Elysian stuff comes out though I'm getting it.
What's the chances of Elysians on Tauntauns?

eldargal
03-03-2011, 04:54 PM
All the experiemntal rules bar Hornet are being revised apparently, Spectres, Warp Hunter and Wasp. Warp Hunter weapon might be getting a boost, Spectres possibly a point reduction but certainly (as certain as rumours that is) to have their offensive capacity improved. Increased range was mentioned.

Connjurus
03-03-2011, 05:37 PM
All the experiemntal rules bar Hornet are being revised apparently, Spectres, Warp Hunter and Wasp. Warp Hunter weapon might be getting a boost, Spectres possibly a point reduction but certainly (as certain as rumours that is) to have their offensive capacity improved. Increased range was mentioned.

*rolls around in circles*

You know what? Screw my friend going Eldar.

I'm going Eldar. He can play Tau or something.

eldargal
03-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Edit: Nevermind, it is a conversion kit:
http://www.mywargame.com/2011/03/04/review-forgeworlds-eldar-wasp-assault-walker/comment-page-1/#comment-3246
via Warseer.

superOK
03-04-2011, 06:41 AM
Yeah, it's a pretty neat kit, though. The main body, pilot and guns are from the standard war walker, with the legs, pelvis, caopy and tail fin being new. It could do with a longer flying stem, tbh - it's hard to get the legs in a position that doesn't look dumb. I've gone for a running pose with mine.

In other news, the Shadow Spectres are lovely models.

Defenestratus
03-04-2011, 07:17 AM

I just used my warp hunters in a huge apoc battle and - I have to say that the flamer aether rift was *AWESOME*

between the two of them, they probably accounted for 40 plague marine deaths alone.

eldargal
03-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Oh I quite agree, the aether rift is excellent. Here are the relevent quotes from Warseer:

Had a chat with one of the forgeworld boys today (don't know if i can say names) today. He was only telling me what he could remember of the top of his head and speculating about other bits but:

-Specters more than likely getting an increased range and other tweaks like swapping hti and run for something useful.
-Warp hunters gun is being looked at an improved
-Phantom should at least be painted and ready for display at forgeworld open day if not ready for sale.
-They are definitely considering doing a warlock but didn't want to drive poor Will nuts by making him work on a titan for a year straight ^_^

There may have been other stuff i asked but can't remember now cos i slept in the car on the way home >.<

Edit: Remembered! -The Lynx probably coming out after the phantom as its been a lower priority.
and:

Well he was talking about recent updates/edits he's seen and out right said they put the rules out for play testing and feedback. From what i understood the range change is pretty much certain but I'm not sure how certain he was the Warp hunter was getting changed.
Having said that he did say the "D-cannons get bigger = more powerful" thing should hold true and that he'd like to see it changed to multiple shots but I don't know how much sway he holds ^_^

True but they haven't even designed them yet :)

Oh and its goign to be a body and weapon options like the warhound/reaver costing he reckoned around about as much as "a reaver" dunno if he meant just the body or +arms I forgot to ask like a tard >.<

Ghost of War
03-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Well I plan to get a Phantom titan.. and hope to then get the upgrade parts for a warlock titan when they come out.

Makes me nervous about putting a phantom together though. What parts should be upgradable beyond the head for a warlock?

eek!

Defenestratus
03-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Well I plan to get a Phantom titan.. and hope to then get the upgrade parts for a warlock titan when they come out.

Makes me nervous about putting a phantom together though. What parts should be upgradable beyond the head for a warlock?

eek!

Who knows - I'd imagine the arms will be able to be ... err... "armed" differently. Also you have to think that it will have shoulder weapons like the rev does and the current Lords of Battle PDF version does.

This past weekend - at our huge apoc game, my tiny little itty bitty revenant took over 19 str D shots in the face from my friends Imperator titan and it shrugged them all off (go go holofields and primary weapon saves!) What I'm interested is how resilient the phantom is going to be. In that same game, my phantom got 5 structure points knocked off of it in a round by a bunch of IG with meltaguns and bombs.

gwensdad
03-04-2011, 08:21 AM

eek!

If I recall my old Epic Eldar right, the only modeling difference was the head and the option of a giant Psycannon for one of the arms.

Defenestratus
03-04-2011, 08:28 AM
If I recall my old Epic Eldar right, the only modeling difference was the head and the option of a giant Psycannon for one of the arms.

Yeah well the model is going to look nothing like the original Epic Phantom unfortunately. Its going to look like an overblown Revenant. So any references back to that model/era aren't going to be honored.

Ghost of War
03-04-2011, 10:09 AM
I am going to pick up some shadow spectres at Adepticon this year. Is there SERIOUSLY no exarch model for them? I wonder if they will release one soon.

eldargal
03-10-2011, 09:03 PM
just had an email back from forgeworld, i asked if they would make an eldar character for the new IA and their reply was...

Hi there.
We may possibly produce a female Eldar character for our next Imperial Armour book.

Thanks
Tris Buckroyd

I'll be in my bunk.

DrLove42
03-11-2011, 04:07 AM
Firstly, Firefly reference FTW

Secondly...less than 3 weeks till the FW open day, so full reveal probably!

What I'm interested is how resilient the phantom is going to be. In that same game, my phantom got 5 structure points knocked off of it in a round by a bunch of IG with meltaguns and bombs.

As for this, i hope its more durable. There was talk of its holofield save being improved if it moved faster, but that doesn't help its main flaw...if it suffer 1 hit, and that hit shakes the driver *boom* you're as vulnerable as anything, especially with only AV12

I'm hoping for something like the Wave Serpents Energy fields...all shots (including Strength D) are downgraded to strength 8...

That'd help him a little

I'm not gonna get into an argument about how AV12 really sucks (and being a DE player I wish for AV12 in that army some times :p). But the fact that the entire defense system fails on 1 dice, the underarmour is lower than the big imperial ones...and if you try to structural repair you lose it then as well, not gonna be many places to hide something so big on the battlefield

Connjurus
03-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Firstly, Firefly reference FTW
(including Strength D) are downgraded to strength 8...

I don't think Volcano Cannons, Distortion Cannons, or Heavy Rail Guns care about your energy shields.

Defenestratus
03-11-2011, 08:26 AM
I don't think Volcano Cannons, Distortion Cannons, or Heavy Rail Guns care about your energy shields.

They should - as the rule for the energy fields downgrade ALL hits to Str 8, Str 7 for the Aspect assault wave. It makes the Wave serpent bar none the best sub-super-heavy transport in Apoc.

As for the phantom being fragile right now - its all how you roll to be honest. While my Phantom got raped by the breaching drill and melta vets - that same game, my Revenant withstood 19 str D hits from the Imperator titan and walked away with only a structure point of damage.

Being able to actually cast fortune on the titans would be a HUGE benefit.

MarneusCalgar
03-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Any comment on possible Space Wolves´s new wave??

Malachi
03-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Any comment on possible Space Wolves´s new wave??

FW Thunderwolves would be cool... but I'm not holding my breath.

DrLove42
03-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Another week, another newsletter

FW present the Lynx tank, with Pulsar or Sonic Lance

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ELDAR-LYNX-WITH-PULSAR.html

And the Exrach for the shadow spectres

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Eldar/SHADOW-SPECTRES-EXARCH.html

The Exarch is gorgeous (hopefully the rules will be up to stuff in the book...) and the Lynx is great. Getting one of each....

