PDA

View Full Version : Classes of Titans

dmcq
02-06-2011, 07:19 PM
I was rereading False Gods and came across the moderati of one of the Titans an Horus's Flagship ruminating on all the Titans on the ship. As well as Imperiator, Warhound, Reaver and Warlord class Titans, he also mentioned, "the new Night Gaunt Class".

Now in Mechanicus there was also the "Knight Class" Titan or Battle suit, so what other classes of imperial titan are there, how do they all fit and how big are they?

I reckon from smallest to biggest:-

Imperiator
warlord
reaver
night gaunt??
Warhound
knight

Any Thoughts

gwensdad
02-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Knights are the smallest, kind of like a Battlemech (from Battletech) as far as size goes.
Then the Warhounds, Reavers, Warlords, and the various Emperor types.

Back in the old Adeptus Titanicus days, Warlords were all known by their variant subclass. Night Gaunt was one of these (I've got the rule book right here-but it doesn't list what weapons were on it.) Some of the other types of Warlord were Eclipse, Death Bringer, & Nemesis. For 2nd edition Epic they pretty much removed all these designations.

Fantomex
02-10-2011, 02:38 PM
I know there was apparently another class of Titan discovered in the Grey Knights books, apparently bigger than the Emperor-class, though I can't remember where amongst the stories this happened, but I'll assume it was in Dark Adeptus..

The Lyzer
02-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Titanworks

"Alaric learns of a large power output coming from the acid wastes on the planet. This power output is in the same direction of the daemonic presence that he felt in orbit. Alaric convinces Antigonus to assist his force in destroying what they can of the Dark Adeptus before the Chaos fleet reaches the planet. Upon reaching the acid wastes, they find a large titanworks. As the force attempts to sabotage the works they are attacked by Archmagos Veneratus Scraecos, a Dark Adeptus. After defeating the forces of Scraecos, the Grey Knights face a large and unidentified Titan.

The Castigator

Alaric is separated from his remaining Grey Knights as they attempt to board the titan, and eventually makes his way to the head of the large titan. Here he discovers that the Titan is actually built around a STC, or Standard Template Construct for the "Castigor-class autonomous bipedal weapons platform, created for fire support and siege operations". After a brief exchange, Alaric learns that the STC has been possessed by a daemon, but it has been asleep for so long that it still thinks that it is the STC Castigator or the father of all titans. Alaric convinces the STC that it is really a daemon allowing him to fight it. While he is fighting the daemon, the remainder of his squad set about destroying the titan created by the STC to deny the forces of chaos a chance to claim it. Alaric slays the demon and his Grey Knights destroy the Titan enraging the Chaos Fleet, who in turn destroy the titanworks, and then return to the Eye of Terror to report. This saves the much battered and defeated Imperial Fleet who recover Alaric, two other Grey Knights, Hawkspur, and Magos Antigonus."

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Alaric
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Castigator