PDA

View Full Version : Sisters gone

AstroThumps47
02-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Anyone else notice that Sisters of Battle troops are now completely gone from GW's site. Its just superiors and Banners now.

AngelsofDeath
02-07-2011, 04:25 PM
On the GW website they have removed the box sets. Heard rumors of plastic Sisters but not of a codex re-do. Maybe GW will surprise us and just put out new plastics.

FalseVariablex
02-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Stick Monkey on Warseer described the new up and coming plastic SoB model he saw a while back...

AstroThumps47
02-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Ya the box sets have been gone for a while. Its the Blisters that have gone away.

Maybe they are after the Grey Knights but I find it hard to believe they wouldnt want to throw in some Xenos trash in between the Grey Knights and Sisters

DarkLink
02-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Sisters stuff has been coming and going for a while. Sister's aren't the biggest sellers, so GW probably just doesn't see any point in producing more when the codex and new models are so close. I bet they're just pulling out their leftover stock until they run out.

isotope99
02-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Looks like this is US only, they're still on the UK webstore

Chuck777
02-07-2011, 06:18 PM
GW stopped making GK and SOB models last January (maybe even earlier) and since then its been a process of attrition as GW's stock of models slowly dwindled to less than nothing.

Mr.Pickelz
02-08-2011, 12:04 AM
the Grey knight blisters are also gone... all that's left is the Justicar psycannon incinerator single blisters,however the terminators and inquisitors are still there.

Edit: They do say, under the shipping info, that the unit will dispatch within the next 2-3 weeks...so their not goin to stay there for long.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
02-08-2011, 02:02 AM
Nearly everything is still available on the Australian GW site.

eldargal
02-08-2011, 02:26 AM
Probably just run out of US stock, they may or may not come back. I wouldn't read anything into this, the old Dark Eldar stuff was still around (mostly) until the new codex was announced or thereabouts.

Brass Scorpion
02-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Anyone else notice that Sisters of Battle troops are now completely gone from GW's site. Its just superiors and Banners now.No, no one else noticed.;)

JMichael
02-08-2011, 01:49 PM
When they ramped up production for the Dark Eldar release quite a few of the less popular (selling wise anyway) units of different armies disappeared (many Eldar HQ units among others). GW did, at that time announce that current production line would be altered as they made room for the Dark Eldar molds.
Those units reappeared and were restocked soon after the initial Dark Eldar release.

So not necessarily a sign of doom. Perhaps just that they are making room for the new Grey Knights molds in their factory.

andrewm9
02-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Probably just run out of US stock, they may or may not come back. I wouldn't read anything into this, the old Dark Eldar stuff was still around (mostly) until the new codex was announced or thereabouts.

I remember DE basic troops being available even after the new models being made available for sale if you knew where to look on the site even though it was for just a little bit.

Sisters must suffer with their 13+ year old troop models being unavailable for a little while longer I'm sure (like maybe a year or more).

Daemonette666
02-11-2011, 05:08 AM
Nearly everything is still available on the Australian GW site.
I agree, Australia stil has everything they had on the website a few months ago. It is just the box sets of Sister battle Squads, and Seraphim Squads that are no longer available, and they have been unavailable for a very long time.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
02-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Maybe they are not as popular down under here, then again i probably am one of their most interesting customers when it comes to SoB.
Having spent $500 on five Excorsists alone. Any many more in all to collect 12K+ of SoB over the years.