Other interesting stuff from the newsletter...

Will Hayes, having recently passed the mighty Phantom Titan over to Production, has begun working on slightly smaller Eldar upgrade components in recent days, and Stuart Williamson has turned his attention to Eldar of a slightly darker nature.

Phantom titan is nearly done AND FW Dark Eldar?

it also mentions the Fw raffle this year (usually a reaver) is still on...but it says "Which titan will be revealed next newsletter....could the Phantom be THAT close to release?

Daren Parrwood has recently finished work on a huge Imperial Guard armoured transport vehicle, while Phil Stutcinskas is surrounded by Rogue Trader-era reference details, shards of plasticard, and Space Marines

isotope99
03-18-2011, 04:17 PM
The lynx looks good and elegant.

Like a mini scorpion, which I guess is the intent.

The exarch looks like he's sitting on the toilet from this angle and isn't as cost effective as the main squad though.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/exarch2.jpg

wittdooley
03-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Sweet Lord am I impatient. Show us some of the Space Wolves stuff from the Dex!!! Just one model!!!

Anyways, all the sweet Eldar vehicles make me want to collect an army of them.

eldargal
03-18-2011, 04:38 PM
I love the Lynx, and the exarch though he doeslook like he is squatting from some angles. Its funny because one of the more recent rumours said the Lynx would be out after the Phantom titan.

scadugenga
03-18-2011, 08:39 PM
I love the look of the Lynx, but ruleswise, it's just a mini-me of the Scorpion.

Not sure they made a good decision making the Lynx rules the way they did...

And thank you for the toilet-pose thought...I can't look at the Exarch w/o thinking he feels constipated...

Gir
03-18-2011, 10:01 PM
I love the look of the Lynx, but ruleswise, it's just a mini-me of the Scorpion.

Kind of like what the description says it is.

scadugenga
03-19-2011, 12:04 AM
Kind of like what the description says it is.

The point being there's no real reason to use one in a game except for aesthetic purposes. :P

eldargal
03-19-2011, 12:09 AM
Lynx is better value, I'm rather hoping the larger vehicles may get a bit of a rules revamp in IA11 as well. As good as the Scorpion and Cobra are, they do seem a tad overpriced for what they do.

scadugenga
03-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Lynx is better value, I'm rather hoping the larger vehicles may get a bit of a rules revamp in IA11 as well. As good as the Scorpion and Cobra are, they do seem a tad overpriced for what they do.

But isn't that our eldar motif?

Overpriced for what we do. ;)

eldargal
03-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Well, yes, but it really ought to be 'expensive' rather than 'overpriced'. I'm sure they will be when the new codex arrives too.

scadugenga
03-19-2011, 12:25 AM
Well, yes, but it really ought to be 'expensive' rather than 'overpriced'. I'm sure they will be when the new codex arrives too.

Time will tell.

Personally, as long as Phil writes the codex--I have high hopes that your prediction will be accurate.

Expensive is fine.

Overpriced is annoying. :rolleyes:

Gir
03-19-2011, 02:11 AM
The point being there's no real reason to use one in a game except for aesthetic purposes. :P

That flyer rule is useful. Give up a turn of shooting to put it where ever it's needed + make it very hard to shoot and destroy.

DrLove42
03-19-2011, 11:00 AM
already ahve a question about that rule....when flying do you count as a superheavy flier? And use its damage table?

Cos if you do then it may be harder to hit, but gets destroyed easier....

Want a Lynx....compared to a scorpion, its much better value.

Theres one more newsletter 2 days before the open day. And then it'll be the open day and i'll see them soon enough!

Gir
03-20-2011, 06:48 PM
already ahve a question about that rule....when flying do you count as a superheavy flier? And use its damage table?

Well it's a super heavy, and it's a flyer, so I'd say so.

eldargal
03-25-2011, 06:36 PM
A little something for you Space Corgis':

I spoke with Forge World yesterday to reserve an order for pick up at Salute 2011 in London.

At the end of the order I asked a few questions regarding Imperial Armour 11 and the Space Wolves, I was told three things:

- The Space Wolf section will 'focus on a certain Great Company'
- Thunderwolves are definitely not included
- It is still uncertain which characters will have models made for them

And for the sake of thread completeness, the Eldar Phantom Titan:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/phantom-preview.jpg

DrLove42
03-26-2011, 04:51 AM
I know i'm buying one. Simple fact!

Just trying to figure out where i'm going to be storing it. I need to know if i keep it seperate at the hips, with a big pin and hole for in game support how big is each section gonna be? And if i do the same for guns (gotta keep them magnnetic for any future guns they release for it) will it fit into the GW super monster case? Cos i'll be damned if this guy just gets stored in a cardboard box. First class all the way!

eldargal
03-26-2011, 06:16 AM
I'm rather hoping Battlefoam might make a special tray for it. Do they do custom orders? Something to think about at any rate.

scadugenga
03-26-2011, 06:26 AM
Battlefoam does custom stuff, without a doubt, and they already have a Titan-sized case, so I"m sure Romeo will have one ready not long after the Phantom's released.

I'm digging my Pack 1520, it almost holds all my eldar!

Defenestratus
03-26-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm rather hoping Battlefoam might make a special tray for it. Do they do custom orders? Something to think about at any rate.

Save yourself some Money. Go to your home improvement store and buy yourself a "toughbox" from Stanley. (These are the same boxes that the US Army gives to the troops to pack all their belongings in when deploying) Then, go to the insulation aisle, and pick up a $20 sheet of 3" pink structural foam. With a hotknife or a hotwire cutter, make your own trays.

You'll save yourself tons of cash. Don't get me wrong, I have battlefoam trays for all my tanks, but for my titans and super heavy fliers, I have gone this route. The tough box can hold my Phantom, my Vampire, my Tempest, my revenant, all my fliers and all my tanks - all for a bit under $60 USD.

eldargal
03-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Hm good idea. I assume they would be available in Britain?

Defenestratus
03-26-2011, 08:45 AM

Couldn't tell you for sure. Look around. This is what you're looking for:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_W-OLykJh4lc/TVKtmYc8xLI/AAAAAAAANzs/kuTEXpXgSHM/s640/2011-02-09_10-06-04_476.jpg

DrLove42
03-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Pretty sure any hardware store will sell hardboxes over here.

And yeah Battlefoam really isn't an option over here. Bought 2 sets of the Space Hulk model foam, and the postage was as much as the foam alone!

MarneusCalgar
03-28-2011, 06:35 AM
Well, so no it´s clear that:

- Maybe Arjac Rockfist has a miniature for himself
- Thunderwolves will wait for 6th Edition
- Want to see the new company... Which one of the 13 you think it will be??

Gir
03-28-2011, 05:57 PM

If you're gonna spend that kind of money on a model, do yourself a favor and buy a battlefoam case. It will be much safer then a plastic box full of packing foam.

Defenestratus
03-28-2011, 06:35 PM
If you're gonna spend that kind of money on a model, do yourself a favor and buy a battlefoam case. It will be much safer then a plastic box full of packing foam.

I beg your pardon. The tolerances inside my "plastic box full of packing foam" is tighter than anything I've gotten from battlefoam. Not only that but its cheaper and more efficient.

