PDA

View Full Version : More Dark Eldar in March

eldargal
02-06-2011, 06:21 AM
From Warseer:

time to un-debunk/make people remember it then

the next DE metals are 100% coming in march.
I know you all tend to believe Hastings over me but I've had this confirmed numerous times now.
They will be released week 3 of march and it consists of a succubus, beastmaster, and all the beasts. All metal blisters.

Hurrah for Succubi.

isotope99
02-06-2011, 06:56 AM
Surprised this wasn't in the March Incoming email :confused:

eldargal
02-06-2011, 07:04 AM
There was something else which didn't get an Incoming email as well, though I can't remember what it was.:rolleyes: So its not unheard of.

TheBitzBarn
02-06-2011, 08:27 AM
not likely are they have orcs and goblins that month and 3rd week is already full from what i hear. and it wont be 4th week as that is WD and first week is Armybook

Defenestratus
02-06-2011, 08:49 AM
From Warseer:

Hurrah for Succubi.

Whats GW doing releasing a model of my friend's wife for?
:P

Necron_Lord
02-06-2011, 10:41 AM
So this means that wracks and haemonculi are going to be plastic? A fella can always hope, I suppose.

steelmage99
02-06-2011, 10:45 AM
I fully expect Haemonculi to be metal and Wracks not to be released at all.

Unzuul the Lascivious
02-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Well, if this turns out to be a goer, it'll relieve me of some of my hard earnt. Beast Masters I've never really considered so it'll give me some options

eldargal
02-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Well, you would be wrong (probably) Frgt and others have the Haemonculi and Wracks coming in wave 2, probably in June, maybe May. Along with the flyer kit, Venom and a few other things. Wracks will be metal also unfortunately.

Nosmo75
02-07-2011, 02:56 AM

Why on Earth do you think that Wrack models won't be released? Or do you mean not released in March?

steelmage99
02-07-2011, 05:16 AM
Why on Earth do you think that Wrack models won't be released? Or do you mean not released in March?

I haven't really got a reason beyond a gut-feeling. I don't think they will be released at all.

I don't believe they have been really confirmed. I could be wrong though, but I seem to remember them being put in the "We-know-there-is-slot-with-this-prize-range-but-we-don't-know-what-it-is" box.

Make no mistake. I really hope I am wrong and I would be happy to be so.
I would love to really get them confirmed, but a series of "but why wouldn't GW release them? they are really cool" wont really help me.

For me, the worst thing that could happen would be for GW to release a Wracks box like the Mandrakes and the Incubi.
You know, metal models with three different poses. It would suck to make three 10-man squads out of that.

eldargal
02-07-2011, 05:53 AM
Actually several of the rumourmongers have said that Wracks are coming in metal in the second Haemonculi wave, which should be here by June. No reason at all to assume otherwise.

steelmage99
02-07-2011, 07:56 AM
So I seems like I was wrong. Good to know.

It also seems like my nightmare is coming true. Oh well, I already have 20 Wracks converted up so.....

eldargal
02-07-2011, 07:59 AM
I must admit, while Wracks are a matter of supreme indifference for me, not being interested in Haemonculi, I would prefer to see them in plastic on principle. Having said that, if they are produced along the lines of the Archon, ie compatible with the plastics, they still should be quite alright.

DrLove42
02-07-2011, 08:33 AM
From Warseer:

Hurrah for Succubi.

Speaking to my GW manager this morning. He said they got the list of releases for March in last week, and can 100% guarentee there are no DE in March.

Admittadly that is his word and GW are lips sealed a lot, but he said O&G for Fantasy in March, GK in April.

So sorry to disappoint people. but looks like we might be waiting longer

Unzuul the Lascivious
02-07-2011, 10:44 AM
I get so annoyed at GW only bringing out half a frickin army each time - just release it in one go and be done with it already!

jorz192
02-07-2011, 10:52 AM
How does anyone know for sure that these are the models that are going to be released?

I don't mean this rudely, as in I don't believe you. I just am really curious.

Brass Scorpion
02-08-2011, 01:39 PM
I don't see GW messing up their huge Orcs & Goblins release in March with a major release of new Dark Eldar models. It's possible, but not very plausible. If they do such a thing, it would be a major change in procedure from the way they've operated for the past few years.

crazy_irish
02-09-2011, 04:39 AM
Like when they released the Legion of the Damned Models?

And a few Blisters isn't going to ruin O&G Day.

Unzuul the Lascivious
02-09-2011, 05:25 AM
I agree, they can release 2nd wave stuff, especially for a different games system. Big Fantasy release, couple of new miniatures for an existing codex. They needn't overshadow the O&G release, as I don't know that many people run armies for both systems. Actually, I know a few...anyway, boo if they don't, but no matter - I can wait til June, cos I haven't finished painting what I've got yet!

Xas
02-09-2011, 09:53 AM
new DE models in march wouldnt mean that I'd spend less money on O&G (as in zero anyways not playing fantasy) and instead would mean GW would earn a few hundred bucks more in march.

with the time it takes to assemble, paint and have fun with an army I cannot see much people really go out and buy a new army that frequently anyways (as in: if you bought DE wave 1 you will still be into DE and not anything fantasy related!).

L'Etat Cest Moi
02-13-2011, 10:07 AM
I very much doubt that beastmasters will be metal. Since the new Hellions are plastic, and since beast masters are so similar to Hellions, it would only seem to make sence that they are like one another.

schadenfreude
02-18-2011, 08:50 AM
I think that it's awesome that the original post turned out to be 100% spot-on.

And then there are nearly 3 full pages of replies that basically doubt, question, or otherwise challenge the (turned-out-to-be-true) posted news/rumor.

I really like all of the naysayers that justified their skepticism with their "expert" knowledge of GW's release schedule and prior practices. Good job, experts!