Battlefoam is good stuff but ultimately overpriced when it comes to what it does. I dare say that its become the apple product of the miniatures community.

scadugenga
03-28-2011, 07:19 PM
I have to agree with Defenestratus--Battlefoam is excellent stuff, sure.

But nothing is going to fit as perfectly as the trays you cut to your own exact specifications.

eldargal
04-02-2011, 12:13 AM
I heard IA11 is due out in August, rather later than I thought.:(

Darkseer
04-02-2011, 01:08 AM
I want to know where the Space Wolves are.
This is torture.

eldargal
04-02-2011, 07:20 AM
New From ForgeWorld:

The Wraithseer:

Rare and precious beyond compare, their souls protected from the predations of Slaanesh within spirit stones, long-dead Warlocks of great power can still be summoned to aid their Craftworld in the form of a Wraithseer. Armed with a lethal D-Cannon and a Wraithblade wreathed in the eldritch energy of their psychic arts, a Wraithseer is a terrible and implacable foe.

The Eldar Wraithseer, designed by Will Hayes, is a complete resin and plastic kit that will be available in limited numbers at the Forge World Open Day prior to its release later in April. The kit costs £34
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/wraithseerp1.jpg
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/wraithseer5.jpg

The Corsair conversion kit:

There are many bands of so-called ‘Corsair’ Eldar scattered across the galaxy, and all are savage and deadly raiders. Outcasts from the strict confines of the Craftworlds, the Corsairs live in self-imposed exile, seeking to explore the galaxy and experience the full gamut of emotion and sensation accessible to the Eldar’s sensitive psyche.

Most are young and adventurous Eldar who will eventually return to their homes older, wiser and tempered by warfare. Some, however, embrace the raider’s life completely and fall further still, becoming ever more bloodthirsty and psychotic, indulging their darkest impulses and eventually seeking out the infamous Dark City.

The Eldar Corsair Conversion Kit is designed for use with the plastic Eldar range. Designed by Will Hayes, this resin upgrade kit contains detailed weapons, jump packs and heads that enable Eldar players to convert ten plastic Eldar Guardians into Corsairs. The Corsair kit will be available in limited numbers at the Forge World Open Day, priced at £18

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/corsairs.jpg
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/corsairs2.jpg
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/corsairs1.jpg

Defenestratus
04-02-2011, 07:34 AM
I'd like to know if the wraithseer can cast psychic powers or whether he's just a badass wraithlord with a big honkin gun and wraithsword.

Also, will the wraithseer suffer from wraithsight. That'd be ... such a play on words :P

eldargal
04-02-2011, 07:37 AM
I'm eagerly awaiting the rules for that as well. I do hope he doesn't suffer from Wraithsight, imagine a wraithguard and wraithlrod heavy army anchored by Wraithseer 'spiritseers'. Very lovely.

Defenestratus
04-02-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm eagerly awaiting the rules for that as well. I do hope he doesn't suffer from Wraithsight, imagine a wraithguard and wraithlrod heavy army anchored by Wraithseer 'spiritseers'. Very lovely.

One thing I DO like however is the focus that FW is putting on D-Weapons. With the Warp Hunter, the phnantom's super massive D-cannon and now the wraithseer's D-cannon... I've always loved the idea of a gun that sucks *******s in to the warp - but the GW/codex version of the gun just doesn't work because of its only available on a stupid weapons platform. Loving it now. The warp hunter has to be my most favoritest Eldar tank these days.

eldargal
04-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Absolutely, I've always loved D-Cannons and it has been a source of much annoyance how little I get to field them. Heck I bought a bunch of the new support weapons simply to have D-Cannons even though I never field them.

I wish IA11 would hurry up and come out so I can buy a squadron or two of Warp Hunters.:(

Xenith
04-02-2011, 08:00 AM
My goodness the wraithseer is sexy.

Heres hoping that wraithlords can be armed with D cannons in the next codex! And aspect Lords, too.

Is it just me, or are the corsairs harking back to the Jes Goodwin originals, with the mouth grilles and las-weaponry?

eldargal
04-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Yep, I posted some of the old RT era art on the previous page if you want to check.:)

DrLove42
04-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Live from warhammer world!

Ia11 won't be out till september, nor will the phantom titan or the other bits

The wraithseer is a physci hq wraithlord with a 4+ invuln

Ia12....-s looking to be DE! On display is a haywire launcher raider, and a super heavy double hulled skimmer

The jetpack eldar in ia11 have a phoenix lord, but not necessarily a model for it?

Phantom titan is 2300pts, the pulsar is 3 shots, it can turn driver shaken into gun shaken

Thebook is condensing all eldar into one book, so no need to carry a lot around!

More when I get home and can update properly..

eldargal
04-03-2011, 06:31 AM
Dark Eldar in IA12? God I won't be leaving my bunk for 18 months at this rate.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/269545463.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1301835301&Signature=215q0fuALOnQxA6pyqZXi4L%2B1tQ%3D
Want.

Melissia
04-03-2011, 06:46 AM
It's good to see Eldar getting new stuff!

MC Tic Tac
04-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Only thing I remember for IA11 is that the Space Wolves are Bran Redmaw's great company.

Bran has 2 Profiles one as a Marine and one for when he goes all Wulfen on your *** - if you roll a 4 or less at the start of the SW turn.

Because of this the only unit type he can join is Fenrsian Wolf packs.

Oh and all Grey Hunters in his army may infiltrate and "Behind Enemy Lines" just like wolf Scouts.

DrLove42
04-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Just had another quick flick thru the rules

Corsairs army lists are in. They can take allied kabalite warriors.
And harlequins. The solitaire is a HQ choice

Apoc data sheet. 550 pt avatar. Has 2D6 wounds and the wailing doom is a strength D blast. And a 2+ armour save

The book is primarily eldar, then guard and a smidge of wolves

Defenestratus
04-03-2011, 07:48 AM
loving the wraithlord with the invulnerable save. Imagine a t8 fortuned wraithlord in close combat. I'm a bit bummed about the phantom pulsar apparently being the same number of shots as a reaver TLD. Hopefully the d-cannon will make up the points because as it stands in the lords of battle book, the phantom isn't worth its points.

scadugenga
04-03-2011, 12:11 PM
I preordered my wraithseer at adepticon yesterday. They sadly didn't have much in stock for the new eldar. The phantom when seen in person is just...awe-inspiring. Hate on it all you want, in person, it's just...epic.

The folks from FW stated that opening day alone of adepticon they did more than 50% of their total take at Games Day 2010 in Baltimore. That's not even taking into consideration the cash transactions. I think they'll be coming back, and maybe heading to bolscon-I-mean-wargamescon if this is the turnout they can expect.

The nice bit about preordering/purchasing @ the FW booth--free shipping. ;)

DrLove42
04-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Now I'm home I'm just gonna regurgitate everything i remember....

Phantom Titan

WS 3, BS 4, 12/12/11 Init 2, Attacks 3

8 Structure Points

Don't expect it on sale till Gamesday (which is September here in Blighty).
Comes in at a hefty 2300 points. Features the Cobra cannon, the pulsar (which is 3 shots), the starcannon (3 shots instead of 2), which can be swapped for a pulse laser for free. Also has missile battery (S8 AP3 4 shots) and a AA mounted missile battery (S5 AP5 AA Mount). Usual 4+ invuln if it moved, but can chose to turn driver stunned into gunner stunned, so should only stop moving if it gets immobilised. Has the usual rules for fleeting titans as well, and weapons have a 12" minimum range. Only current other weapon is the sword seen previously. Will hasn't finished making it yet, but the sword comes with a 2nd twin linked starcannon built in. He also hasn't ruled out expanding the line of guns

The lady with the rule book (who i'm sure is an important person, i just don't know her name) said the reaction today towards the rules was mixed, so might be changing. (Personally I'm in the mind they are a little too expensive. 2000 points seems a better point...that fleeting instead of shooting rule is overated IMO)

As for magnetising and weapon swapping, the "torso" component comes with the body, the arm, the elbox joint and the hand. The "Gun" comes attatched to the forearm. So either can be magnetised at both ends, or drill through the arm and have a massive pin/rod from elbow to hand

Warlock Titan

Will Hayes wants this. And it will happen. But probably not till the next FW Eldar book (his words) so means we get another Eldar book! it'll be the same size as a phantom, but more ornate, with more wraithbone extrusions. He joked about having the psycannon mounted on the side of the arm, so both hands were free for a giant spear

IA11

Few months off yet, still finalising the fluff at the beginning. Focuses on Eldar, with some guard and a tiny smidge of Wolves. All eldar models ever made have rules in it, so no need to carry multiple books.

Artwork is amazing. The pictures of the eldar squadrons stalking through the tundra, with the nights sky are simply astonishing

Shadow spectres get Phoenix Lord, didn't read the stats

Corsairs get Allied DE with craftworlds, and a few new unique units and HQ choices

Solitaire is in a HQ for corsairs. Doesn't make quins troops. Can only field 1, even in Apoc. Can carry a Vortex grenade in apoc for 75pts

Apoc data sheets, including one which is a 550pt Avatar, has 2D6 wounds, a 2+ armour save and his wailing doom is upgraded to a Strength D 10" template. However hes still a monstrous creature, not a gargant. He's important in the story as its the avatars last stand so he goes out in a literal blaze of glory. So at the end of the game he takes D6 wounds with no saves of any kind allowed

Phantom Titans rules are above

The Wraithseer is a HQ wraithlord, his physic powers include one which force an enemy unit to take a moral check at -1 or fall back immediatly. Another gives one wraithlord or wraithguard near him fleet (!). And the other, if a friendly wriath unit within 6" dies roll a D6. On a 6 its still alive, with one wound left

Lane
04-03-2011, 06:35 PM
The folks from FW stated that opening day alone of adepticon they did more than 50% of their total take at Games Day 2010 in Baltimore.

Not Surprising, I know a lot of veteran players who feel Games day is a waste of time unless you are entering the Golden daemon. Since Vets are more likely to set money aside for Forgeworld kits and have the skills to build them I would expect good sales at a veteran event.

When GD was a two day event with more gaming it was worth the trip, especially if in a club that rented space at a hotel for open gaming.

Defenestratus
04-03-2011, 07:37 PM
The lady with the rule book (who i'm sure is an important person, i just don't know her name) said the reaction today towards the rules was mixed, so might be changing. (Personally I'm in the mind they are a little too expensive. 2000 points seems a better point...that fleeting instead of shooting rule is overated IMO)

Totally overcosted and underpowered. Considering the Reaver can put out MORE firepower ... not even interested in it until the guns get ramped up.

Defensively it sounds good.

wittdooley
04-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I preordered my wraithseer at adepticon yesterday. They sadly didn't have much in stock for the new eldar. The phantom when seen in person is just...awe-inspiring. Hate on it all you want, in person, it's just...epic.

The folks from FW stated that opening day alone of adepticon they did more than 50% of their total take at Games Day 2010 in Baltimore. That's not even taking into consideration the cash transactions. I think they'll be coming back, and maybe heading to bolscon-I-mean-wargamescon if this is the turnout they can expect.

The nice bit about preordering/purchasing @ the FW booth--free shipping. ;)

Hopefully next year they better prepare for the FW demand and have more than just poor Kenton manning the registers.

eldargal
04-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Yay Insomnia again, sleep is for the weak and smelly.

Ok, so according to several people on Warseer the Phantom rules have alrady changes drastically from what was on display:

Honestly, do not worry about the phantoms rules. Allan has taken over the rules for the eldar and he has made a lot of changes from the rules that were shown in the book.

Phantom has improved front armour.

The guns are extremely better than what was listed. Longer range, more shots, more damage output for example.

I will also say that ap1 does not stack with str d to give +2 on the damage table I am afraid. Allan faq'd this with the only other model to have such a gun (the manta). So that makes the pulsar worse though it does have 4 shots. However it is the d cannon that I am in love with. Kind of wish I had got two d cannon arms :(

IA11 is a good few months away unfortunately.

The rules for all of the eldar stuff has changed since the playtest rules and has changed again since the version they had on show. In particular the phantom titan is seeing large changes and they are still playtesting it! It will be more points that the copy they had there stated, much better guns, higher armour value and better holo fields. Alan was kind enough to tell me the rules he expects to be the final ones after I proved to him that I bought the first phantom Titan and said I can't play with it without rules lol. What a legend!

It will be a nice model to use with pros and cons in comparison to the warlord which is the same points cost so there comments were correct with regards to it's power!

Another example is the lynx which is seeing a huge point increase (only fair) the shadow spectres which will be both cheaper and better. Gun getting longer range too and squad size increase so you can have the 5 man squad and the exarch for example.

Hornets have changed and can now move and fire both guns which was it's biggest flaw. Can also become a flyer.

War walkers have been adressed too.

Too much to discuss at once!

DrLove42
04-04-2011, 06:34 AM
Glad to hear the rules for the Phantom are changing

Compare it to a Reaver...or better yet a Chaos Reaver

Chaos reaver is 750pts cheaper. It has better armour all round, completly ignores driver and gunner shakens. Can be significant;y more heavily armed (up to 9 Strength D 5" blasts) and completly ignore the first 4 hits that damage the shields. Shields which with the number of structure points it has can be recovered.

On the other hand the Phantom has one less primary weapon, but a few extra smaller weapons. Much smaller. The weapons it has have less shots (at present). But it does have 3(?) more structure points and its wonderful shield and fleetness (little bit of sarcasm there)

Also the AA missile battery? At only S5 is just a token gesture. With things like the Valk and Storm Raven now being used a fliers, the age of the armour 10 flier is over. So it can't even damage the 2 most common of the fighters (which is gonna be even worse when the Summer of Fliers hits), and the few remaining armour 10 fliers are going to be hardly worried by it, what with their 4+ save and only being damaged on a 5+

Either keep the rules as they are but cut the points to maybe 1900 (the 4+ invulnerable is still pretty good...even though statistically its hit and miss) or keep the points as they are, give everyweapon an extra shot (2 shot cobra cannon....ouch).

If they made the Pulsar an Apoc Barrage (2+D3) I would't be compaining....

Defenestratus
04-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Glad to hear the rules for the Phantom are changing

Compare it to a Reaver...or better yet a Chaos Reaver

Chaos reaver is 750pts cheaper. It has better armour all round, completly ignores driver and gunner shakens. Can be significant;y more heavily armed (up to 9 Strength D 5" blasts) and completly ignore the first 4 hits that damage the shields. Shields which with the number of structure points it has can be recovered.

On the other hand the Phantom has one less primary weapon, but a few extra smaller weapons. Much smaller. The weapons it has have less shots (at present). But it does have 3(?) more structure points and its wonderful shield and fleetness (little bit of sarcasm there)

Also the AA missile battery? At only S5 is just a token gesture. With things like the Valk and Storm Raven now being used a fliers, the age of the armour 10 flier is over. So it can't even damage the 2 most common of the fighters (which is gonna be even worse when the Summer of Fliers hits), and the few remaining armour 10 fliers are going to be hardly worried by it, what with their 4+ save and only being damaged on a 5+

Either keep the rules as they are but cut the points to maybe 1900 (the 4+ invulnerable is still pretty good...even though statistically its hit and miss) or keep the points as they are, give everyweapon an extra shot (2 shot cobra cannon....ouch).

If they made the Pulsar an Apoc Barrage (2+D3) I would't be compaining....

The AA battery struck me as hilarious too. Considering the AV10 fighter is not to be seen (unless you're Eldar) with the plastic AV12 fliers. It needs to be Str 8. Make the other missile a blast weapon of some sort.

What are peoples' thoughts on whether they'll take this opportunity to go rewrite some of the existing FW eldar rules like the Vampire hunter.

When the nightwing and phoenix first came out, they both had twin linked everything. TWL shuriken cannons, twin linked bright lances, twin linked phoenix missile launchers...With IA Apoc, they untwinlinked a lot of the weapons on these two fliers, yet the vampire hunter is still plagued by a twin linked pulsar instead of two separate pulsars.

My vampire cries out for updated rules. Its too pretty to not have more shots.

DrLove42
04-08-2011, 05:35 AM
Phantom Titan is up for preorder

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhamme...ITAN-BODY.html

Shipped 26th April

The experimental rules for it are up as well...and they ARE different to those seen at the open day. Its now more expensive!

New rules are awesome!

13/13/11, Init 3, 3 attacks
Permantn 5+ save
4+ save if it moved
3+ if it moves flat out and fires no weapons
Pulsar is 4 shots
D cannon now has D3 rolls on the superheavy chart for each hit
Star Cannon is now S6, it was 7 at the open day
The AA weapon is now S 7 ap 3
Missile battery is 4 shots
But its now 2500 points!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/drlove42/phant-reaver.jpg

BigGrim
04-08-2011, 05:56 AM
Monstrous! Love it! Want one!:D

Defenestratus
04-08-2011, 06:06 AM
Waaaaaay too expensive
2000 pts for that would have been just fine.

Gir
04-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Waaaaaay too expensive
2000 pts for that would have been just fine.

I would argue that the Reaver is WAY too cheap.

DrLove42
04-08-2011, 06:11 AM
2000 would be a little cheap for it...but yeah 2500 is Warlord territory. Which I know in Epic is where the phantom roughly was?

Compared to a warlord, we don't get its 6 void shields, we get a lower armour value, 1 less structure point and we have 1 less weapon "hardpoint". But in return we get a permanant save, that improves, ability to always move, to move fast, a variety of secondary weapons, including one AA, as well as better Init and attack value. The phantom now strikes simultaneous with a lot of units, and now, crucially makes it CC attacks before Power fists, limiting CC damage. I'm kinda happy at this points cost, 2350 would have been nice.

Also this points means its too expensvie to enter into my areas superheavy tournement... :(

eldargal
04-08-2011, 06:29 AM
I think 2300 would have been betterbut I'd still take it for 2500. Take two, one with two d cannons for titan hunting, one with two pulsars for blowing other things up. Hm maybe a third with one of each.:rolleyes:

Glad its coming out now not in august/september.

DrLove42
04-08-2011, 06:42 AM
I think 2300 would have been betterbut I'd still take it for 2500. Take two, one with two d cannons for titan hunting, one with two pulsars for blowing other things up. Hm maybe a third with one of each.:rolleyes:

And then 2 warlock titan in a few years :P

Glad they're out now, but not going to be buying one until all the rest is out and i can just band it up in one big order....so when the Wraithseer, the corsairs and the book is released...one big package for the postman!

Also don't know if anyone else has watched the developer interviews...but they're kinda interesting!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/Phantom_Titan.html

Defenestratus
04-08-2011, 07:35 AM
I would argue that the Reaver is WAY too cheap.

I'd argue that the Warlord is too cheap. Firepower is king and the warlord has no shortage of it. The movement rules for the eldar titans are so superfluous that they shouldn't even be factored into the points cost.

Melissia
04-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Do elysiand get anything new?

eldargal
04-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Yes I won't be buying it until the book comes out. Which I can hardly wait for.:( Want /eyetwitch.

I'm not sure about Elysian specific things Mel, but there is a ne IG mobile bunker thing coming out.

Sophia
05-25-2011, 01:16 AM
Just had another quick flick thru the rules

Corsairs army lists are in. They can take allied kabalite warriors.
And harlequins. The solitaire is a HQ choice

Apoc data sheet. 550 pt avatar. Has 2D6 wounds and the wailing doom is a strength D blast. And a 2+ armour save

The book is primarily eldar, then guard and a smidge of wolves

Any more on this? Details, I mean? I'm desperately trying to buy everything I'll need before the embargo to Australia in a couple of days, and even though a few people have gotten a good look at the upcoming book, there's no real solid list of what can be taken. Kabalite warriors are in the list, then? Anything else from the DE codex? Anything from the Eldar codex, for that matter? Jetbikes/Vypers/etc? Curious minds want to know!

DrLove42
05-25-2011, 02:19 AM
Kabalites are in a corsair list, which uses allied DE, Craftworlders and Outcasts...but can't use every model in the 3 books. Think in fact that Warriors are the only DE choice in the book

As for when...I dunno. I'd imagined it to be out by now, but at the open day they said UK Games Day (September)

Anggul
05-25-2011, 03:04 AM
I'm really looking forward to the Solitaire the most I think.

The Avatar sounds great apart from the '2D6 wounds' thing, unless by that you meant 7, which I'd say is too much.

Sophia
05-25-2011, 04:36 AM
Kabalites are in a corsair list, which uses allied DE, Craftworlders and Outcasts...but can't use every model in the 3 books. Think in fact that Warriors are the only DE choice in the book

As for when...I dunno. I'd imagined it to be out by now, but at the open day they said UK Games Day (September)

Ah, okay, thanks! Do you know what models from the Craftworld list are likely to be included?

Ulthwé Guardian
05-28-2011, 10:26 AM
I couldn't help but notice the reference in the June issue of White Dwarf (Issue 378, p94-95)

"Full rules for the Phantom Titan can be found in
Imperial Armour 11: The Doom of Mymeara"

I'm curious to know if this is a clue to an imminent release....?

MarneusCalgar
05-28-2011, 06:07 PM
I couldn't help but notice the reference in the June issue of White Dwarf (Issue 378, p94-95)

"Full rules for the Phantom Titan can be found in
Imperial Armour 11: The Doom of Mymeara"

I'm curious to know if this is a clue to an imminent release....?

Hope it does!!!

Sure it has to be released this year, so I think and hope, just opinion, summer is a good date!!!

Ulthwé Guardian
06-17-2011, 02:06 AM
I'm curious to know if this Forge World Imperial Strongpoint Realm of Battle Expansion (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/Strongpoint.html) will be apart of the The Doom of Mymeara book.

eldargal
06-17-2011, 02:54 AM
I wouldn't be surprised, it was painted up as being on an Ice World and IA11 is on an Ice World, and it is supposed to be released around the time of IA11.

Ulthwé Guardian
08-11-2011, 11:04 AM
At last a preview of IA11!!

Source: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=17700032a

Dalleron
08-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Those pictures preview nothing new to the Eldar, or SW. The Vampire Hunter/Raider already exist and have rules elsewhere. If they showed something different, then it might be noteworthy.

Ulthwé Guardian
08-12-2011, 04:11 AM
If you're looking for previews of new units, then yes this preview is somewhat disappointing. Personally I'm interested in the book as a whole i.e. history, stories, units, campaign, missions and so forth.

This preview may not show much, but it represents a milestone that displays an official showing online.

On another note I asked the Forgeworld Facebook site, for an estimated release date to IA11. Surprisingly they replied:We're looking at a November/December release for Imperial Armour 11, yes - although this is subject to change as always."
03 August at 15:05

Great days are ahead!

eldargal
08-12-2011, 04:26 AM
It is still exciting for those of us who can barely wait for the book. Thanks for posting Mr Ulthwe.:)

Those pictures preview nothing new to the Eldar, or SW. The Vampire Hunter/Raider already exist and have rules elsewhere. If they showed something different, then it might be noteworthy.

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-12-2011, 05:04 AM
It is still exciting for those of us who can barely wait for the book. Thanks for posting Mr Ulthwe.:)

Indeed, I'm really looking forward to read the new backround on the Eldar - such as the craftworld featured, and of course the Corsairs too. FW backround tends to be more mature/better written too - so itll probably be top-notch stuff.

eldargal
08-12-2011, 05:26 AM
Not to mention a new Phoenix Lord! I hope they make it a girl. They won;t make it a girl.:(

DrLove42
08-12-2011, 05:51 AM
Technically do the Phoenix Lords actually have a gender?

eldargal
08-12-2011, 05:54 AM
Yep, unlike exarchs which seem to be gestalt consciousnesses, the Phoenix Lord maintains the personality of the original Lord while obliterating the personality of whomever dons their armour to revive them. So Jain Zar is Jain Zar, the female first student of Asurman who pioneered the Howling Banshee Aspect.

MarneusCalgar
08-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Hope they release any new miniature for my Space Pups... Maybe Arjac??

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Not to mention a new Phoenix Lord! I hope they make it a girl. They won;t make it a girl.:(

Yeah, That's what I'm most curious about actually. Seems FW are doing with Eldar what I thought GW main should of done in the first place - new aspects, craftworlds, characters ect. New stuff once in a while is really important to keep an army "fresh" if you ask me. What did the last codex actually add that was new anyway?

Kawauso
08-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Hope they release any new miniature for my Space Pups... Maybe Arjac??

Arjac won't be in there, at least. He's Codex material, not IA, and his company isn't involved (he's part of Logan's Great Company, isn't he?).

flekkzo
08-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Yeah, That's what I'm most curious about actually. Seems FW are doing with Eldar what I thought GW main should of done in the first place - new aspects, craftworlds, characters ect. New stuff once in a while is really important to keep an army "fresh" if you ask me. What did the last codex actually add that was new anyway?

In fact, adding just a single unit or character can make a huge difference to an army. GW could super cheaply add one new character Farseer (one finecast model plus rules should be about two weeks of work), run the rules as Experimental in one WD (plus backstory) and then make it official 3-6 issues later after feedback. Do this mid-life of a codex and it would do wonders.

Heck, have FW do it but publish it in WD!

eldargal
08-12-2011, 10:11 PM
I don't think the last codex had anything new in it, in fact it lacked a special character (Iyanna Arienal). But we did get the Nightspinner in the Spearhead WD which was nice.

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-13-2011, 05:25 PM
In fact, adding just a single unit or character can make a huge difference to an army. GW could super cheaply add one new character Farseer (one finecast model plus rules should be about two weeks of work), run the rules as Experimental in one WD (plus backstory) and then make it official 3-6 issues later after feedback. Do this mid-life of a codex and it would do wonders.

Heck, have FW do it but publish it in WD!

Yeah - this is more the kind of stuff I think WD should do as well - for all armies. X or Y character could come from a new or unfleshed out chapter/craftworld/klan/tombworld ect. Would as you say make a huge difference and work as a great "interim" update to breathe life into an army for at least another year or so.

flekkzo
08-13-2011, 07:11 PM
I don't think the last codex had anything new in it, in fact it lacked a special character (Iyanna Arienal). But we did get the Nightspinner in the Spearhead WD which was nice.

Iyanna Arienal, is that the Alaitoc farseer?

Dalleron
08-14-2011, 12:09 AM
She is/was an Iyanden warlock. She had some leadership based invul save and a 18" singing spear.

eldargal
08-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Yep, sadly being graced with one of the worst pieces of art I've seen in an Eldar book:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/f/f5/Iyanna.JPG

Along with a sadly unreleased miniature:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/mediawiki/images/9/91/Unreleased_-_Eldar_Farseer_1.jpg

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Along with a sadly unreleased miniature:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/mediawiki/images/9/91/Unreleased_-_Eldar_Farseer_1.jpg

Wow, that's a pretty good miniature - surprised it's unreleased. They really need a female Farseer too, and I keep reading people asking for one too...kinda annoys me when things like that exist but arent being sold despite a demand.

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
08-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Wow, that's a pretty good miniature - surprised it's unreleased. They really need a female Farseer too, and I keep reading people asking for one too...kinda annoys me when things like that exist but arent being sold despite a demand.

Always Finecast for that ;)?

Arthfael
08-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Yep, sadly being graced with one of the worst pieces of art I've seen in an Eldar book
Here's a better one I think, although the collar might be overdone: http://aprillee.tripod.com/ccgwh40k/iyannaarienal600c.jpg
I'm not too much a fan of this unreleased mini, the face and hair are just too caricatural and kitsch. The spear is also terrible, no detail at all.
And you forgot Nuadhu Fireheart. Although not special characters, I also wish we could get the Wild Rider Chief and Kinsmen from the Craftworld Eldar codex, a kickass idea if ever there was one, I guess made partially redundant by Autarchs + guardian jetbikes. Yriel was a welcome and awesome addition though.

raven1man
08-14-2011, 08:39 PM

Its not a marine so we have to wait.

eldargal
08-14-2011, 11:08 PM
It would have been their best female miniature when it was sculpted, back in 2003 or so, but now it's showing its age I agree.

Here's a better one I think, although the collar might be overdone: http://aprillee.tripod.com/ccgwh40k/iyannaarienal600c.jpg
I'm not too much a fan of this unreleased mini, the face and hair are just too caricatural and kitsch. The spear is also terrible, no detail at all.
And you forgot Nuadhu Fireheart. Although not special characters, I also wish we could get the Wild Rider Chief and Kinsmen from the Craftworld Eldar codex, a kickass idea if ever there was one, I guess made partially redundant by Autarchs + guardian jetbikes. Yriel was a welcome and awesome addition though.

daboarder
08-15-2011, 03:35 AM
I dunno the lahmians are pretty cool. Never seen one in the flesh so don't know if they suffer from man hands but I think Juan may have sculpted them so that could explain it.

eldargal
08-15-2011, 03:38 AM
The Lahmians aren't bad, I wouldn't say their faces are better than Iyannas though, a little crude compared to the current DE girls.

daboarder
08-15-2011, 04:18 AM
...hmm I can agree on the new DE for sure but the farseer's face....I dunno just seems a little off to me...

Anggul
08-17-2011, 06:01 AM
This sounds like one of the best so far. Despite being an Eldar fan, I'm just as interested in the Elysians, so much more interesting than the same boring metal boxes that FW constantly churn out, and those Cadians sound really cool.

As for the Eldar, my verdict is reserved for now, forge world generally fail at fluff and adhering to what the army is about, so I'll wait and see. The Hornet for example - don't we have Vypers for this? The Wasp - why on earth do we have War Walkers when these are just superior? I'm not sure what Aspect of Khaine the Spectres are... the aspect of being floaty? I'm not saying they aren't all cool models, but as usual they are a bit annoying fluff-wise.

The Corsairs on the other hand... those are extra-pretty and I look forward to their rules. I'm thinking Dark Eldar warrior statline? Talk of Solitaire rules (and maybe a fancy model?) makes me happy.

eldargal
08-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Well there are thousands of different Aspects, each focusing on an aspect of Khaine in one form or another, I don't really have a problem with the Shadow Spectre fluff (what we know of it at any rate). The hornet is problematic in that it is a superior Vyper with better weapons, defenses and special rules for only ten points more than a Vyper, rendering Vypers relatively pointless in comparison.

The Wasp makes more sense, it is a war walker but it is a troops choice, meaning you can have war walkers which don't wat into your HS allocation, or you could have 18 Wasps and nine War Walkers in one army, Wasps with deep strike and War Walkers with scout. Could be fun. So they don't really cancel each other out, unlike the hornet/vyper thing where they are both fast attack.

I tend to think FW does the fluff quite well, I like what they did with Tyranids in IA4, Orks in IA5 and the Death Korps and Elysians are both rather nifty. Rumours about the story had the Eldar acheiving their goals and dissapearing, with the Imperium claiming victory as well which is really the best way to write Eldar. So I'm hopeful.:)

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-17-2011, 06:45 AM
Wasps are TROOPS ? that's cool - this book really sounds great for Eldar players, adds a lot of diversity, new units and resurrecting the old corsairs is a great move too!

Actually tempts me to paintstrip my old 2nd ed eldar from the 90's and add some FW stuff to it. Those corsairs and shadow spectres are pretty tempting afterall. Perhaps even do it in an old-school camou scheme like the old RT corsairs :D

eldargal
08-17-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm very interested to see what they do with the Corsair list. I may even buy a box, despite being a die-hard Craftworlder/Kabalite. Love the retro vibrating insect wings. Still have some of the old models myself, in my little Exodite/Corsair sample army. A few lizard riders and corsairs, some of the old Harlequins etc.

Yep, really smart of FW too, keeps War Walkers and Wasps distinct, allows for some fun FOCs, such as 27 war walkers with scatter lasers. That made for a fun game of Apocalypse when combined with the Shadow Walker formation , deploying the War Walkers 12" away from the enemy and firing all weapons twice on that turn.:rolleyes:

Pity they hadn't done that with the hornet instead of making an ober-Vyper. Though to be fair if you want to take advantage of hornets pulse lasers, vypers suddenly become cheap scatter laser platforms again.

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-17-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm very interested to see what they do with the Corsair list. I may even buy a box, despite being a die-hard Craftworlder/Kabalite. Love the retro vibrating insect wings. Still have some of the old models myself, in my little Exodite/Corsair sample army. A few lizard riders and corsairs, some of the old Harlequins etc.

Yep, really smart of FW too, keeps War Walkers and Wasps distinct, allows for some fun FOCs, such as 27 war walkers with scatter lasers. That made for a fun game of Apocalypse when combined with the Shadow Walker formation , deploying the War Walkers 12" away from the enemy and firing all weapons twice on that turn.:rolleyes:

Pity they hadn't done that with the hornet instead of making an ober-Vyper. Though to be fair if you want to take advantage of hornets pulse lasers, vypers suddenly become cheap scatter laser platforms again.

Lol, after reading your last blog post I'm wondering what eldar you DON'T have :P perhaps stuff yet to be made eh? ;)

Yeah, the rogue trader look to the corsairs is awesome, I really like the helmets too! gives them a nice sense of brutality to them.

All they need to do now is Exodites, and all the Eldar factions are practically accounted for. Well except for Croneworlders, if they even still exist (?)

eldargal
08-17-2011, 08:56 AM
I have every 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th edition Eldar miniature as far as I know, I have most of the RT stuff too I think, missing a few guardian variant and such I believe. My brothers were already collecting Warhammer when Rogue Trader came out so when I started collecting in '95 they gave me most of the RT/2nd edition stuff that was around.:) It is a testament to Jes Goodwins skill that everything from 1989 to now still mesh aesthetically, apart from some of the weapons. The earlier stuff, not so much.

I don't have any of the IA11 stuff as I'm waiting to put in a big order with the book.:)

Croneworlders do exist but from what we know of them they are almost like Greater Daemons. All the psychic potential of Craftworlders, the reflexes of Dark Eldar warped and corrupted by Chaos into really nasty critters. Exodites are coming with the next book, according to my sources.;)

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-17-2011, 09:51 AM
I have every 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th edition Eldar miniature as far as I know, I have most of the RT stuff too I think, missing a few guardian variant and such I believe. My brothers were already collecting Warhammer when Rogue Trader came out so when I started collecting in '95 they gave me most of the RT/2nd edition stuff that was around.:) It is a testament to Jes Goodwins skill that everything from 1989 to now still mesh aesthetically, apart from some of the weapons. The earlier stuff, not so much.

The old 2nd ed Aspects still look good to me, allthough I prefer the current Dark Reapers to the old ones. I even still like the old 2nd ed monopose Guardians, allthough that might be nostalgia admitedly (first plastic box I ever had and all).

I don't have any of the IA11 stuff as I'm waiting to put in a big order with the book.:)

I expected as much :P you probably have enough for a whole craftworld by now. Perhaps you should build a scale craftworld to store them....probably have to be the size of a few sheds or something. :eek:

Croneworlders do exist but from what we know of them they are almost like Greater Daemons. All the psychic potential of Craftworlders, the reflexes of Dark Eldar warped and corrupted by Chaos into really nasty critters. Exodites are coming with the next book, according to my sources.;)

Interesting, I wasnt sure if they still existed or not. I think they'd make a great HQ for a force of chaos Aliens or traitor-guard maybe. I sort of envision them having a strong Giger look to them.

Good to hear Exodites will come back - it was a shame the 3rd and 4th ed books missed them out, even if they don't produce models they should keep the rules for them - they arent that difficult to convert afterall, with things like Cold ones and the giant WHF monsters available.

eldargal
08-17-2011, 10:03 AM
I think the current generation of Aspect Warriors are the prettiest accross the board, with 2nd edition coming in next. The third edition banshees are ok but their hydrocephalicesque helmets were a bit of a radical departure.

Well teh fluff for my Craftworld has the population in the low billions,so not quite there yet. I think counting vehicle crews I have around 1350 Eldar.

Well my source said they were getting a plastic kit, and I'm fairly sure ghost21 said the same on Warseer, so they should get rules and a kit. I always imagined Croneworlders as maintaining an Eldar like aesthetic but being twisted and stretched into an almost praying mantis type of critter, not sure why.

Bigred
08-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Hey eldargal,

If you have any little goodies on early prelim stuff from the next Craftworlder codex, feel free to drop them into a seperate thread, so they dont get buried in this one.

-L

eldargal
08-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Not really enough to justify a new thread, I've heard its being worked on, exodites are in and that is it. Jes Goodwin said at Games Day Chicago said he wasn't working on anything he could tell us about, so that could mean he hasn't started work or he can't tell us about it, take your pick.:)

darth_papi76
08-21-2011, 11:44 PM
We can only hope he's working on them. I myself am looking forward to getting three Warp Hunters.:D

MajorWesJanson
08-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Not really enough to justify a new thread, I've heard its being worked on, exodites are in and that is it. Jes Goodwin said at Games Day Chicago said he wasn't working on anything he could tell us about, so that could mean he hasn't started work or he can't tell us about it, take your pick.:)

He's currently doing concept work and mentoring new sculptors. But no projects he can tell us about.

eldargal
08-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Yup, so either he can't tell us he is working on Eldar, or he isn't working on Eldar. Of course that needn't invalidate what I heard, could be the Exodites and whatnot have been ready for ages who knows, but at this point I'm leaning towards Eldar aren't being worked on in any serious sense. At least not by Mr Goodwin.

DrLove42
08-23-2011, 02:55 AM
After the DE codex theres only a few people i trust with the Eldar line....Mr Goodwin is one of them. Will Hayes is the other. And Mr Kelly to write the book.

I know the Eldar codex is a long wya off probably, but I still await it eagerly

eldargal
08-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Diaz didn't do too badly with the Hellions and a few other things, I didn't care for the Hellion heads much but they looked suitably gangeresque.

Also, this thread:
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/nikephorusLB/NeedMoreEldar.jpg
Teehee. A friend just made this for me.:rolleyes:

MarneusCalgar
08-23-2011, 03:00 PM
But the book is gonna be Eldar themed??

Cause since I started reading about it, long ago, it was told it was going to be Wolves-centric

eldargal
08-23-2011, 11:28 PM
It features Space Wolves, Elysians and perhaps Cadians (I forget) against Craftworld Eldar, Corsairs and Dark Eldar. It is told from the perspective of the Imperium as all IA books are. So it won't exactly be Space Wolf centric.

gwensdad
08-24-2011, 09:33 AM
It features Space Wolves, Elysians and perhaps Cadians (I forget) against Craftworld Eldar, Corsairs and Dark Eldar. It is told from the perspective of the Imperium as all IA books are. So it won't exactly be Space Wolf centric.

And like other IA books, can we assume things don't go well for the Imperium? Especially if all the Eldar factions are working together (or at least not interferring with one another.)

eldargal
08-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Well, last I heard, which was arond GD UK, the Eldar dissapear at some point, leaving the Imperium wondering what happened. So I speculate that the Eldar achieve their goals (win) and the Imperium claims victory as well, it would be nice if the Eldar gave the Imperium a damned good thrashing in the process.:p

Thought I'd mention that the source that told me FW were working on some DE kits back in December recently told me FW were working on something much larger than the Tantalus. I mention it now because I saw someone on The Dark City mention hearing of a Thunderhawk-sized DE kit at GD Chicago (I think). As usual, rumours and salt.

wittdooley
08-24-2011, 10:35 AM
I sorta like the idea of the Eldar and the Imperium teaming up against Chaos for some reason. I mean, that's really the biggest threat to the universe, isn't it?

Burn the Heretic. I can deal with that.
Suffer not the witch to live. Okay, I'm still with you.
Kill everything that's different. Well you lost me there, Hitler.

Seriously though. I'd love to see someone more pragmatic take over and instill these virtues. If all the "civilized" races teamed up, they'd still have to deal with Chaos, Dark Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, and Orks.

Seems to me that the Imperium, Tau, and Eldar just need to get along :)

Lane
08-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Any update on release schedule for IA 11?

eldargal
08-27-2011, 10:53 PM
Christmas time.

MarneusCalgar
08-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Hope to know more about the fluff for the Wolves on this!!

DrLove42
08-31-2011, 04:25 AM
Bored at work so browsing Facebook....as I do

Looking on the FW page, and saw something that caught my eye.

Someone had posted asking about stuff in upcoming FW books (imperial stuff and Sisters stuff...)

But FW commented on it saying;

make sure you keep an eye out for xenos tripod-form walkers.

I can't think of any Tripod walkers, let alone any Xenos ones....another new War Walker?
I

eldargal
08-31-2011, 04:28 AM
I'm not sure tripods really mesh with the Eldar aesthetic, as far as I can think everything has had two legs or hovers. Dark Eldar perhaps? They could get away with it I think. But heck it could be orks, Tau or Necros even.

Edit: Just checked the FW Facebook site myself, it was War of the Worlds joke. So no models.:) The OP posted a picture of a Land Raider or something called Thunderchild, which as someone pointed out was the ship in War of the Worlds that was destroyed by the Martians buying time for refugee ships to flee.

DrLove42
08-31-2011, 04:51 AM
Yeah I saw that. My bad...:$

DrLove42
12-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Bit fo Threadomanc here to bring some hope...

ONce again on the FW facebook page, about a week ago i commented asking if we might see Mymeara before Christmas, the reply was they were still hopeful

Today, back on there I saw someone asking about it. I commented saying as tomorrow was the last day for orders to be made before Christmas it was very unlikely we'd get it.

FW commented back with "Hold Brothers! Have faith!"

So maybe keep an eye out tomorrow? Buy it on the day of release and still get it before christmas? But that would require no reserve phase before it comes out

eldargal
12-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Someone posted on Warseer yesterday that he spok to FW on the phone and they said that the books were still in China. So unless they just mean't 'we haven't got them yet' we won't be seeing it before Christmas as there is no wway freight containers can be moved that fast.:(

DrLove42
12-13-2011, 03:57 AM
Maybe up for preorder before christmas, if not actual delivery.

Its a book about a snow planet! Its almost compulsary that it comes out at christmas!

eldargal
12-13-2011, 04:43 AM
Judging by the way they handled Tamurkhan FW don't seem to like putting the books up for pre-order before they get them. It is possible we will see pre-orders go up before Christmas if the books arrive in time but a Christmas release seems impossible unless they are paying for air freight which is extremely expensive for lots of heavy things like books.:(

DrLove42
12-13-2011, 07:08 AM
Yeah...sad panda.

Least if it comes in the new year I can order it at the same time as all the kits I want when i get paid again

Also....FW's Facebook page just clocked over 15,000 fans. They did some new reveals when they hit 10K so hopefully....